Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1329. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
v 4.2
- "-tt 1" (default) now does not manage fans but shows GPU temperature and fan status.

I think it is not work ( or bug ). On default settings or "-tt 1" after 100% fans speed in MSI Afterburner, miner get control and reset fans speed.
If set -tt -100 - here is ok, all fans speed set to 100%. Please fix it.
Interest feature show gpu statistic ( fans and etc ) but not control on it. Thank you.

Something here Miner take's control had to use -tt -%Fan for now.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
v 4.2
- "-tt 1" (default) now does not manage fans but shows GPU temperature and fan status.

I think it is not work ( or bug ). On default settings or "-tt 1" after 100% fans speed in MSI Afterburner, miner get control and reset fans speed. Please fix it.
If set -tt -100 - here is ok, all fans speed set to 100%.
Interest feature show gpu statistic ( fans and etc ) but not control on it. Thank you.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
Hey Claymore
Great Work BTW

Just to let you know, the GPU id on you temp readout don't match your GPU ID from your Hash Rate read out.

IE: i have 1 290x with a bunch of 280X so it;s easy to spot it.

On the Hasrate it;s GPU 4 but on the temp it;s GPU 5
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
That sounds great.  Can you give us any hints as to how it will work?  I need update to the newest version of the miner (from 3 to 4) but if the utility has to work with a newer version of the miner, I may just wait until that version comes out. 

Yes this utility will not work with v4.2 because this version does not support remote management.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
v4.2:

- added support for Ethereum solo mining.
- added "-gser" option.
- added "-eres" option.
- added "-powlim" option.
- added "-etht" option.
- added support for "client.reconnect" stratum command for Decred.

so we can point this version to eth-proxy?  

Yes it will work, but currently HTTP mode is not intended to work with proxies, so probably worker names will not work, I did not check it.
Why do you want to use eth-proxy? Proxy between miner and pool can cause delays and other problems.

It's much easier to change pools once than to change it on several miners.  The HTTP requests on a local network won't have much delay and eth-proxy is connected via stratum to the pool, right?  For some reason I just have a personal preference for it, I guess.

I thought you were always going to add a single-instance proxy to the miner setup and this was a step towards your monitoring implementation, maybe I misunderstood.

I will release an utility for monitoring and changing settings for all miners at once. So right now using a proxy can be useful, but in a few days it will no have any benefits. Also, eth-proxy can help with Ethereum pools, but not with Decred pools.

That sounds great.  Can you give us any hints as to how it will work?  I need update to the newest version of the miner (from 3 to 4) but if the utility has to work with a newer version of the miner, I may just wait until that version comes out. 
Activity: 491
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
I am using the Claymore miner 4.2. So far, it is stable. Its mining performance is the same as 4.1 or 3.2.
donator
Miners developer
v4.2:

- added "-gser" option.
- added "-eres" option.
- added "-etht" option.

Yes it will work, but currently HTTP mode is not intended to work with proxies, so probably worker names will not work, I did not check it.
Why do you want to use eth-proxy? Proxy between miner and pool can cause delays and other problems.

It's much easier to change pools once than to change it on several miners.  The HTTP requests on a local network won't have much delay and eth-proxy is connected via stratum to the pool, right?  For some reason I just have a personal preference for it, I guess.

I thought you were always going to add a single-instance proxy to the miner setup and this was a step towards your monitoring implementation, maybe I misunderstood.

I will release an utility for monitoring and changing settings for all miners at once. So right now using a proxy can be useful, but in a few days it will have no benefits. Also, eth-proxy can help with Ethereum pools, but not with Decred pools.
v4.2:

- added "-gser" option.
- added "-eres" option.
- added "-etht" option.

It's much easier to change pools once than to change it on several miners.  The HTTP requests on a local network won't have much delay and eth-proxy is connected via stratum to the pool, right?  For some reason I just have a personal preference for it, I guess.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
With my 380s or 370 or 280x hashrate about 10% less than ethminer  by Genoil on dwarfpool...
donator
Miners developer
v4.2:

- added "-gser" option.
- added "-eres" option.
- added "-etht" option.

donator
Miners developer
-eres   this setting is related to Ethereum mining stability. Every next Ethereum epoch requires a bit more GPU memory, miner can crash during reallocating GPU buffer for new DAG.
   To avoid it, miner reserves a bit larger GPU buffer at startup, so it can process several epochs without buffer reallocation.
   This setting defines how many epochs miner must foresee when it reserves GPU buffer, i.e. how many epochs will be processed without buffer reallocation. Default value is 2.

If we use big eres, will that affect the mining speed? Like bigger DAG?

-eres does not change mining speed at all. It just changes the buffer size. So if you don't have any problems with GPUs you can set "-eres 5" to make miner use the same buffer for five epochs (25 days). By default -eres is "2" so after 10 days miner will have to reallocate GPU buffers and may crash.
Buffer size itself is not related to the mining speed. Mining speed is slower with every next epoch because the data size in the buffer is growing.
v4.2:

- added "-gser" option.
- added "-eres" option.
- added "-etht" option.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
-eres   this setting is related to Ethereum mining stability. Every next Ethereum epoch requires a bit more GPU memory, miner can crash during reallocating GPU buffer for new DAG.
   To avoid it, miner reserves a bit larger GPU buffer at startup, so it can process several epochs without buffer reallocation.
   This setting defines how many epochs miner must foresee when it reserves GPU buffer, i.e. how many epochs will be processed without buffer reallocation. Default value is 2.

If we use big eres, will that affect the mining speed? Like bigger DAG?
donator
Miners developer
v4.2:

- added "-gser" option.
- added "-eres" option.
- added "-etht" option.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Dwarf is back online  Cheesy
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Help, shares didnt work on dwarfpool.

PC doing okay.

https://imgur.com/3kBc5jx

https://imgur.com/a/hH52y

But last share was 2 hours ago

http://dwarfpool.com/eth/address?wallet=0xA0F5578094e713c58B901eC43FB58bbbD7A63372

What to do?

Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred AMD GPU Miner v3.2 Beta - POOL
Dwarfpool currently has some problems, it is not due to mining software...
Activity: 89
try esm 1 for qtminer mode or does dwarf not support qtminer dont mine there anymore do to 51% hashrate hehe share your power dont let pools grow to much hehe Smiley
Activity: 98
Help, shares didnt work on dwarfpool.

PC doing okay.

But last share was 2 hours ago

What to do?

Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred AMD GPU Miner v3.2 Beta - POOL
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Is anyone having problems with Dwarf's pool?

My rigs are reporting accepted shares put the pool's website is claiming no shares are being sent  Huh

WTF?

me too, "last share 45mins ago"

Ok, then it's not a problem with my stuff. It's on their side.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Is anyone having problems with Dwarf's pool?

My rigs are reporting accepted shares put the pool's website is claiming no shares are being sent  Huh

WTF?

me too, "last share 45mins ago"
Jump to: