Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1282. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 544
Merit: 250
do you hava a Saphire card?

No, my card is GIGABYTE Radeon R9 380 4gb, but sapphire trixx tool works for it. I see the confirmed changes in GPU-Z.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
do you hava a Saphire card?
@Claymore can you explain this?
I have a radeon 380 4gb on a windows 7 x64 running 15.12 drivers and running CDM 4.5 that is undervolted -100mv, core clock at 840, memory clock at 1125, and power limit -20% for days using sapphire trixx. And it hashes at a stable 19~ MH/s constantly and never above 20 MH/s.
I then decided to change the memory clock recently to 1500 just to see if it makes any difference on trixx and pressed apply, and let it run for couple of minutes, but the hash rate barely changed or any change at all. So i changed the memory clock back down to 1125 and press apply, and now the hashrate is hashing at a stable 20~ MH/s.
I am clueless of why setting the memory clock from 1125 to 1500 and then back down to 1125 would increase the reported hashrate in CDM. Any thoughts?

I have no ideas, sorry.

No worries, thought I ask since I can reproduce this result everytime, so now I have to go through this exact pattern everytime I run CDM to get that extra 1 MH/s.

Can someone run the same settings to see if they get the same outcome? Wonder if it's CDM related.

First, let it run with undervolted -100mv, core clock at 840, memory clock at 1125, and power limit -20%. then once you see the reported hashrate, changed the memory clock to 1500 and apply, then after you see the reported hashrate again, changed the memory clock back down to 1125 and press apply. That's when I then see the increased 1 MH/s everytime.

Edit: @restless I am using sapphire trixx
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

I have a radeon 380 4gb on a windows 7 x64 running 15.12 drivers and running CDM 4.5 that is undervolted -100mv, core clock at 840, memory clock at 1125, and power limit -20% for days using sapphire trixx. And it hashes at a stable 19~ MH/s constantly and never above 20 MH/s.

I then decided to change the memory clock recently to 1500 just to see if it makes any difference on trixx and pressed apply, and let it run for couple of minutes, but the hash rate barely changed or any change at all. So i changed the memory clock back down to 1125 and press apply, and now the hashrate is hashing at a stable 20~ MH/s.

I am clueless of why setting the memory clock from 1125 to 1500 and then back down to 1125 would increase the reported hashrate in CDM. Any thoughts?

What program are you using to change clocks?
What program do you use to verify at what clock is the GPU/mem running?
I'd suggest Hwinfo or GPU-Z to verify actual speed&memory speed
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

I have no ideas, sorry.

I meant older* I corrected, sorry

meanwhile I decided to try GenthOS.. now I am installing
legendary
Activity: 1148
things you own end up owning you
I think using ubuntu  later than 14.04 is not good idea..  But I see using newest (like mine 15.10)  too...
But  I hope maybe  someone help us and make tutorial how  to run CDM on  latest ubuntu  server, 15.10 I guess or lubuntu maybe ( newer doesn't support  fglrx) with temperature check  and fan control or turning miner on startup..

The new Ubuntu (16.04 LTS) support everything you mentioned above, the problem is in drivers and not the OS it self, you should wait a bit for new drivers, meanwhile you can use 14.04 LTS.
legendary

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have done the following:
1) Made a script: /etc/init/miner.conf with content
https://i.imgur.com/KZ5EyT7.png
2) Restarted the pc

But then after booting, & auto-login to desktop, the script did not run. Expecting a terminal window to appear just like when I run it manually by typing ./start.bash at terminal.

I am not sure how or when to use the "sudo service your_process..." command

Need your further guidance, please.

Nothing will appear on the screen, the miner will run in the background, you can check it by looking at the logs, you can check the miner live by doing:

Code:
tail -f /the /path/to claymore log

However I would disable claymore logging and add the console logging,  in your case the logs should be then located in:
Code:
/var/log/upstart/miner.log

and you can also perform
Code:
sudo tail -f /var/log/upstart/miner.log
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hi, for linux experts, please advice how to autostart "start.bash" script upon reboot or power on of pc.

Due to heat build up I have scheduled my pc to turn off at certain time, & turn on using wake-on-lan. I am using ubuntu 12.04 desktop, with gnome-schedule app.

I tried using the following command, but did not work:

/home/carl/Downloads/cdm/start.bash

https://i.imgur.com/O2Lh7Ri.png

In Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and later you can use upstart scripts to start processes/programs as daemons automatically. Start by creating a script in /etc/init/YOUR_SCRIPT.conf

For a Claymore miner, your scrypt should look like this:

Code:

description "Claymore Miner"

start on filesystem and static-network-up
stop on runlevel [016]
respawn
respawn limit 5 30
console log
nice 15
setuid YOUR_USER_NAME
setgid YOUR_USER_NAME

kill signal INT

script

echo "Starting Claymore Miner"
    cd /home/YOUR_USER_NAME/Path_to_your_miner
    ./EthDcrMiner64 YOUR_EXTRA_SETTINGS

end script

you can use the command
Code:
sudo service your_process start/stop/restart

Edit: since Claymore use logging by default you can give up the console logging.

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have done the following:
1) Made a script: /etc/init/miner.conf with content
https://i.imgur.com/KZ5EyT7.png
2) Restarted the pc

But then after booting, & auto-login to desktop, the script did not run. Expecting a terminal window to appear just like when I run it manually by typing ./start.bash at terminal.

I am not sure how or when to use the "sudo service your_process..." command

Need your further guidance, please.
I think using ubuntu  older than 14.04 is not good idea..  But I see using newest (like mine 15.10)  too...
But  I hope maybe  someone help us and make tutorial how  to run CDM on  latest ubuntu  server, 15.10 I guess or lubuntu maybe ( newer doesn't support  fglrx) with temperature check  and fan control or turning miner on startup..
legendary
Hi, for linux experts, please advice how to autostart "start.bash" script upon reboot or power on of pc.

Due to heat build up I have scheduled my pc to turn off at certain time, & turn on using wake-on-lan. I am using ubuntu 12.04 desktop, with gnome-schedule app.

In Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and later you can use upstart scripts to start processes/programs as daemons automatically. Start by creating a script in /etc/init/YOUR_SCRIPT.conf

For a Claymore miner, your scrypt should look like this:

Code:

description "Claymore Miner"

start on filesystem and static-network-up
stop on runlevel [016]
respawn
respawn limit 5 30
console log
nice 15
setuid YOUR_USER_NAME
setgid YOUR_USER_NAME

kill signal INT

script

echo "Starting Claymore Miner"
    cd /home/YOUR_USER_NAME/Path_to_your_miner
    ./EthDcrMiner64 YOUR_EXTRA_SETTINGS

end script

you can use the command
Code:
sudo service your_process start/stop/restart

Edit: since Claymore use logging by default you can give up the console logging.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

https://i.imgur.com/O2Lh7Ri.png
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Vertcoin stealthy master race.
First off, I just want to thank you for this release. It is THE only thing I could get working. I don't know if it was a quirk with windows, etc. I could get qtminer running with CPU, but GPU mining would not start up. This did.

The only problem I'm having is a lower than expected hashrate. I have two R9 270's, which should be getting me well over 30 MH/s, but I'm under 24MH/s. But then again, that's according to this site, so I can't really verify those numbers... https://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/

But honestly, the fact that I got this running at all, after many technical difficulties, is awesome. So thanks!

The only other thing I'll probably end up trying is installing Linux on a small SSD I have coming, and try to see if the lower hashrate etc is an issue with my... TOTALLY "legit" version of Windows 7, which I have neglected to "update", and because of that I seemingly can't use the newest AMD drivers properly (they crash)... So I had to roll back to this release from late 2014 and it seems to function at least. Heh. Maybe someone has some advice?

Anyway, thanks again Claymore. 
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Switching to coinotron fixed my low payout issues, now getting 90+% of calculator, bottom line if ur having lower than expect returns on dwarf pool then try another pool.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
for the people having sync issues out here, specially for solo mining...this one fixed my syncing issue.

Geth 1.4.6 "EDGE" aims to solve the synchronization issues resulting from this newly found heterogeneity: it introduces a lot more download concurrency to avoid bottlenecks caused by badly connected remote machines, and also introduces adaptive quality-of-service tuning to make peer selection less aggressive for users with more restricted connectivity.

The result is a newly polished sync mechanism that can churn out a 7-8MB/s download speed in the current Ethereum main network (if your connectivity allows it), but also provide a solid and stable stream for all users, verified for as low as EDGE connections (440ms latency, 200 kbps upstream, 220kbps downstream).

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases/tag/v1.4.6

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4mtnz3/geth_146_edge_making_sync_great_again/

Smiley Smiley

well.. i'm gonna try solo mining now  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
can anyone provide instructions link for beginner to mining?

try the beginning of this thread  Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
can anyone provide instructions link for beginner to mining?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I repair my issue with the screen attach (I didn't know that I should include command in bash file)

but still don't know what to do with temperature?

AMD APP SDK v2.9.1 installed...

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience in Linux. Miner uses ADL API to access temperature info, if it does not work it means that ADL does not work properly on your system. But I don't know why, it works in my tests on Ubuntu 12.04.
I repair my issue with the screen attach (I didn't know that I should include command in bash file)

but still don't know what to do with temperature?

AMD APP SDK v2.9.1 installed...
Jump to: