Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1328. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
1. I have used other proxy solution before this, and usually ethminer sends shares to Geth via a proxy server, and when block is solved it is accepted by Geth... since this version v4.2 is directly hashing into geth, the only indication that I successfully mined a solo block is on the CDM console or local MIST wallet, correct?

I think you would see an accepted share in Claymore's miner for each found block. That's been my experience so far with Expanse/gexp.

EDIT: I can also confirm that v4.2 works for Expanse solo mining. Smiley

Thanks!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
How to make this16gb virtual memory?   And where?
Could it be reason for low  280/370/380 series  amd, hashrate?

Ok I found but what  consequences could  have to small size?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

read(): Resource temporarily unavailable

Was fixed a few days ago, re-download v4.1 or use 4.2.

awesome--will do.  thanks!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
completely useless bug report follows, but I feel obligated to offer it.

4.1, dual mining in linux.  after several days,

attempts to restart just hang.

Was fixed a few days ago, re-download v4.1 or use 4.2.
Activity: 36
completely useless bug report follows, but I feel obligated to offer it.

4.1, dual mining in linux.  after several days,

attempts to restart mining just hang.
soft (AHCI) reboot fixes it (implies not a hard hang at GPU/driver).
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
1. I have used other proxy solution before this, and usually ethminer sends shares to Geth via a proxy server, and when block is solved it is accepted by Geth... since this version v4.2 is directly hashing into geth, the only indication that I successfully mined a solo block is on the CDM console or local MIST wallet, correct?

I think you would see an accepted share in Claymore's miner for each found block. That's been my experience so far with Expanse/gexp.

EDIT: I can also confirm that v4.2 works for Expanse solo mining. Smiley
Activity: 6
Thanks for the quick reply Claymore.

I think it may be something different.

Your readme file advises that for multi-gpu support 16gb is needed as virtual memory.
I think I saw this we the program ran also. I went to change the virtual memory in advanced settings.
However, the virtual memory never saved properly. I set the memory through command prompt also.
The memory allocation either never saved properly or windows came back with an error after rebooting.
It seems like Virtual memory cannot be set onto USB drives, which is how I have been running Windows.

I hope that this was the problem all along, which is easily fixed by going to the shop and picking up a bit of hardware.
Assuming this was the problem, then you still have awesome software, though 'probably' cannot be run on USB (power saving?).
I like this software because it just hashes better. Perhaps in future an option could be coded to create DAG files again.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io
v4.2 Beta2: Fixed issue with fans.

About wrong GPU indexes: I explained it a few times, now added to "KNOWN ISSUES" in OP.

If I do not use the fan speed options, do I need to upgrade to the V4.2 Beta 2? Or what is the issue with fans?

By default (no "-tt" option or "-tt 1") v4.2 Beta resets fans management to default, i.e. AMD drivers will manage fans. So it's ok if you don't use Afterburner to manage fans, but will cause a problem if Afterburner is used.
v4.2 Beta2 does not reset fans management so Afterburner can manage fans.

I have to use the MSI afterburner to control the voltage and frequency. So I have to use the 4.2 beta 2.
donator
Miners developer

About wrong GPU indexes: I explained it a few times, now added to "KNOWN ISSUES" in OP.

If I do not use the fan speed options, do I need to upgrade to the V4.2 Beta 2? Or what is the issue with fans?

By default (no "-tt" option or "-tt 1") v4.2 Beta resets fans management to default, i.e. AMD drivers will manage fans. So it's ok if you don't use Afterburner to manage fans, but will cause a problem if Afterburner is used.
v4.2 Beta2 does not reset fans management so Afterburner can manage fans.
Activity: 30

donator
Miners developer

Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Hey Claymore
Great Work BTW

Just to let you know, the GPU id on you temp readout don't match your GPU ID from your Hash Rate read out.

IE: i have 1 290x with a bunch of 280X so it;s easy to spot it.

On the Hasrate it;s GPU 4 but on the temp it;s GPU 5
Yes. I can also confirm this.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Hello,

This regards the following error:

"OpenCL error - 4 - cannot create DAG on GPU"

4 cards mine and one doesn't. If I change the cards or PCI slots, the problem will move from GPU to another. Where before it was GPU1, then it became GPU 4.
I am running windows 8.1 from a 64usb drive. When formatting the USB drive I formatted it the maximum amount of virtual memory, which was 59gb or so.

I can't imagine what is giving this issue. After 10 minutes or less this dual miner requested to shut down because it was out of memory also.

Any ideas for solutions please? I've noticed I'm not the only one who has had this issue but I could not find a resolution for them.

This is the .bat file I am running:
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal address -epsw x -eworker Worker01 -ethi 8 -mode 1

I tested if it is this is hardware related also. Disconnected a random card.
Then 4 cards mined without errors. Reconnected that card, and now disconnected another card.
This second lot of 4 cards also mined without any errors, hence eliminating the idea that this is a hardware issue.

Cheers

Claymore, do you have any advice on this please? I have 20 R9 280xs that would love to start mining with your program Smiley

Try the new "serialization" feature in 4.2
Check risers and PSU... PSUs are supposed to "age" 5% per year...
donator
Miners developer
Hello,

4 cards mine and one doesn't. If I change the cards or PCI slots, the problem will move from GPU to another. Where before it was GPU1, then it became GPU 4.
I am running windows 8.1 from a 64usb drive. When formatting the USB drive I formatted it the maximum amount of virtual memory, which was 59gb or so.

I can't imagine what is giving this issue. After 10 minutes or less this dual miner requested to shut down because it was out of memory also.

Any ideas for solutions please? I've noticed I'm not the only one who has had this issue but I could not find a resolution for them.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal address -epsw x -eworker Worker01 -ethi 8 -mode 1

Then 4 cards mined without errors. Reconnected that card, and now disconnected another card.
This second lot of 4 cards also mined without any errors, hence eliminating the idea that this is a hardware issue.

Cheers

Claymore, do you have any advice on this please? I have 20 R9 280xs that would love to start mining with your program Smiley

"clEnqueueNDRangeKernel" function returns "CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE" error from your log. It is something system-related. Actually this question is to AMD drivers developers team, not to me, I have no ideas why OpenCL cannot reserve GPU memory for DAG on your system, sorry.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Claymore,

Testing v4.2 now with solo mode

1. 5 x 390 @ 148MHs x 4 rigs = 592MHs total hash pointing to standalone pc in same LAN running Geth (AMD 8 core, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD)
2. Geth is fully synchronised and showing current block #
3. AMD PC is also running CDMv42 on 1 single 390.
4. All 4 rigs are hashing and communicating with Geth at 29.7MHs per card or 148.5MHs per rig.
5. All 4 rigs are showing GPU temps.
6. CDMv42 on a single GPU is NOT showing GPU temps.
7. All rigs are on Catalyst 16.3.2, and 16GB-20GB virtual memory, W8.1, wired LAN connection.
8. DevFee mining is active (showing you are mining at dwarfpool EU)

Questions:
2. When you start Geth, what is your syntax? Do you use any switches? I started Geth with console mode.

Let me know if I have missed any steps. I have a feeling my Geth is not working correctly (because there is no shares accepted after running for an hour) or maybe I am just impatient because this solo mining after all.

Thanks
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I will be  very  apreciate for  28x and 3xx series optymalization too
Activity: 6
Hello,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HNx74FwQi2VXJDZjBQbjQ0QWs

Cheers

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
In CDM FAQ:

KNOWN ISSUES

- Weak/old cards like 7xxx/270/270X cannot handle dual mining properly, Ethereum mining is slower by about 5%.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
i'm having trouble having peers in my ETH wallet...any add nodes or something like that?
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
anyone using 4.1 having this issue?

08:42:40:295   a50   Cannot resolve 'stratum-dcr-sg.coinmine.pl'
08:42:40:295   a50    DCR: Stratum - Cannot connect to stratum-dcr-sg.coinmine.pl:2222
08:42:40:295   a50    DCR: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
08:43:00:298   a50   Cannot resolve 'stratum-dcr-sg.coinmine.pl'
08:43:00:299   a50    DCR: Stratum - Cannot connect to stratum-dcr-sg.coinmine.pl:2222
08:43:00:300   a50    DCR: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
08:43:01:218   bf0   ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to eth-hk.dwarfpool.com:8008
08:43:01:220   bf0   ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

Btw @Claymore, I have realized that if you have issues with the Eth connection, even if the Dcr is connected, it will not do any work at all until your Eth connection is connected. Is this suppose to be worked out like that or was it overlooked? hmm
Jump to: