Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 181. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 776
Merit: 308
GeoCoin Developer - GIS Technologist
Big fan of your miner Claymore, I've been using it for the past year and super happy with the results.  Your miner seems to have the most robust set of options I've come across, keep up the great work!

Ubiq (UBQ) has recently been developing a new variation of Ethash called Ubqhash.  The decision to develop a new mining algorithm was decided through a community governance vote earlier this year.  I believe a lot of the current miners in the Ubiq community are using your mining software, I was wondering if you've heard of the upcoming Ubqhash algorithm and whether you'd be interested in adding support for it in the future.  For more information check out this medium blog, https://blog.ubiqsmart.com/introducing-ubqhash-8fa515befd7

Cheers!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Activity: 32
Merit: 20
Thanks fro creating really helping tool , i found all of my miner use claymore, anyway i think better we have claymore os for clear os mining.
not windows any more

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

...so I don't care too and spend my time in a better way.

... like working on a newer miner version which will make at least some cards profitable again or drinking mojitos in Bahamas?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
btw @Claymore what do you say about those guys? looks suspiciously similar, but produces way less stales and gives a better hash overall

You are free to use any miner if you think that it's better.
My claim is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31316061
Nobody cares about it, so I don't care too and spend my time in a better way.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Hi,

Intel Pentium
Windows 10
AMD/Strix/Asus 8gb Rx580 Radeon GPU x8
Asus Mining Expert Mobo
8gb Ram

ETH: 7 pools are specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth-us-west1.nanopool.org:9999   
>>>>Miner cannot initialize for 5 minutes, need to restart miner!<<<< RED TEXT
 Restarting OK, exit...

ETH: 7 Pools are specifie…

Above ive described the computing hardware I have, and the command prompt issues I am seeing, I received the miner from nanopool on thier help section. and they also custom pre fabbed a command line configuration for It, which works.

The problem is miner wont initialize. Id be surprised if yall could help me at this point, but I need it bad!

Thanks, AMDigger

seen this.dummy hdmi was in, but  as soon as I connected monitor - miner started
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
From a month ago all   R9 390's have hash rate  27Mh/s on Ethereum
I tried reinstall with win10 1709 and 15.12 amd drivers.... no change
When I switch to musiccoin everything is OK hash rate back to 31Mh/s
The only deference is EPOCH of the coins.
I have no idea Sad

Yes this is normal. I am getting the exact same issue with my R9 290. Basically this is similiar to the R9 280X DAG thrashing issue we all had back in 2016. With a new epoch the speed decreased more and more.

I've noticed my R9 290 were pretty stable until the last few months. Running at 947/1250 (stock clock) resulted in 26.5MH/s and now that same clock only provides 23.5MH/s. Every DAG I think it loses something like 0.1-0.2MH/s of speed.

Nothing you can do really. I doubt there will be a fix coming in from AMD since these are old GPUs.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi,

Intel Pentium
Windows 10
AMD/Strix/Asus 8gb Rx580 Radeon GPU x8
Asus Mining Expert Mobo
8gb Ram

ETH: 7 pools are specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth-us-west1.nanopool.org:9999   
>>>>Miner cannot initialize for 5 minutes, need to restart miner!<<<< RED TEXT
 Restarting OK, exit...

ETH: 7 Pools are specifie…

Above ive described the computing hardware I have, and the command prompt issues I am seeing, I received the miner from nanopool on thier help section. and they also custom pre fabbed a command line configuration for It, which works.

The problem is miner wont initialize. Id be surprised if yall could help me at this point, but I need it bad!

Thanks, AMDigger
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
From a month ago all   R9 390's have hash rate  27Mh/s on Ethereum
I tried reinstall with win10 1709 and 15.12 amd drivers.... no change
When I switch to musiccoin everything is OK hash rate back to 31Mh/s
The only deference is EPOCH of the coins.
I have no idea Sad

maybe you should try to update to the more recent Claymore version?
according to ethermine: "Old Claymore miner versions do not support mining after DAG epoch 200 which just passed with #Ethereum block 6000000"

also I'd suggest you check out PhoenixMiner 3... btw @Claymore what do you say about those guys? looks suspiciously similar, but produces way less stales and gives a better hash overall

Activity: 239
Merit: 12
As far as I'm concerned, I'm gonna be a millionaire in a month Smiley
unfortunately this is just a mirage.

ah-h-h-h...You just couldn't sweeten the pill in these difficult for miners times, could you?
Activity: 47
Some of my rigs has begun to close the miner right after the pool is defined. If i plug a screen/or dummy in the onbard GPU (and therefore enabling it) it work fine.

It even do it on my gamer PC with a screen connected to the GPU (GTX 1080ti) very annoying that i have to have a dummy in the onboard gpu giving me a screen i can't control.

I see it on Asus mb B250 mining exptert, Asus Strix Z370 and Asus Strix Z270 with diffrent CPUs, all with Nvidia GPU. Any suggestions to running without the dummy?

Try to set "max performance" in "Intel(R) Graphic Power Plan ..." @ Power Option...Advanced settings

It already is.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
unfortunately this is just a mirage.
Activity: 239
Merit: 12

than continue to trust to whattomine and similar site calculators  Grin

Why wouldn't I trust whattomine Huh
Calculated for a single RX580 a few minutes ago:

legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
Does anyone try v11.9 with new nvidia drivers(415+), will it work?

I've been having trouble since late September release.  Computer locks up and restarts.  Computer runs fine as long as no mining.  Tried disconnecting one gpu at a time to isolate to see if i had a short in one, but still same.  Even adjusted clock settings, same.  Seems like something with mining program or some update

Win10, (4) 1070's, v11.9, GeForce driver 411.63

Any advice?

Didn't hear back on this, so I did some more trial and error.  I switch from dual miner to single miner for ETH only.  Sat and waited......

Found that after mining for DEV, instructions were to "STOP AND DISCONNECT" or something along those lines.  And I watched as my computer just shuts down.  

Anyone know how I can stop this?

UPDATE:
I watched it again, the exact message is:

DevFee: stop mining and disconnect

Then crash

disable dev fee check the readme

i have some r9 380's not very stable anymore, i disable dev fee, so i don't have to recreate the dag  and then it crash lost less
Activity: 34

I've been having trouble since late September release.  Computer locks up and restarts.  Computer runs fine as long as no mining.  Tried disconnecting one gpu at a time to isolate to see if i had a short in one, but still same.  Even adjusted clock settings, same.  Seems like something with mining program or some update

Any advice?

Didn't hear back on this, so I did some more trial and error.  I switch from dual miner to single miner for ETH only.  Sat and waited......

Found that after mining for DEV, instructions were to "STOP AND DISCONNECT" or something along those lines.  And I watched as my computer just shuts down. 

UPDATE:
I watched it again, the exact message is:

DevFee: stop mining and disconnect

Then crash
Activity: 34

I've been having trouble since late September release.  Computer locks up and restarts.  Computer runs fine as long as no mining.  Tried disconnecting one gpu at a time to isolate to see if i had a short in one, but still same.  Even adjusted clock settings, same.  Seems like something with mining program or some update

Any advice?

Didn't hear back on this, so I did some more trial and error.  I switch from dual miner to single miner for ETH only.  Sat and waited......

Found that after mining for DEV, instructions were to "STOP AND DISCONNECT" or something along those lines.  And I watched as my computer just shuts down. 

legendary
Sorry so is that to say there may be "cumulative" Claymore 11.9 updates available on github or is that relating to AMD, Windows, Claymore etc etc?

Thanx

no.
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
Sorry so is that to say there may be "cumulative" Claymore 11.9 updates available on github or is that relating to AMD, Windows, Claymore etc etc?

Thanx
legendary
I've been using 11.9 on W10 for some time now and all has been fine.  I have 12 cards (7 AMD RX580's and 5 AMD RX570's) on an Asus B250 board with server PSU as well as a Corsair 850.  a couple of days back my hash rate went to near zero and I have just gone to inspect the rig and found all 12 cards are recognised by bios but Claymore 11.9 only recognises 7 (all 580's).  CPU is running fine and the PSU's are both still cranking and the cards are all lit up.  Further to this I'm getting a hash rate of 17 MHS per card give or take which is about half what I was getting before.  I have run a patch and re run new AMD software to see if that made a diff driver wise but no change.  Am I missing an update or anything obvious?  Cheers.

Cumulative update, yes it often resets that
legendary
Some of my rigs has begun to close the miner right after the pool is defined. If i plug a screen/or dummy in the onbard GPU (and therefore enabling it) it work fine.

It even do it on my gamer PC with a screen connected to the GPU (GTX 1080ti) very annoying that i have to have a dummy in the onboard gpu giving me a screen i can't control.

I see it on Asus mb B250 mining exptert, Asus Strix Z370 and Asus Strix Z270 with diffrent CPUs, all with Nvidia GPU. Any suggestions to running without the dummy?

Try to set "max performance" in "Intel(R) Graphic Power Plan ..." @ Power Option...Advanced settings
Jump to: