Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1325. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Is this the best miner for mining ether only? Im not concerned in mining DCR. I have been using this for the last few days on ethpool but i just wanted to make sure this is the best option for single coin miner.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
asia1.ethpool.org is now down, and I see the failover in action.

I set the failovers as follows:

POOL: us1.ethpool.org.......
POOL: asia1.ethpool.org.......
POOL: us2.ethpool.org.......
POOL: eu1.ethpool.org.......

And... DCR is at zpool and yiimp (failover)

After 20 seconds... it retries main eth pool
After 2 attempts.... failover kicks in and connects to us1.ethpool.org successfully.
At this stage, DCR is connected to zpool still and is authorised but sending "Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 secs)
This will go on further with ETH still good at us1 node, DCR mining does not failover though, because it can connect with zpool and get authorization.
Right after authorization, error msg "Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 secs".
At this point, ETH mining is business as usual in the failover pool.

Claymore, any advise?

Running zpool DCR stand-alone is OK without issues.

POSTNOTES: After about 30 minutes, DCR mining is now ok. But ETH mining is still going strong at first failover node. It looks like DCR mining at zpool -- self-corrected its job submission timing, perhaps...
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Which are the best pools btw? both ETH and DCR? who gives better income?
Activity: 25
4.2b2 Working like this (Mining Hub/Sprnova):

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com:20536 -ewal

wallet -epsw x -eworker

rig.worker -ethi 9 -dpool http://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111 -dwal

rig.worker -dpsw x -allpools 1

I had to change from -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252

Which means stratum with DCR no longer works for that pool... I changed to stratum before because of the number of rejects.... Do you know what happened to the pool? my batch wont work for the 4.1 either so its not the miner.....
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Thanks for the explanation, but actually on yiimp.ccminer.org auto exchange is disabled on the pool level. So no any exchange should take place.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

I talked about "Exchange" stage. It is obvious when I mine DCR and get paid in BTC. But when both currencies are the same (DCR), what is Exchange stage for?

There is still DCR that is being exchanged for BTC that is from the same block even though you are getting paid in DCR. So once all the DCR linked to your shares/block has finished all it's processes, it gets cleared into BTC for BTC miners and DCR (That didn't actually go anywhere) is cleared for DCR miners.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I have 1x 380x and 2x 370

mining Dwarf

with this settings

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-ru.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal 0xA0F5578094e713c58B901eC43FB58bbbD7A63372 -epsw x -eworker dw1

Got

52.3 M/hs

What can i do to improve that result?

Maybe some settings?
Activity: 871
Merit: 1000
FAILOVER

Use "epools.txt" and "dpools.txt" files to specify additional pools. These files have text format, one pool per line. Every pool has 3 connection attempts.
If the first character of a line is ";" or "#", this line will be ignored.
Pool specified in the command line is "main" pool, miner will try to return to it every 30 minutes if it has to use some different pool from the list.
If no pool was specified in the command line then first pool in the pools list is main pool.
Hi,
Is it possible to change this 30 minutes for Failover?

I will add an appropriate option in next update, it will allow you to change this time or cancel main pool at all.
Great news!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
FAILOVER

Use "epools.txt" and "dpools.txt" files to specify additional pools. These files have text format, one pool per line. Every pool has 3 connection attempts.
Pool specified in the command line is "main" pool, miner will try to return to it every 30 minutes if it has to use some different pool from the list.
If no pool was specified in the command line then first pool in the pools list is main pool.
Hi,

I will add an appropriate option in next update, it will allow you to change this time or cancel main pool at all.
donator
Miners developer
Why DCR hashing fail, if ETH-Pool is down?

Because it is senseless not to mine Ethereum if you use this miner. This is Ethereum miner and plus Decred optionally, not vice versa. Just use failover to change eth pool.
Why DCR hashing fail, if ETH-Pool is down?
Activity: 642
Merit: 292
please add a hotkey to switch pool completely, incl. a second epool list for this second pool.
Would be helpful if one pool fails completely, as right now #*&$§@ Dwarfpool.  Roll Eyes
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
The only question I have is why the pool software performs slow "Exchange" stage for DCR mining/DCR payment...
Decred block time is slow (average 5-15mn) and need 256 confirmations - payouts usually next day, in my testing of zpool and yiimp. Both are in my primary and failover DCR file in CDM42.

Correct answer to another question :-)

Found DCR blocks go through few stages:
- Immature (lasts up to 24 hours): network confirmations
- Exchange (lasts 1-3 hours): exchange DCR to BTC (say, on ZPool)
- Clearead (instant): earnings transferred to the balance.

You meant the "Immature" stage that is slow.
I talked about "Exchange" stage. It is obvious when I mine DCR and get paid in BTC. But when both currencies are the same (DCR), what is Exchange stage for?

LOL... need to ask crackfoo - zpool OP to answer this.... I will ping him... I don't know why it takes long to exchange.... I only know the BTC is in my wallet the next day  Grin
FAILOVER

Hi,
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
The only question I have is why the pool software performs slow "Exchange" stage for DCR mining/DCR payment...
Decred block time is slow (average 5-15mn) and need 256 confirmations - payouts usually next day, in my testing of zpool and yiimp. Both are in my primary and failover DCR file in CDM42.

Correct answer to another question :-)

Found DCR blocks go through few stages:
- Immature (lasts up to 24 hours): network confirmations
- Exchange (lasts 1-3 hours): exchange DCR to BTC (say, on ZPool)
- Clearead (instant): earnings transferred to the balance.

You meant the "Immature" stage that is slow.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
What pool are you guys using for DCR?  It seems like supernova is getting worse and worse - down half the time.

pool.mn  set/forget
Activity: 57
1. Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

Dwarfpool has some problems. Not only today but for a few days already. Check dwarfpool thread.

2. With the normal ethminer you can set an email option while mining on dwarfpool

Use "-epsw YOUREMAIL".

Thanks for your fast response
It was forking perfect on dwarfpool for last 2-3 weeks and today just disconnect and after that can not connect anymore ....
Now I see that dwarfpool page is not visible - obviously they have some problems ....
will wait 2-3 hours and will try again to connect!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Tried both zpool and yiimp (now with CDM 4.2). I found that share percent per block on Zpool somehow may be changed (lowered) for immature blocks while waiting. I understand the same for earnings, but for shares (shouldn't it be fixed at the time of block finding)?. So finally, dwarfpool and yiimp. I also like the latter because it pays in DCR to Bleutrade. I can exchange them when I like the rate, not when ZPool does, or use Auto-Sell feature of Bleutrade. The only question I have is why the pool software performs slow "Exchange" stage for DCR mining/DCR payment...

BTW, anybody knows how to report rig names to yiimp? I found their explanation to use "-u wallet,rigname", but adding rigname to the -ewal option did not work for me with CDM. Pool always shows "dcr" as a rig name for both my rigs. Any ideas?

donator
Miners developer
1. Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

Dwarfpool has some problems. Not only today but for a few days already. Check dwarfpool thread.

2. With the normal ethminer you can set an email option while mining on dwarfpool

Use "-epsw YOUREMAIL".
Activity: 311
Merit: 10
I have some requests for this excellent software.
It has a failover option, but when it connects to a pool, but can't get any hashrate it doesn't failover.
Can failover be done with failing hashrate?
This happened about 10 minutes ago:

ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu.dwarfpool.com' <87.98.182.61> port 8008
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008)
GPU0 t=34C fan=30%, GPU1 t=36C fan=30%
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
GPU0 t=34C fan=30%, GPU1 t=35C fan=30%
ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu.dwarfpool.com' <87.98.182.61> port 8008
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008)
GPU0 t=34C fan=30%, GPU1 t=35C fan=30%
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

Other option I would like to see is a email notification if something goes wrong.
With the normal ethminer you can set an email option while mining on dwarfpool, is that available too in the claymore's miner too?
Or is there another way to get notifications mining claymore's miner at dwarf?

Thanks in advance!
Jump to: