Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1095. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Trying to run miner with RX480 on Athlon X2 Windsor (w/SSE3) @2.4GHz, 2GB DDR2, crashing on different versions few seconds after POOL VERSION displayed (waiting longer when trying first time after reboot). Used this platform to run on 280x, worked absolutely fine. Stable in LinX.

Is it possible to run the miner on this platform somehow? Miner does not produce any logs before to crash, maybe can I have a debug version with deeper logging?
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I highly recommend Sapphire RX 470's 4GB edition. Mod the BIOS for 2100 RAM like the RX 480 and get the same hashrate out of the box for them, with less wattage. Currently have 2 of them with 51MH/s on headless mode. About 50.5 when running not headless as I am now to type this. It's dual BIOS so you can easily mod the BIOS without having to worry about bricking the cards as you can flip the switch for stability, and right before flash, flip them back to the other BIOS. Cheap, fairly quiet, and they stay cool, and perform well.
Which one ? The one with the blower fan ?
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Hi all,

Guys, what is your MSI afterburner (or other) configuration to get the best hashrate/power consumption on GTX 1070 ?

Thx in advance
Activity: 7
Which particular GPUs including make&model would represent the best investment for dual mining at this moment?  I'm currently debating between the MSI 390, 480 and 1070 but I would like to identify the few out of many cards which aren't plagued with various issues such as improper cooling on GPU/VRMs/VRAM.

I highly recommend Sapphire RX 470's 4GB edition. Mod the BIOS for 2100 RAM like the RX 480 and get the same hashrate out of the box for them, with less wattage. Currently have 2 of them with 51MH/s on headless mode. About 50.5 when running not headless as I am now to type this. It's dual BIOS so you can easily mod the BIOS without having to worry about bricking the cards as you can flip the switch for stability, and right before flash, flip them back to the other BIOS. Cheap, fairly quiet, and they stay cool, and perform well.
What is it power consumption?

It's about 135w in real world use. It's got a 120w TDP unlike the link below suggests, though bios modders add some ram speed which brings it up. It's profitable regardless, and will ROI faster than an RX 480. 4 RX 470 on a cryptocoin centered rig, aka celeron and any board, will run on a 600w PSU according to most calculators, which I believe to be true on my own measurements of my rig. The from the wall power is 373w with 2 cards and an overclocked CPU with monitors in standby, and other stuff plugged in. It's close to 310 with just the headless rig and ethernet.
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/sapphire/radeon-rx-470-ethereum-mining/

EDIT: I am undervolted and underclocked. Out of the box reports say 144w, which is still pretty amazing, and that's an aftermarket overclocked card. I'm on the sapphire cards with switch left (reference clocks) then underclocked, and undervolted core, and overclocked ram. Your results may very, and I do recommend toying with clocks and volts in windows, then customizing a bios to flash to lock it in if you are planning on using linux.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-470,4703-6.html
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Which particular GPUs including make&model would represent the best investment for dual mining at this moment?  I'm currently debating between the MSI 390, 480 and 1070 but I would like to identify the few out of many cards which aren't plagued with various issues such as improper cooling on GPU/VRMs/VRAM.

What is it power consumption?
Activity: 7
Which particular GPUs including make&model would represent the best investment for dual mining at this moment?  I'm currently debating between the MSI 390, 480 and 1070 but I would like to identify the few out of many cards which aren't plagued with various issues such as improper cooling on GPU/VRMs/VRAM.

Activity: 93
Merit: 11
Activity: 1
Reporting fans not adjusting with -tt (reboot set on -tstop) when updating from v6.2 to v7.2 ubuntu. 5x Asus R9 390 Strix 8GB on risers with Asrock BTC Pro.

Great job on -lidag option, although it doesnt really help me personally, my machine frequently reboots when miner suddenly stops (if too overclocked) , ie. with devfee.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

thanks for help sir

why my total hashrate is 17.0 Mh/s only at nanopool?
but my total hashrate is 45+

is there aything i am doing wrong?

I think the issue is Nanopool. It takes awhile for their stats to be accurate. Like 6-12 hours.  I think is what their FAQ says.  From https://eth.nanopool.org/faq

I have a stable hashrate in my miner console, but pool shows big fluctuations. Moreover, sometimes even drops to zero.
Pool shows you speed based on number of submitted shares. We have high share difficulty, so 8Mh miner should find around one share in 10 minutes on average. However, it can find more often or not find for some time. Please, wait for a longer period and check 6 hours average, or even 24 hours from API:
http://eth.nanopool.org/api/avghashrate/ADDRESS
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Would someone clear the situation on flashing RX480's BIOS. I've heard that it is possible to optimize them pretty well ...

check ethereum forum, for example https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9650/sapphire-rx-480-nitro-oc-8gb-11260-01-20g-modded-bios-29-mh-downvolt#latest
I will check it up , thank you mate...
Activity: 213
Thanks, mate.
I guess part of my RAM has failed for some reason. Now it shows I have only 2GB (should have been 4).
Will check it tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Hi all,

I just got strange error on my small rig of 7950:
OpenCL error - 4 - cannot create DAG on GPU

Any idea what is the problem?

Think you need more RAM. How much do you have? Have you setup 16GB pagefile?
Activity: 213
Hi all,

I just got strange error on my small rig of 7950:
OpenCL error - 4 - cannot create DAG on GPU

Any idea what is the problem?
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Would someone clear the situation on flashing RX480's BIOS. I've heard that it is possible to optimize them pretty well ...

check ethereum forum, for example https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9650/sapphire-rx-480-nitro-oc-8gb-11260-01-20g-modded-bios-29-mh-downvolt#latest
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
i need some more help i am newbie.
what is YOUR_WORKER? please reply ASAP

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL

YOUR_WORKER is just a name you define to make it easy to look at your stats.

Worker names are used for people that have more than one mining rig.  We name them so we can easily look at our stats and see if one rig is performing badly.

The name you use doesn't matter. Just make sure you don't use spaces or special characters in it.

For example.

worker1
worker2
worker3
laptop
gamingpc

etc.  These are typical names you use to define your different workers if you have multiple computers. If you only have one just use "worker1" for now.

thanks for help sir

Current hashrate, reported hashrate? Average hashrate?? Smiley

current 25.5 Mh/s
reported 48.2 Mh/s
average 2.5 Mh/s
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal YOUR_WALLET/YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL

Worker names are used for people that have more than one mining rig.  We name them so we can easily look at our stats and see if one rig is performing badly.

The name you use doesn't matter. Just make sure you don't use spaces or special characters in it.

For example.

worker1
worker2
worker3
laptop
gamingpc

etc.  These are typical names you use to define your different workers if you have multiple computers. If you only have one just use "worker1" for now.

thanks for help sir

Current hashrate, reported hashrate? Average hashrate?? Smiley
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
The 4mh Issue
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16464811

Iegion - You Are Da Man!  Problem Solved!

Connected to the Rig via Teamviewer, unplugged the monitor, rebooted........The Rig with all gpu's are running at 19.8mh each (I will now have to work on getting 19.8 up to 25-28mh). 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I would just use on board video rather than running video from the card. No need to run teamviewer really.

Sorry I didn't see your messages earlier or would have posted. I was gaming Wink
You can use a display emulator to help any issue with it not liking not having a monitor....
https://www.amazon.com/CompuLab-fit-Headless-Display-Emulator/dp/B00FLZXGJ6
$15
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

For example.

worker1
worker2
worker3
laptop
gamingpc

thanks for help sir

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

For example.

worker1
worker2
worker3
laptop
gamingpc

Jump to: