Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1097. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
BitcoreService.com
how to reduce the stale shares
73 (92%)   6 (8%)
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Anyone have any idea why it takes 40-80 seconds for claymore to begin generating DAG on my rx 480 rigs with windows 10 ? this delay happens on all of them. have the latest stable driver (not hotfix, which causes a bit lower performance).

Is my answer not enough? Or may be you missed it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16422035

yes i did miss it, thanks claymore. gpus are 6x rx480 8gb, 16.7.3 drivers, windows 10 anniversary, cheapeste celeron cpu. will wait for the next versions then. this only happens with the rx 480, no other older cards.
Activity: 38
Hey Claymore, there's a Zcash miners challenge. I just found out by mailing list. The prize is 10 grand for the best GPU and CPU miners, respectively. I think you should join this challenge, your miners are awesome. Here's the info: http://zcashminers.org/
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
BUG: w/ new DAG and claymore miner.

Up until recently ... the following has worked fine:

Mining EXP and SIA or DCR on my rig on 2 7970's

As of the latest DAG .... this now causes a crash when switching to devpool (subsequently having to change epoch to ETH's epoch), the DAG creation takes 2x longer than usual and at the end of it the machine reboots w/ bug check of a hung device thread status.
Ive repeated this across multiple sets of cards - so its not hardware related.

If you use same version and it started to generate DAG slowly - reboot PC, it's not miner issue, drivers or hardware failed. I have several rigs turned on right now and they work fine with latest 7.2 on Win10.
What version of the miner do you use? What pool do you use to mine EXP?

Using win7 x64, 15.12, have tried miner 5.3 and the latest 7.2 .... same issues. I dont understand how its a hardware problem. No cards on rig exhibit this problem when generating either EXP or ETH DAG on miner start, only while mining and switching to devfeepool has the problem shown up(going from EXP mining to devfeepool mining). Could it be size of larger new dag and exp dag cant coexist on a card? ( I dont know how the ongpu dag creation works - is the old DAG discarded prior to the GPUs generate a new one? ... if not then its easily a DAG size issue)

Completely different GPU's on this rig exhibit same problem ... I doubt all the GPU's are failing ..

I just tried to mine EXP, it mines it, after a few DAG switches it still works, no rejected/invalid shares. EXP has epoch #13 and ETH has epoch #79, so it takes in about 1.5 times longer to create DAG for ETH.
Try to specify "-allcoins -1" option, see readme for details. If it does not help, ask here if someone mines EXP and has same problems, this way we can confirm that the problem is not in your hardware.
PS. If you use dwarfpool (or any pool that accepts wallet address directly) you can avoid DAG re-creation at all, miner can mine EXP in devfee too. Though it seems "-allcoins exp" option was broken in v7.x, I fixed it and I can send you an update.

k previously I had -allcoins 1 .... trying -allcoins -1 now, seems it has started on devfee fine then switched to exp (my pool) and subsequently epoch... just fine as well ... will see what happens when next devfee pool switch comes along.
If this still fails, Ill have to get that -allcoins exp fix from ya.
Activity: 45
Do does exist an Ethman guide?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
i am only getting 48.76MS/S with 3 R9 280x vaporx cards

pls advice how to increase hash rate

In my opinion it would be better to sell those cards to some gamers and get a single rx480. You're getting 16,25Mh/s for each x280 with a power draw of 660W for all 3. This will be worse every day.
With a single rx480 and a proper bios you can get 30-32Mh/s with less than 150W, this is a -34,37% total hashrate (48,76 vs 32) BUT with a -77,27% less power draw, less hashrate decrease, greater resale value and warranty.

I sold my 7970 in july for 90€ with some other older cards (5850, etc.) to pay two rx480. Now those rx480 are amortized (ROI).

Also you can try to go for a dual rx470 and get a decent ROI for the second one.

EDIT: I pay close to 0,2€/kWh

You can mine Expanse, the DAG is smaller and there is similar profitability last I checked.  Depending on power costs you may want to sell and upgrade.  Probably still decent resell on them, and 470s are easy to get now ($200-240)

You missed something essential, reduction of hash rate, results to lowering the power consumption, 5 under-volt 280x now consumed lower than 900w....
Anyway, modded 470, 480 is better choice.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251

In my opinion it would be better to sell those cards to some gamers and get a single rx480. You're getting 16,25Mh/s for each x280 with a power draw of 660W for all 3. This will be worse every day.
With a single rx480 and a proper bios you can get 30-32Mh/s with less than 150W, this is a -34,37% total hashrate (48,76 vs 32) BUT with a -77,27% less power draw, less hashrate decrease, greater resale value and warranty.

I sold my 7970 in july for 90€ with some other older cards (5850, etc.) to pay two rx480. Now those rx480 are amortized (ROI).

Also you can try to go for a dual rx470 and get a decent ROI for the second one.

You can mine Expanse, the DAG is smaller and there is similar profitability last I checked.  Depending on power costs you may want to sell and upgrade.  Probably still decent resell on them, and 470s are easy to get now ($200-240)
Activity: 33

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Wrote a quick tutorial on how to use Claymore's Dual Miner Manager to send emails and texts:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-get-sms-and-email-alerts-with-claymores-miners-1636133

I use the Android apps to achieve the same results but the blat method is cool if you are using non-smart phone.

I am looking for quick tutorial on how to use CDM on Ubuntu 16.04... anyone?
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

These are normal values, 280x will keep hashing slower and slower.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Activity: 10
Wrote a quick tutorial on how to use Claymore's Dual Miner Manager to send emails and texts:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-get-sms-and-email-alerts-with-claymores-miners-1636133
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Anyone have any idea why it takes 40-80 seconds for claymore to begin generating DAG on my rx 480 rigs with windows 10 ? this delay happens on all of them. have the latest stable driver (not hotfix, which causes a bit lower performance).

Is my answer not enough? Or may be you missed it:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16422035
Activity: 29
I have finally managed to make my miner actually mine, apparently it was a driver problem+risers problem.

Now I have disabled 2 cards with bad risers, while I wait for the new ones to come, and I have installed the minimal version of the crimson 16.7.3, which looks like working pretty well on Win10.

So thanks to anyone that previously helped.

I am now doing some tests for solo mining on different, and since about 5 hours I am mining on nanopool, but I can not see any stats update on their website, is that normal?

Claymore 7.1 looks like is running smooth and finding a decent amount of shares, but I can not see anything on the nanopool website.

The only doubt that I have is that I am using an old address, but that was generated from the same wallet anyway, can that be the problem?

You should see stats on nanopool within ~5-15 minutes.  If not, you are checking the wrong address.  Copy address from start.bat on miner, and check on nanopool.  If miner is consistently generating shares, it is mining at a pool, so address probably wrong.

Is very strange, as I have only paste and copied the address that was already working on another pool before.

Now I have stopped and restarted it with a new address generated from the same wallet and after 15 mins and several shares generated it even says that it can not found the account (with the old address it did found the account, but it didn't update the stats)

Make sure you are mining, and checking the ETH (not ETC) pool? I don't know what else it would be.  There is a delay with it showing initially, but not THAT long.

Is finally showing something, I have changed the pool address in the batch file from :

-epool eu1.nanopool.org:9999 to -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999

So I have added "eth" before the pool address. That means the previous (pool) address was wrong and was therfore not mining even if the miner was generating shares?
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
I have finally managed to make my miner actually mine, apparently it was a driver problem+risers problem.

Now I have disabled 2 cards with bad risers, while I wait for the new ones to come, and I have installed the minimal version of the crimson 16.7.3, which looks like working pretty well on Win10.

I am now doing some tests for solo mining on different, and since about 5 hours I am mining on nanopool, but I can not see any stats update on their website, is that normal?

Claymore 7.1 looks like is running smooth and finding a decent amount of shares, but I can not see anything on the nanopool website.

The only doubt that I have is that I am using an old address, but that was generated from the same wallet anyway, can that be the problem?

You should see stats on nanopool within ~5-15 minutes.  If not, you are checking the wrong address.  Copy address from start.bat on miner, and check on nanopool.  If miner is consistently generating shares, it is mining at a pool, so address probably wrong.

Is very strange, as I have only paste and copied the address that was already working on another pool before.

Now I have stopped and restarted it with a new address generated from the same wallet and after 15 mins and several shares generated it even says that it can not found the account (with the old address it did found the account, but it didn't update the stats)

Make sure you are mining, and checking the ETH (not ETC) pool? I don't know what else it would be.  There is a delay with it showing initially, but not THAT long.

loosen your riser cards as they may be grounding out on the rails.  I have used 300+ risers and have had maybe 3-4 bad ones.  Normally its a grounding issue.  Swap them with known working ones on your system and they will prob work.

I have tried to swap them but nothing changed, I am waiting for new risers in a couple of days and let's what happen...thanks though

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
@Claymore, what is the highest possible value for -ethi?

Anyone using values higher than 8? Any real improvement?

I've been mining with -ethi 16 and my rigs are very stable.

However, if I use -ethi 8 my ETH hashrate stays pretty much the same and my power consumption slightly decreases.

Anyone care to share experiences with the -ethi values?

PS: Running 480s  Grin

I think default is 8 or 9 and yeah it drops power with little to no effect on hash.  I just erased the -ethi line on my 17 miners once i noticed that and have been running that way for months.

Yep, I've just done the same  Wink
Activity: 847
Merit: 383

loosen your riser cards as they may be grounding out on the rails.  I have used 300+ risers and have had maybe 3-4 bad ones.  Normally its a grounding issue.  Swap them with known working ones on your system and they will prob work.
Jump to: