Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1080. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Usually it means your CPU is doing something like Windows Update search (if you are on Windows).
As a first try you may run miner with high priority (either with start /high command or by changing the priority in the process list).
Usually all unnecessary processes should be disabled (such as Windows Update, background search indexer, etc).
Or use Linux, it just works even on 1GB RAM without issues.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Any idea why every 2 minutes or so the speed goes down and up with some of my rigs. The Miner Manager keeps blinking every 2-3 minutes or so that one of my rigs is running slower than usually. Usually it runs 10-20mh/s slower for 1 second and then goes back to normal.

Any way to fix this or is it just a very slow CPU ?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Hi everyone, I am mining eth solo with claymore 7.1 and I have OC my RX480 8 gb yesterday.

Everything about the software looks fine, but I was wondering:

1) can I exit the test mode on win10 without causing any crash?

2) what are the best settings in wattman to make sure that the cards have the lowest consumption possible and that they run as much stable as possible around the 31mh/s? Core, memory, fan, and temp? (at the moment they are varying between <24 and >30, which seems quite a lot)

this is the procedure I have followed to enable the test mode:

i) Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
ii) Once the Command Prompt open, enter bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and press Enter. Then enter bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON and press Enter.
iii) Close Command Prompt and restart your PC.

and this is the mod. rom: https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/ethereum.vanillaforums.com/editor/9p/vv6t6jnquwj1.zip

Now I am getting the message "miner thread hang, restart miner" and 2 of the gpus go to 0.00 mh/s before the miner restarts...

I know this is related to the OC, because probably those two cards can not manage it, but how can I solve the problem? (keeping the OC...)

Thank you for you help
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hey Claymore,

I am having some issues with some of the switches under Ubuntu
That would be a result of:
/home/ethos/claymore/ethdcrminer64 -lidag -di 012345 -eres 3 -tt 100 -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 (...) etc.
Unless I am doing something wrong here - let me know one way or another.
Thanks,

"-lidag 1".

@ Claymore, Do you have or are you making a zcash gpu miner?

Search for "zcash" in this thread and you'll find my answer.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
@ Claymore, Do you have or are you making a zcash gpu miner?
Activity: 27
Hey Claymore,

I am having some issues with some of the switches under Ubuntu
For example if I put -lidag in a certain spot in the shell script - it doesn't detect it properly. I believe it was if I put it right before the -epool switch.
I can test it if you want...

Now I tried the di- option and get:

UNKNOWN OPTION 012345

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
?      Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC GPU Miner v7.2 Beta      ?
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

That would be a result of:

/home/ethos/claymore/ethdcrminer64 -lidag -di 012345 -eres 3 -tt 100 -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 (...) etc.

Unless I am doing something wrong here - let me know one way or another.

Thanks,
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Is it safe to undervolt Aux Voltage?
If yes, Any sugestions or safe levels?
Does it help with card temps?
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Is it safe to undervolt Aux Voltage?
If yes, Any sugestions or safe levels?
Activity: 45
Hi everyone, I am mining eth solo with claymore 7.1 and I have OC my RX480 8 gb today.

Everything about the software looks fine, but I was wondering:

1) can I exit the test mode on win10 without causing any crash and how? (which command?)

2) what are the best settings in wattman to make sure that the cards have the lowest consumption possible and that they run as much stable as possible around the 31mh/s? Core, memory, fan, and temp? (at the moment they are varying between <24 and >30, which seems quite a lot)

this is the procedure I have followed to enable the test mode:

i) Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
ii) Once the Command Prompt open, enter bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and press Enter. Then enter bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON and press Enter.
iii) Close Command Prompt and restart your PC.

and this is the mod. rom: https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/ethereum.vanillaforums.com/editor/9p/vv6t6jnquwj1.zip

Thank you for you help
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
XFX 480 GRT teardown on youtube by Bill Zoid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzwV7e0s1jA

If, you ever complain about cleaning GPU fans, this are removable Grin

How lazy is that, gone are the days of dismantling most of a GPU just to clean the fans  Cheesy
donator
Miners developer
@Claymore

Is there a way to change colors for the miner? I do not see red very well, which is the default color for various warnings. I need to change it to something like yellow.

The only thing you can do if you don't like colors is to disable coloring at all with "-colors 0".
Activity: 23
Hi miners,

today i cant start my miner, i always got error "EthDcrMiner64.exe has stopped working".

Yesterday all was fine... i have 6 miners, 2 of them are 4xRX480 and they dont work, other are R9 2**/3** and they work fine...

My rig is with:

Code:
4x RX480 Nitro 8GB
2GB RAM
Seasonic 1000W Platinum

My command "start":

Code:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ethDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal "MY ADRESS"/RIG004 -epsw x

Tried 3-4 drivers, tried other version of miner, tried inserting "-gser 1", tried stock speeds....

Got some other solution for fixing that? Why i got only problems on rigs with RX480? What changed from yesterday? :S

Ty

https://s18.postimg.org/avuqfnvdl/error.jpg

RESOLVED: Problem was in small RAM, installed 8GB and now all works great again.
GH
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
IF you turn dual mode on at modded BIOS you whether lose your ETH speed or increase wattage..
our rx 480: original bios: 24,5mhs and 400dual. Modded: 28mhs Ethonly / 24mhs dual

Wow! So, you lost a full 4 Mh/s going from Eth-only to dual with the modded bios?  I will still test mine but if it's anywhere near that kind of drop it won't be worth dual mining at all.  

There must be something wrong, as you can also read everywhere. Even my RX 470(!) do 27+ MHash/s in dual mode (with simple modded BIOS). Stable. Ethash only does not bring much more.
Edit: I suspect too high intensity for secondary coin...
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
@Claymore

Is there a way to change colors for the miner? I do not see red very well, which is the default color for various warnings. I need to change it to something like yellow.
Activity: 18
anyone...! how to clear all claymore setting in windows?
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
IF you turn dual mode on at modded BIOS you whether lose your ETH speed or increase wattage..
our rx 480: original bios: 24,5mhs and 400dual. Modded: 28mhs Ethonly / 24mhs dual

Wow! So, you lost a full 4 Mh/s going from Eth-only to dual with the modded bios?  I will still test mine but if it's anywhere near that kind of drop it won't be worth dual mining at all. 
donator
Miners developer
Claymore will you implement fan management for RX series in Linux version?

Yes, I will add it soon.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
I got an interesting case.

I have rx470 cards for mining whose BIOS have been updated, and the version of Claymore is v7.1. When Eth-only mining, I got totally 137MH/s; and when Eth and SC dual mining with -dcri's value 15, I got Eth's total speed 140MH/s.

Does anybody else get the same?

Quite a few of us for that matter.

That is very interesting that you would actually get more HR on ETH in dual mining mode.  About 2 weeks ago, I started using CDM with 4 MSI RX470s mining ETH & DCR. My ETH speed was bad at only 20.5 and no settings I could tweak within CDM would increase it at all... until I disabled dual mode but even then it only increased to 20.7.  But, my power draw was cut by over 100 watts by not mining the DCR, so I left it turned off since then.  However, a few days ago I finally modded the bios on my 470's and tweaked down their power consumption. I still have some testing to do but have been running stable for 36 hours now with 27+ average per GPU.

What I have been wondering, and will probably test soon, is if that extra power draw of dual mining will now be minimal due to my modded GPUs. It would be really nice if this were the case... if I could turn DCR mining back on with only maybe a 20-30 increase in wattage, it would be well worth it. But, if it still adds 100+ watts to my system, it won't really pencil out due to the extra heat, stress on GPUs and the fact that after adding a 5th card to my rig this week, I would be pushing 800W already (on a 1000w PSU) and don't really want that thing running over 900.
Jump to: