Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1094. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
I compared the 4.1 version with 7.2. IDK why but stale- rate is higher with 7.2 ( same hashrate , same driver ,Sapphire RX480).
Did someone clear this dependency ...
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
RX470 and RX480 requires 4GB system memory, so you just can't mine with 2GB.

That is right. You cannot mine with 2GB memory with the Claymore miners. You can mine with other miners for other coins.
Just received some RX470 cards and built a test Windows 7 x64 righ with just 1GB (ONE) of system RAM. It works just fine with 3 RX470 cards (soon receiving more).

The key is to use -gser 1 option to serialize card initialization and don't forget to change virtual memory to use 16GB paging file. I don't know if the latter is really necessary, but -gser helps.

Soon switching to linux for new cards.

BTW, can anybody point me to the explanation of Polaris power stage structure? I need to understand well what all those VDDs mean. AFAIK, main VRM supplies voltage to a controller that generates more voltages for VRAM, GPU, VRAM to GPU bus, etc. Also there is some offset (from what to what?) used to downvolt. I use them blindly but please help me to find an info about this, I want to optimize my system but like to understand what I'm doing.

For voltage, I just change the state 7 (boost).  PowerColor Red Devil doesn't like you changing voltage for some reason, but Sapphire Nitro, and an ASUS card are fine.  Stock voltage varies from like 1070-1150.  Out of 11 cards, 1020mv has always been stable, some cards will go down to 955mv (1260MHz core) and be perfectly stable.  Check ASIC quality in GPU-Z, generally the higher this is, the less voltage is needed.  You can keep lowering voltage until system lock, then add like 40mv if you want a quick way to find ballpark estimate lowest stable (some cards you need to stop miner between changes, press 0-9 on miner).
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Recently started using Claymore, and so far its pretty awesome. Way more stable and profitable compared to what I was using before. Has anyone has any experience using the -logfile flag when running Claymore? I like the fact that it logs whats going on, but I am having trouble logging it to a file that I specify. If anyone has a working example that would be awesome.

When Claymore starts, it says -logfile is an unknown option. Is this flag deprecated from an older version? (I am running 7.1) Or am I just using it incorrectly.

Download v7.2, v7.1 has problems with "-logfile" option.

Downloaded and implemented 7.2, although its still giving me

UNKNOWN OPTION -logfile
UNKNOWN OPTION test.txt

Does the -logfile option need to be implemented in a certain place or a certain way? Im running Claymore like this...

./ethdcrminer64 -epool http://STRATUM/WORKER -ewal WALLET -epsw x -allpools 1 -di 0 -dpool XXXXXXX -dwal XXXXXX -dpsw x -dcoin sc -dbg 1 -gser 2 -logfile card0_noappend_log.txt -r 1 -mport 0

Thanks for the help!

Oh, linux, use v7.0 then. Or wait v7.3, will be available in a few days.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Recently started using Claymore, and so far its pretty awesome. Way more stable and profitable compared to what I was using before. Has anyone has any experience using the -logfile flag when running Claymore? I like the fact that it logs whats going on, but I am having trouble logging it to a file that I specify. If anyone has a working example that would be awesome.

When Claymore starts, it says -logfile is an unknown option. Is this flag deprecated from an older version? (I am running 7.1) Or am I just using it incorrectly.

Downloaded and implemented 7.2, although its still giving me

UNKNOWN OPTION -logfile
UNKNOWN OPTION test.txt

Does the -logfile option need to be implemented in a certain place or a certain way? Im running Claymore like this...

./ethdcrminer64 -epool http://STRATUM/WORKER -ewal WALLET -epsw x -allpools 1 -di 0 -dpool XXXXXXX -dwal XXXXXX -dpsw x -dcoin sc -dbg 1 -gser 2 -logfile card0_noappend_log.txt -r 1 -mport 0

Thanks for the help!
Activity: 353
Merit: 251

That is right. You cannot mine with 2GB memory with the Claymore miners. You can mine with other miners for other coins.
Just received some RX470 cards and built a test Windows 7 x64 righ with just 1GB (ONE) of system RAM. It works just fine with 3 RX470 cards (soon receiving more).

The key is to use -gser 1 option to serialize card initialization and don't forget to change virtual memory to use 16GB paging file. I don't know if the latter is really necessary, but -gser helps.

Soon switching to linux for new cards.

BTW, can anybody point me to the explanation of Polaris power stage structure? I need to understand well what all those VDDs mean. AFAIK, main VRM supplies voltage to a controller that generates more voltages for VRAM, GPU, VRAM to GPU bus, etc. Also there is some offset (from what to what?) used to downvolt. I use them blindly but please help me to find an info about this, I want to optimize my system but like to understand what I'm doing.
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Hey,

Claymore, great miner Smiley I have one small issue... sometimes (not sure why and when) 1 card show error with info about stopping watchdog gpu 5 (and trying to reboot.bash or restart miner) but this is weird because there is only 1 card (no matter solo or multigpu) , PSU checked, temp 85-88 degree , fan 90%... i wish to RMA warranty this gpu but ... its working sometimes 40hours non reboot... sometimes it reboots 5 times a day.... any idea how to fix it? or maybe how to stress test if its broken?

p.s. 4 gb ram is ok for 6 gpu? linux

regards,
Tom

I think 85-90 temp is not safe to run 24 hours a day,
Your gpu will die my friend, check thermal paste.

You should cool it better
Activity: 3
Hey,

Claymore, great miner Smiley I have one small issue... sometimes (not sure why and when) 1 card show error with info about stopping watchdog gpu 5 (and trying to reboot.bash or restart miner) but this is weird because there is only 1 card (no matter solo or multigpu) , PSU checked, temp 85-88 degree , fan 90%... i wish to RMA warranty this gpu but ... its working sometimes 40hours non reboot... sometimes it reboots 5 times a day.... any idea how to fix it? or maybe how to stress test if its broken?

p.s. 4 gb ram is ok for 6 gpu? linux

regards,
Tom
donator
Miners developer

Activity: 8

Activity: 19
Trying to run miner with RX480 on Athlon X2 Windsor (w/SSE3) @2.4GHz, 2GB DDR2, crashing on different versions few seconds after POOL VERSION displayed (waiting longer when trying first time after reboot). Used this platform to run on 280x, worked absolutely fine. Stable in LinX.

Is it possible to run the miner on this platform somehow? Miner does not produce any logs before to crash, maybe can I have a debug version with deeper logging?
More important data are:
your PSU and your MB model, and info if you use powered risers?
I'm using EPoX MF4-J3/G and Aerocool KCAS-1000W PSU, single card without riser. Win7 x64. Previously used two 280x cards one with riser, worked fine. Same with 2GB RAM on ETH. Currently on crimson 16.8.2

Just checked 280x - works fine. Looks like it stopps on VGA detection, as after POOL/SOLO VERSION the next lines i are Total cards: 1, No nvidia cards detected. This is what i do not see with RX 480

By installing 4GB RAM the problem is solved. By the way, even 3x 280x runs fine on 2GB. Why a single RX 480 does not?..

Activity: 7
Do you mind being more specific? Which log exactly are you looking for?

Thanks for the help!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
please give full (debug) log..
with gpu error code
Activity: 7
Hey Claymore, I've been having a lot of trouble with your miner lately. Specifically Watchdog restarts. The miner crashes and freezes up my whole PC when it tries to start mining again after a watchdog restart. I've tried multiple drivers and reinstalled Windows without luck. The new log (after miner restarts) ends like so:

02:29:33:892   fbc   AMD Cards available: 6
02:29:33:909   fbc   GPU #0: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
02:29:33:913   fbc   GPU #0 recognized as Radeon RX 480
02:29:33:917   fbc   GPU #1: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
02:29:33:920   fbc   GPU #1 recognized as Radeon RX 480
02:29:33:924   fbc   GPU #2: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
02:29:33:928   fbc   GPU #2 recognized as Radeon RX 480
02:29:33:932   fbc   GPU #3: Hawaii, 4096 MB available, 40 compute units
02:29:33:936   fbc   GPU #3 recognized as Radeon 290
02:29:33:940   fbc   GPU #4: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
02:29:33:944   fbc   GPU #4 recognized as Radeon RX 480
02:29:33:948   fbc   GPU #5: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
02:29:33:973   fbc   GPU #5 recognized as Radeon RX 480
02:29:33:978   fbc   POOL/SOLO version
02:29:33:981   fbc   b214
02:29:34:015   fbc   start building OpenCL program...

Any insight?
Activity: 33
Trying to run miner with RX480 on Athlon X2 Windsor (w/SSE3) @2.4GHz, 2GB DDR2, crashing on different versions few seconds after POOL VERSION displayed (waiting longer when trying first time after reboot). Used this platform to run on 280x, worked absolutely fine. Stable in LinX.

Is it possible to run the miner on this platform somehow? Miner does not produce any logs before to crash, maybe can I have a debug version with deeper logging?
More important data are:
I'm using EPoX MF4-J3/G and Aerocool KCAS-1000W PSU, single card without riser. Win7 x64. Previously used two 280x cards one with riser, worked fine. Same with 2GB RAM on ETH. Currently on crimson 16.8.2

Just checked 280x - works fine. Looks like it stopps on VGA detection, as after POOL/SOLO VERSION the next lines i are Total cards: 1, No nvidia cards detected. This is what i do not see with RX 480

By installing 4GB RAM the problem is solved. By the way, even 3x 280x runs fine on 2GB. Why a single RX 480 does not?..

Some chipsets tend to loose available ram if more pci-e resources are used. I remember this with intel 945G, more cards you add, less ram you get.
Activity: 173

More important data are:

donator
Miners developer
@Claymore
is it possible to implement GPU error rate messages like in hwinfo?  tool?

Miner has no any info about error, it just sees that GPU got incorrect result.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
@Claymore
is it possible to implement GPU error rate messages like in hwinfo?  tool?
Activity: 41

More important data are:

Activity: 185

2 Gb of ram is not enough anyway, strange it was working with 280x (eth also ?)
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

More important data are:
Jump to: