Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 178. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
i have watchdog error (opencl call) with claymore
while ETH miner works fine
why?
i love claymore because os less power usage but watchdog error kill me

As far as I can guess, you're either trying to overclock too much or trying to undervolt too much. Adjust your overclocking/undervolting numbers till your GPUs are in the position of handling the work with stability.

Are you using Claymore's integrated options or trying to use some driver for that?
Activity: 197
Merit: 0
i have watchdog error (opencl call) with claymore
while ETH miner works fine
why?
i love claymore because os less power usage but watchdog error kill me
Activity: 112
Merit: 31

@Claymore: This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 1% for Ethereum-only mining mode (-mode 1) and 1.5% for dual mining mode (-mode 0), every hour the miner mines for 36 or 54 seconds for developer.

I'm fine with this and thanks for creating this software. I do regularly maintain rigs for my clients and when it comes to fee, we manually calculate the fee for me. Example: if we say that the maintainer is getting 3% fee, I get this at the end of the month from the total mined coins during 30 days.  

My question: Is it possible to make another option for "maintainer fee" to mine to other address given percentage?

Example: option like -maintainfee 3 that means "maintainer fee 3%"

Thank you,

I made a bat file for my customers.
Time loop.
miner1.bat your cutomer's config, miner2.bat your config.

Code:
@echo off
:loopa

miner2.bat

timeout /t 10 > NUL

echo "EXITING POOL1"

taskkill /IM "miner2.bat"

goto loopb

:loopb

miner1.bat

timeout /t 10 > NUL

echo "EXITING POOL2"

taskkill /IM "miner1.bat"

del /s /q /f D:\Mining\Claymore\*.log

goto loopa
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

@Claymore: This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 1% for Ethereum-only mining mode (-mode 1) and 1.5% for dual mining mode (-mode 0), every hour the miner mines for 36 or 54 seconds for developer.

I'm fine with this and thanks for creating this software. I do regularly maintain rigs for my clients and when it comes to fee, we manually calculate the fee for me. Example: if we say that the maintainer is getting 3% fee, I get this at the end of the month from the total mined coins during 30 days. 

My question: Is it possible to make another option for "maintainer fee" to mine to other address given percentage?

Example: option like -maintainfee 3 that means "maintainer fee 3%"

Thank you,

If someone has a solution to this question, I am very interested for an answer too
I have a similar fee issue

Best regards
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
I am wondering if someone who is good with Ubuntu can help me out.

Basically I moved a few GPUs over and I am trying to run some old AMD R9 290 GPUs with Claymore v11.9 however I am getting this error on start

"amdgpu_device_initialize: DRM version is 2.50.0 but this driver is only compatible with 3.x.x."

I have installed the latest version of AMDGPU-PRO driver and everything seems to work. The GPUs are detected and the driver is running installed however for some reason Claymore ETH miner refuses to start.

Thanks

I've digged some previous post

Hope this might help you out

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28639593

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I am wondering if someone who is good with Ubuntu can help me out.

Basically I moved a few GPUs over and I am trying to run some old AMD R9 290 GPUs with Claymore v11.9 however I am getting this error on start

"amdgpu_device_initialize: DRM version is 2.50.0 but this driver is only compatible with 3.x.x."

I have installed the latest version of AMDGPU-PRO driver and everything seems to work. The GPUs are detected and the driver is running installed however for some reason Claymore ETH miner refuses to start.

Thanks
Activity: 169
Merit: 1
Sia is forking 31st october,will you release udpate for claymore to cover this fork?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
When DAG file will be to big to use my rx 570 on ethereum?

It is possible to simulate here:
https://crypt0.zone/dag-file-size/ETH/6582716
Activity: 2
hi all!
plz help me. I have rig 3*7950 (3gb) and 1*280x (3gb) Windows 7
Every 20 minutes miner restart after attempting to connect the commission.
https://preview.ibb.co/bFiTJA/2.jpg

cause when starts the dev fee for Claymore, eth pool, the DAG file of ETH cannot be uploaded in your GPU, even the DAG fille size should be 2.71 GB, and you have 3GB cards, donno why you cannot start mining, but try to avoid the dev fee to see of this is the problem using the -nofee 1

If I turn off the commission, the hash rate will become smaller. In this miner is it possible to specify a coin with a small dag file in the form of a commission?
As in a similar miner:
-coin Ethash coin to use for devfee to avoid switching DAGs

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That will be in about a year and half.
Activity: 112
Look ARROUND!
Activity: 63
hi all!

cause when starts the dev fee for Claymore, eth pool, the DAG file of ETH cannot be uploaded in your GPU, even the DAG fille size should be 2.71 GB, and you have 3GB cards, donno why you cannot start mining, but try to avoid the dev fee to see of this is the problem using the -nofee 1

It's a windows issue. I believe the dev fee goes to regular Ethereum, and under windows you cannot mine Eth directly anymore with 3GB cards
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
hi all!

Activity: 2
hi all!
https://preview.ibb.co/bFiTJA/2.jpg
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
It's epoch 219 now. For about 4.8 days, the epoch will increase by 1 and the duration is getting shorter. So it's about 1 year left before reaching the curreent claymore 11.9 limit, epoch 299. Will Mr claymore provides at least one update to increase the epoch limit by then? Assuming ethereum keep delaying releases and defering difficulty bomb like now.

The DAG is actually higher for ETC classic and there is no difficulty bomb there so most likely it will reach DAG 299 much faster.

I am assuming since Claymore still charges a fee for this miner he will make the necessary updates as time goes along.

Regarding ProgPOW I wouldn't bet on it because the talk about it has been sparse and most of the devs rather concentrate on POS and sharding than GPU mining profitability.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
It's epoch 219 now. For about 4.8 days, the epoch will increase by 1 and the duration is getting shorter. So it's about 1 year left before reaching the curreent claymore 11.9 limit, epoch 299. Will Mr claymore provides at least one update to increase the epoch limit by then? Assuming ethereum keep delaying releases and defering difficulty bomb like now.
If devs migrate to ProgPow this will not be necessary, do not worry so much about Epoch.
Activity: 33
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Hi,

That OhGodAnETHlargementPill thing works with the latest version? There is another way to get better hashrate with 1080ti?
Activity: 154
Merit: 14

I see where is your problem
if the cards are modded you have to use the blockchain driver, not the last one

That's just a total BS - stop trolling the guy. Don't use blockchain driver - it's buggy. Use one of the recent drivers (it's never a good idea to use THE most recent one).

But that's really funny that @Hoemas has RX570 and gpu-z shows RX 580. Was it the same before modding bios and patching? I wonder if it's the driver patcher glitch Huh Two things I could think of regarding low hash rate (given that compute mode is "on"): 1. Not enough power, 2. you screwed up during bios mod. Flash the original bios back and start from there.... see if the cards behave as they should

I'm not trolling here anyone...
is how I am setting up my GPUs - AMD ofcourse

If they are bios modded (pached and so on) I am using the blockchain driver
If they are stock bios, than through the AMD global settings I put them one by one in the "compute mode" and use the last stable driver

and have no problem at all

maybe can be a virtual memory issue, this could be also a questionmark

In this case you are doing it wrong and teaching others to do it wrong. Also you clearly state "you have to use the blockchain driver". No you don't have to.

wrong or not, it works for me
over and out.
Activity: 239
Merit: 12

I see where is your problem
if the cards are modded you have to use the blockchain driver, not the last one

That's just a total BS - stop trolling the guy. Don't use blockchain driver - it's buggy. Use one of the recent drivers (it's never a good idea to use THE most recent one).

But that's really funny that @Hoemas has RX570 and gpu-z shows RX 580. Was it the same before modding bios and patching? I wonder if it's the driver patcher glitch Huh Two things I could think of regarding low hash rate (given that compute mode is "on"): 1. Not enough power, 2. you screwed up during bios mod. Flash the original bios back and start from there.... see if the cards behave as they should

I'm not trolling here anyone...
is how I am setting up my GPUs - AMD ofcourse

If they are bios modded (pached and so on) I am using the blockchain driver
If they are stock bios, than through the AMD global settings I put them one by one in the "compute mode" and use the last stable driver

and have no problem at all

maybe can be a virtual memory issue, this could be also a questionmark

In this case you are doing it wrong and teaching others to do it wrong. Also you clearly state "you have to use the blockchain driver". No you don't have to.
Jump to: