Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1099. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Stupid question:

Are there separate downloads for Claymore miner for Win 7 vs Win 10? From what I can see on the google doc area its just "Windows" so I am assuming its the same? Huh

It's the same  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Stupid question:

Are there separate downloads for Claymore miner for Win 7 vs Win 10? From what I can see on the google doc area its just "Windows" so I am assuming its the same? Huh
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
dont know what to say.. here is screen with my config... 270 w from wall atm ... same hasrates of 3 heavily overclocked cards but instead they have heavy downclock.....

As I said before, I don't overclock cards, I always use stock clocks. From your screenshots I see that single card shows 103MH/s LBC and 17MH/s ETH (to get average hashrate I added all hashrate lines and divided them by the number of lines). In my miner on stock single 1070 I can get 17MH/s ETH on "-dcri 220", it shows 83MH/s LBC. But you changed clocks for your cards, so these results cannot be compared to your results. You should start my miner and use "+" and "-" keys to get 17MH/s ETH per card, then see LBC hashrate.
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
-U --cuda-extragpu-mem 4096 --cuda-streams 1 --cuda-block-size 64 --cuda-grid-size 4096
for genoil
for ccminer i use 1.8.2 with -i 23 no special parameter (but also not specifing intensity is giving me same results)

With these options, at stock clocks I get about 195MH/s LBC and 6.7MH/s ETH (ETH-only shows 25MH/s, LBC-only shows 278MH/s). It's difficult to see exact hashrates since both LBC and ETH miners show various numbers all the time in this mode. Sometimes Genoil shows 12MH/s, a couple of times I even saw 15MH/s, but average hashrate is 6.5...7MH/s. LBC miner shows more stable numbers, 180-210MH/s, average is 195MH/s.
With my miner at "-dcri 500" I get 147MH/s LBC and 13.7MH/s ETH.
So right now I don't see that Genoil+ccminer faster/better. However, I agree that LBC is not very good coin for dual mode anyway, it takes too much resources so ETH speed suffers.

dont know what to say.. here is screen with my config... 270 w from wall atm ... same hasrates of 3 heavily overclocked cards but instead they have heavy downclock.....

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Why they blocked claymore account?
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Claymore, how about adding a mirror with direct http links with easy to remember file names ? (for easy downloading with wget on linux)

Could he just make a bit.ly link to the latest linux version?

Then keep that one link updated?

How can I make this link for a file on google drive or mega?

I know on Google drive you select the file, right click and select "share" from the options.  One of the options will give you a link that you can share with others. I would guess that link might work with bit.ly.

I'm not sure if that will work with bit.ly or not. It's worth trying.

If you setup a bit.ly account you can have permanent links for free. like bit.ly/claymore-win64  bit.ly/claymore-linux or whatever.
donator
Miners developer
Claymore, how about adding a mirror with direct http links with easy to remember file names ? (for easy downloading with wget on linux)

How can I make this link for a file on google drive or mega?
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.

- systems with up to 32 GPUs are supported now (with some minor limitations).

Thanks BRO
it remains to solve the problem with the drivers...

I am lost to how it is possible to use more than 8 GPUs. I had 6 x 7990 in one system but never could get more than 8 of the 12 GPU's going. So this is purely an AMD driver limit not PCIe limited?

Win7 has issues running more than 4 cards. I don't know if dual cards makes a difference.  Win10 should work, or Linux.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Thanks BRO

I am lost to how it is possible to use more than 8 GPUs. I had 6 x 7990 in one system but never could get more than 8 of the 12 GPU's going. So this is purely an AMD driver limit not PCIe limited?

he is using a multi GPU daughter board under Linux so you can have an array of GPUs - usually meant for deep learning projects.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
at the moment  claymore you should improve the code for libry coin... im speaking as nvidia user... not profitable to use your miner....

genoil + ccminer running at same time on windows  will produce approximately 13% more than your miner  and for free

3 x 1070 gtx @ 70 % power  will produce 36 mhas eth and 610 lbry coin ... and no fee involved (except the pool fee dwarf pool... suprnova has no fee if i remember.) 365 w from the wall ( approximaterly 330 w REAL considering psu efficency. 100w /gpu considering 30w for system)

24h tested stable

alternatively we can give more priority to eth  and produce with same settings  67 Eth and  270 lbry
how do you run both miners? any config involved?
donator
Miners developer
-logfile 0 do not working at 7.1

Where did you find "-logfile 0" option value? It must be filename, not "0" or "1" (or do you want to name file as "0"?). From readme:

-logfile debug log file name. After restart, miner will append new log data to the same file. If you want to clear old log data, file name must contain "noappend" string.
   If missed, default file name will be used.

If you want to disable logging, use "-dbg -1".

It really doesn't work:

UNKNOWN OPTION -logfile
UNKNOWN OPTION Claymorelog

Damn! You are correct! Though "-logfile 0" is a strange choice so I did not check it, it really does not work. Though alevlaslo could explain it in details, like you did Smiley
Weird bug. Fixed, I uploaded "7.2 Beta" again (for Windows only for now), re-download it if you need "-logfile" option.
Activity: 5
-logfile 0 do not working at 7.1

Where did you find "-logfile 0" option value? It must be filename, not "0" or "1" (or do you want to name file as "0"?). From readme:

-logfile debug log file name. After restart, miner will append new log data to the same file. If you want to clear old log data, file name must contain "noappend" string.
   If missed, default file name will be used.

If you want to disable logging, use "-dbg -1".

It really doesn't work:

UNKNOWN OPTION -logfile
UNKNOWN OPTION Claymorelog

http://i.piccy.info/i9/791698ae404de3870d1490180e3ce7ef/1475504037/126104/1075941/logfile_800.jpg
donator
Miners developer
Hellow, Claymore!
I have one more suggestion for your miner.
Please add option  
-fanmin  -- minimum fan speed, used with -tt and -fanmax

Such situation. I use the option -tt 65. And while the card cool and the temperature reached 65 degrees fans do not rotate. However WRM not blown because all this time the fan is stopped, and therefore is strongly heated in these moments.
Good idea.. sometimes I have about 75degrees by tt 80 and fan at 25%
It could be cooler if fan is faster Smiley

Ok, I'll add it in next update.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Hellow, Claymore!
Please add option  

Such situation. I use the option -tt 65. And while the card cool and the temperature reached 65 degrees fans do not rotate. However WRM not blown because all this time the fan is stopped, and therefore is strongly heated in these moments.
Good idea.. sometimes I have about 75degrees by tt 80 and fan at 25%
It could be cooler if fan is faster Smiley
Activity: 2
hi everyone! i'm new here!

i have a question that is how can i set dual miner : f2pool(for eth)+ siacoin Huh

thx for ur awesome dual miner!!!
donator
Miners developer
-U --cuda-extragpu-mem 4096 --cuda-streams 1 --cuda-block-size 64 --cuda-grid-size 4096
for genoil
for ccminer i use 1.8.2 with -i 23 no special parameter (but also not specifing intensity is giving me same results)

With these options, at stock clocks I get about 195MH/s LBC and 6.7MH/s ETH (ETH-only shows 25MH/s, LBC-only shows 278MH/s). It's difficult to see exact hashrates since both LBC and ETH miners show various numbers all the time in this mode. Sometimes Genoil shows 12MH/s, a couple of times I even saw 15MH/s, but average hashrate is 6.5...7MH/s. LBC miner shows more stable numbers, 180-210MH/s, average is 195MH/s.
With my miner at "-dcri 500" I get 147MH/s LBC and 13.7MH/s ETH.
So right now I don't see that Genoil+ccminer faster/better. However, I agree that LBC is not very good coin for dual mode anyway, it takes too much resources so ETH speed suffers.
Activity: 512
Merit: 260

Thanks BRO

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Claymore, is there any workaround for gtx 1080 (372.90 / win 10) and not getting 5 Mhs ?

Yes, Windows 10 Anniversary + latest drivers wddm 2.1.

After update on genoil 20 mh\s, your miner don't run and says that Opencl.dll is not found (Why Opencl for Nvidia Huh). I have updated to 1607 Win 10 (Anniversary) and didn't touch the drivers.

Don't forget that the miner supports both OpenCL and CUDA, linking is static so opencl.dll is required.
It's another bug of Win10 when it eats that dll, if you search for "opencl.dll" in this thread you'll find similar posts like yours, for example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.msg16262905;topicseen#msg16262905

Thanks, i did it a lot easier. Just put Opencl.dll from Genoil miner to folder of your miner and it works. Same 20 mh\s.  

So the question #2 how to improve the hashrate? I know there is problem with GTX 1080, but maybe you can give any advice.
Activity: 73
Hellow, Claymore!
Please add option  

Jump to: