Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1098. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 847
Merit: 383
@Claymore, what is the highest possible value for -ethi?

Anyone using values higher than 8? Any real improvement?

I've been mining with -ethi 16 and my rigs are very stable.

However, if I use -ethi 8 my ETH hashrate stays pretty much the same and my power consumption slightly decreases.

Anyone care to share experiences with the -ethi values?

PS: Running 480s  Grin

I think default is 8 or 9 and yeah it drops power with little to no effect on hash.  I just erased the -ethi line on my 17 miners once i noticed that and have been running that way for months.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hello,

I have a problem when I overclock my six 480´s Sapphire 8Gb. I have 2 .bat´s, one with OC and another one with no OC. When I want to OC the cards I have to do this sequence:

- If I open the OC .bat, the cards run in the standard hashrate (25Mh/s) . I have to copy it to the "start folder" and reboot Windows 10.
- When Windows starts, it automatically runs the OC.bat but I get the standard hashrate again. I checked the file that was running was "OC.bat" in the top of the window.
- I have to copy the no OC.bat to the start folder and reboot Windows 10 and...voilá, I get the 27Mh/s.

If I have any problem and the Rig reboots it gets the standard hashrate again Sad

I have checked the config.txt and it´s empty and I´m using the v7.1. Any idea of what´s happening?

Thanks

EthDcrMiner64.exe -tt 65 -r 1 -mode 1 -cclock 1220,1220,1220,1220,1220,1220 -cvddc 920,920,920,920,920,920 -mclock 2250,2250,2250,2250,2250,2250 -mport 3856 -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal 0xxxxxxxxxx...

Add a pause at the beginning of your bat file, seems like wattman is loading after the miner and then overriding your overclock

Someting like
Code:
choice /m "Please wait" /d N /T 10 /C N
to wait 10 seconds (change the /T value to change the delay)

Thank you but it didn´t work Undecided

I´ll try to reinstall Windows in a few weeks. Thank´s claymore, my Rigs are now more stable with the new option -lidag.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
I have finally managed to make my miner actually mine, apparently it was a driver problem+risers problem.

Now I have disabled 2 cards with bad risers, while I wait for the new ones to come, and I have installed the minimal version of the crimson 16.7.3, which looks like working pretty well on Win10.

So thanks to anyone that previously helped.

I am now doing some tests for solo mining on different, and since about 5 hours I am mining on nanopool, but I can not see any stats update on their website, is that normal?

Claymore 7.1 looks like is running smooth and finding a decent amount of shares, but I can not see anything on the nanopool website.

The only doubt that I have is that I am using an old address, but that was generated from the same wallet anyway, can that be the problem?

You should see stats on nanopool within ~5-15 minutes.  If not, you are checking the wrong address.  Copy address from start.bat on miner, and check on nanopool.  If miner is consistently generating shares, it is mining at a pool, so address probably wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Which levels the recent scores with 480/70 are , compared to the older generations ?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
@Claymore, what is the highest possible value for -ethi?

Anyone using values higher than 8? Any real improvement?

I've been mining with -ethi 16 and my rigs are very stable.

However, if I use -ethi 8 my ETH hashrate stays pretty much the same and my power consumption slightly decreases.

Anyone care to share experiences with the -ethi values?

PS: Running 480s  Grin
Activity: 45
I have finally managed to make my miner actually mine, apparently it was a driver problem+risers problem.

Now I have disabled 2 cards with bad risers, while I wait for the new ones to come, and I have installed the minimal version of the crimson 16.7.3, which looks like working pretty well on Win10.

So thanks to anyone that previously helped.

I am now doing some tests for solo mining on different, and since about 5 hours I am mining on nanopool, but I can not see any stats update on their website, is that normal?

Claymore 7.1 looks like is running smooth and finding a decent amount of shares, but I can not see anything on the nanopool website.

The only doubt that I have is that I am using an old address, but that was generated from the same wallet anyway, can that be the problem?

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
BUG: w/ new DAG and claymore miner.

Up until recently ... the following has worked fine:

Mining EXP and SIA or DCR on my rig on 2 7970's

As of the latest DAG .... this now causes a crash when switching to devpool (subsequently having to change epoch to ETH's epoch), the DAG creation takes 2x longer than usual and at the end of it the machine reboots w/ bug check of a hung device thread status.
Ive repeated this across multiple sets of cards - so its not hardware related.

If you use same version and it started to generate DAG slowly - reboot PC, it's not miner issue, drivers or hardware failed. I have several rigs turned on right now and they work fine with latest 7.2 on Win10.
What version of the miner do you use? What pool do you use to mine EXP?

Using win7 x64, 15.12, have tried miner 5.3 and the latest 7.2 .... same issues. I dont understand how its a hardware problem. No cards on rig exhibit this problem when generating either EXP or ETH DAG on miner start, only while mining and switching to devfeepool has the problem shown up(going from EXP mining to devfeepool mining). Could it be size of larger new dag and exp dag cant coexist on a card? ( I dont know how the ongpu dag creation works - is the old DAG discarded prior to the GPUs generate a new one? ... if not then its easily a DAG size issue)

Completely different GPU's on this rig exhibit same problem ... I doubt all the GPU's are failing ..

I just tried to mine EXP, it mines it, after a few DAG switches it still works, no rejected/invalid shares. EXP has epoch #13 and ETH has epoch #79, so it takes in about 1.5 times longer to create DAG for ETH.
Try to specify "-allcoins -1" option, see readme for details. If it does not help, ask here if someone mines EXP and has same problems, this way we can confirm that the problem is not in your hardware.
PS. If you use dwarfpool (or any pool that accepts wallet address directly) you can avoid DAG re-creation at all, miner can mine EXP in devfee too. Though it seems "-allcoins exp" option was broken in v7.x, I fixed it and I can send you an update.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
I have a question about the new version 7.2 and LBRY dual mining. Before I was using an older version of Claymore's Dual miner and mined ETH + DCR with my RX 480 and was running 27.3 MH/s on Ethereum, but after I updated to the v7.2 and started to mine Ethereum + LBRY I only get about 24.4 MH/s on Ethereum mining on the same settings, is this normal when mining LBRY instead of DCR?
Library slows down Eth somewhat.  It is a harder algorithm to dual mine.  DCR and SIA don't slow down Eth (with proper dcri), but LBRY does.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

As of the latest DAG .... this now causes a crash when switching to devpool (subsequently having to change epoch to ETH's epoch), the DAG creation takes 2x longer than usual and at the end of it the machine reboots w/ bug check of a hung device thread status.

If you use same version and it started to generate DAG slowly - reboot PC, it's not miner issue, drivers or hardware failed. I have several rigs turned on right now and they work fine with latest 7.2 on Win10.

Using win7 x64, 15.12, have tried miner 5.3 and the latest 7.2 .... same issues. I dont understand how its a hardware problem. No cards on rig exhibit this problem when generating either EXP or ETH DAG on miner start, only while mining and switching to devfeepool has the problem shown up(going from EXP mining to devfeepool mining). Could it be size of larger new dag and exp dag cant coexist on a card? ( I dont know how the ongpu dag creation works - is the old DAG discarded prior to the GPUs generate a new one? ... if not then its easily a DAG size issue)

Completely different GPU's on this rig exhibit same problem ... I doubt all the GPU's are failing ..
Activity: 34
I have a question about the new version 7.2 and LBRY dual mining. Before I was using an older version of Claymore's Dual miner and mined ETH + DCR with my RX 480 and was running 27.3 MH/s on Ethereum, but after I updated to the v7.2 and started to mine Ethereum + LBRY I only get about 24.4 MH/s on Ethereum mining on the same settings, is this normal when mining LBRY instead of DCR?
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
@dexxa05 115 watt +900 mem 32+ mh with GTX 1070

Thx ! I'm thinking it will be lower power consumption with 1070 but it's not.

Smiley
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
@dexxa05 115 watt +900 mem 32+ mh with GTX 1070
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Guys,

What is your hashrate with 1070 and your power consumption ?

Thx in advance
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
What about GTX 1080 and 20 Mh\s on ETH ? What issue cause this weak hashrate ? Or it's ok for GTX 1080?
gddr5x suxxx - big latency
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

Activity: 460
Merit: 500
iv seen that the "-tt" option does not work in ubuntu 16 whit the RX400 cards, also pwmcontrol it dosent has anyoane find a solution for increasing fan% on 85-90% ?
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
It has as mine eth in a portfolio and sia in another possible?

eth would minergate
and that Asia portfolio which I use?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
What about GTX 1080 and 20 Mh\s on ETH ? What issue cause this weak hashrate ? Or it's ok for GTX 1080?
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Stupid question:

Are there separate downloads for Claymore miner for Win 7 vs Win 10? From what I can see on the google doc area its just "Windows" so I am assuming its the same? Huh

Same thing, only use diferents version of cuda, if you are mining with nvidia
Jump to: