Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1081. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I said it unclear  eforw so I try to describe it better now:
I have few rigs.
I am using epools/dpools.txt files
I would like to  every rig use one file but with different worker id
How can I get that?
this : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16606500
It's not exactly what I meant or I understand something wrong..
F.e if I have Rigs named 1 2 and 3
And using 3pools a. b. And c. as failover..
I would like to get rig 1 look as below:
A.1
B.1
C.1
Rig 2:
A.2
B.2
C.2
And rig 3:
A.3
B.3
C.3
Etc..

So how to set %NAME ?

%NAME% ist the name of the rig in the remote manager. You said their names are already 1,2 and 3?

So just use one config file with workername A.%NAME% for pool A, workername B.%NAME% for pool B, etc. and roll it out to all three rigs via EthMan...

Edit: according to the help (which als shows an example) it is %NAME% not %NAME

Haha, Thanks, and sorry I cannot figured how to enter %NAME value out Cheesy

BTW "r" key by pool switch:
After press it should:
switch to B
or switch back to A if B has been activated as failover?

and P.P.S.

Claymore will you implement fan management for RX series in Linux version?
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

%NAME% ist the name of the rig in the remote manager. You said their names are already 1,2 and 3?

So just use one config file with workername A.%NAME% for pool A, workername B.%NAME% for pool B, etc. and roll it out to all three rigs via EthMan...

GH is right.

It needs to be %NAME%  You need both % symbols.

It receives the name you create your for your worker when you setup the rig in EthMan.  So instead of defining your worker name in the epools/dpools you do it in EthMan and it replaces %NAME% with your worker name.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
https://s15.postimg.org/nug9wz9dn/gpu_hangs.jpg

can somebody pls explain this to me. what is the problem of my card?
its an old sapphire r9-280x toxic rig. everything is stock.

sometimes it reboots the rig

CPU and motherboard and PSU have automatic reboot systems for overheating or power shortage or shorts. Big build up of dusts in parts can cause shorts.

Operating system will reboot when it crashes.

That, is the stuff that causes reboots.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
https://s15.postimg.org/nug9wz9dn/gpu_hangs.jpg

can somebody pls explain this to me. what is the problem of my card?
its an old sapphire r9-280x toxic rig. everything is stock.

sometimes it reboots the rig
GH
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
I said it unclear  eforw so I try to describe it better now:
I have few rigs.
I would like to  every rig use one file but with different worker id
How can I get that?
A.1
B.1
C.1
Rig 2:
A.2
B.2
C.2
And rig 3:
A.3
B.3
C.3
Etc..

So how to set %NAME ?

I said it unclear  eforw so I try to describe it better now:
I have few rigs.
I would like to  every rig use one file but with different worker id
How can I get that?
A.1
B.1
C.1
Rig 2:
A.2
B.2
C.2
And rig 3:
A.3
B.3
C.3
Etc..

So how to set %NAME ?

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I have few rigs.
How can I get that?
I have few rigs.
How can I get that?
Activity: 140
Place pool(s) in "epools.txt". In runtime in v7.2 you can press "r" key to reload this file so you can apply new pool immediately.

Thanks, I've missed this post. Will try.
Stay to the same currency. EXP and ETH are the same algo but with different epoch so at a given time, their dag are differents. So you can't avoid that

I've asked about the same currency. For example I'm mining ETH on f2pool and shall to go to ETH dwarfpool. DAG is the same, so in a theory I can switch without DAG-recreating. But DAG is recreating if I'm restarting the miner.
Okay I've misread your original post. As long as you restart the miner, you can't avoid dag regeneration. A few posts ago, Claymore explained how to live change pool (so without dag regeneration). with epools.txt and r key IIRC

Edit : This
hi claymore

is there anyway to switch pool instantly without restarting the miner?

Place pool(s) in "epools.txt". In runtime in v7.2 you can press "r" key to reload this file so you can apply new pool immediately.
Stay to the same currency. EXP and ETH are the same algo but with different epoch so at a given time, their dag are differents. So you can't avoid that

I've asked about the same currency. For example I'm mining ETH on f2pool and shall to go to ETH dwarfpool. DAG is the same, so in a theory I can switch without DAG-recreating. But DAG is recreating if I'm restarting the miner.
Sometimes I need to switch pool (with the same currency - exp or eth). Now I have to restart miner, and this is take a lot of time (~10-15 s) for generating new DAG on old cards (7950, 7970). Please explain how I can switch pool without generating new DAG?
Sometimes I need to switch pool (with the same currency - exp or eth). Now I have to restart miner, and this is take a lot of time (~10-15 s) for generating new DAG on old cards (7950, 7970). Please explain how I can switch pool without generating new DAG?
Activity: 18
Hello!

Can anybody provide json url for Dual Miner Manager v 2.0.

I can access only to html via link.
I am trying to switch from putting options in start.bat file in config.txt file, for easier remote administration of the configs. But I have one problem. How do I keep each worker name unique for pool monitoring while sending the same config.txt to miners from EthMan ? Is there some option to keep worker name unique, separate of config.txt?
IF the answer is no, then I suggest to claymore that he should have an option to start the miner with a -workername paramater in start.bat and maybe put an alias variable in the config.txt like $worker, which the miner replaces wherever it finds with the worker name, so it could work for both coins minerd.

Load ETHMan.exe.  Click on help tab at top.

From the help file:

Notes:

- You can send same file to several miners at once.
  Before sending a file, all strings %NAME% will be replaced with miner names.
  For example, you send epools.txt which contains this line:
      POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F/%NAME%, PSW: x
  Every miner will get own epools.txt with their names, for example:
     POOL: eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008, WALLET: 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F/Rig1, PSW: x
how to get miner names differ to every servrr and pool?
legendary
Merit: 1004
hello
i get this  error after 1h  or 2h  mining    (Miner thread hangs, need to restart miner!  )
can you help
RX 480    * 4

You should state: whether the CPUs and GPUs are overclocked or not?

Naturally, bad overclock causes software to crash!
Activity: 6
hello
i get this  error after 1h  or 2h  mining    (Miner thread hangs, need to restart miner!  )
can you help
RX 480    * 4
legendary
Merit: 1001
nicehash user is your btc addy
\and thanks for that
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
I sometimes get a hang if the driver crash on one of the cards in the rig. How can I restart the miner f.ex every 3 hours? or more? Did you make a restart parameter?

There is a -r option... I set my config with -r 1 and provide a reboot.bat script in the same folder as the start.bat
If the miner hangs, it will reboot your system

is it possible to run a command which will reboot the whole system in X minutes if the miner fails ?
Activity: 3

@claymore:
Is there a way we can call the monitoring API directly instead of using the provided EthMan.exe.
I have my own  webmon I would like to use.  just need the json calls/commands.  any documentation?
Jim

No docs currently, but protocol is very easy, you can see it with any sniffer like WireShark.

thxs for response.

I need too a simple documentation... If I have time I'll try to sniff some API call and document them a bit
Jump to: