Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 20. (Read 6590215 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
you all having doubts on what to mine with 4GB or even 3GB cards, the news is that ETC will re-calibrate the DAG file size making it possible again

for more info -> https://twitter.com/eth_classic/status/1314106504513871872?s=20

ETC has a network hashrate of 5TH, ETH has a network hashrate of 250TH.
It is assumed 50% of that 250 is 4GB or less (Gpus or Asics).
ETC mining profitability with drop like bricks if they drop the DAG and all that 125TH hashrate shifts to it - could even be higher if the already offline 3GB gpus join in.
Network hashrate will go from 5TH to ~130TH - thats a 2600% increase and will see a proportional difficulty increase, tanking profitability , so no, its not really an alternative.

Yes the profitability will tank but it won't be by that ratio, most likely it will have a profitability slighty higher than Ubiq and maybe between $0.50 profit per day before electrical costs. So obviously if you got $0.10/kwh power it won't be worth it but many around the world got power cheaper than that and they will still mine it.

Looks how many Dagger forks there are and the underlying coin has such a small miner reward yet there are still tons of miners. So the profitability will be horrible but I guess it would at least secure ETC's network from any more attacks.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

ETC mining profitability with drop like bricks if they drop the DAG and all that 125TH hashrate shifts to it - could even be higher if the already offline 3GB gpus join in.
Network hashrate will go from 5TH to ~130TH - thats a 2600% increase and will see a proportional difficulty increase, tanking profitability , so no, its not really an alternative.

Well yes it is, cause if you can still mine ETC with a 3gb card i much more profitable than any other algo, and ok, there will be some movement in the total hashrate power on ETC, but until than, jump in and take out the profit
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
you all having doubts on what to mine with 4GB or even 3GB cards, the news is that ETC will re-calibrate the DAG file size making it possible again

for more info -> https://twitter.com/eth_classic/status/1314106504513871872?s=20

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

Activity: 269
Merit: 102
New project for miners, absolute free, this project development "ETHlargement" - EthereumPill release
Support Algo: Ethash/KawPow/ProgPow

More info: Removed

Hashrate:
1080ti - 58 mh/s
2060 - 59 mh/s
2070 - 60-62 mh/s
2080 - 63-67 mh/s
2080ti - 68-71 mh/s
3070 - 76-78 mh/s
3080 - 97-99 mh/s
3090 - 115-127 mh/s

P.S.: the project is being drowned by competitors, don't trust anyone, check the information yourself

Can you please guys report this account for violating the bitcointalk rules, for how many times the admin warns all of the member to stop posting or quoting the topic about this pill, because it is a hacker tool that very dangerous to your wallet if ever you have run in your computer.

When you quote the original, please remove the link. If you don't it keeps it alive still. Post has been reported to moderator.
Activity: 198
Merit: 10
I found the solution. I  remove old devices and drivers  (intel, microsoft) in device manager -  display adaptors ! Now its OK!
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
I just install one card AMD 5700 XT and claymore finds 2 AMD cards. Why? How can I fix that?
I would never fix that.  Grin
Activity: 639
Merit: 19
Last time he was active in this thread was Nov 2019, he was usually very active in the past, even when he didn't make updates. Now I think he might be retired from developement. He made crazy gains since his miner was the only decent software during the 2017 market boom and probably saved up tons of ETH and just living on an island somewhere.

Islands that programmers go to usually have internet connection. Wasting a ton of money like that, I would rather guess he's not alive anymore, or imprisoned. Or maybe lost his hands, eyes, whatever. Of course, these things have very low base likelihood, but other options just don't make any logical sense I can think of.

I compiled Ethminer https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/blob/master/docs/BUILD.md and it works. But I did have to change ethminer/libethash-cuda/CMakeLists.txt to ignore old (sm_30-35 that don't work with CUDA 11) and add new 86 architecture (list(APPEND CUDA_NVCC_FLAGS "-gencode arch=compute_86,code=sm_86")).

What hashrate does Ethminer give you for the 3080?

86.5. For 2080 Ti with +300 mem OC it's 52.7.

Was 86.5 mh the fastest you could get with Ethminer?

I didn't do any additional OC outside of what manufacturer did yet. Only power limiting. I'd guess it can do a bit more. Especially since 3090 mem has a lil bit higher frequency and it's based on same memory modules from what I know.

You can have more Hashrate with the RTX 3080 and without DevFee with TT-Miner…
I just install one card AMD 5700 XT and claymore finds 2 AMD cards. Why? How can I fix that?
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20

I guess it is 0xd69af2a796a737a103f12d2f0bcc563a13900e6f which can be found on the first post of this thread sixteen times.

I checked the transactions and it seems the last time he sent any ETH from that address was back in May 2019, so its very strange where he has been away so long. Another reason could be that maybe he is just hodling these coins and wants to sell when >$1000 or so.

However he sold the coins back in May 2019 because its when it recovered from the $80 low. It was $80 back in Dec 2018 and in May it went to $250. Then a few weeks later it went even higher. And last month ETH went even higher than that at almost $500. So it doesn't make sense why he didn't sell.

100 ETH isn't really that much money so who knows. That address might be one of his "chump change" accounts and he is just letting it sit.

I think that address can't be his main address for all the fees, so low amount of ether.

Its hard to say what happened, maybe coding these miners were too hard for him mentaly and she/he just had to stop... I hope he/she is happy now somewhere Smiley
And maybe just watching us without login in or with logged in with another account, you never know...
legendary
CoinPoker.com

I guess it is 0xd69af2a796a737a103f12d2f0bcc563a13900e6f which can be found on the first post of this thread sixteen times.

I checked the transactions and it seems the last time he sent any ETH from that address was back in May 2019, so its very strange where he has been away so long. Another reason could be that maybe he is just hodling these coins and wants to sell when >$1000 or so.

However he sold the coins back in May 2019 because its when it recovered from the $80 low. It was $80 back in Dec 2018 and in May it went to $250. Then a few weeks later it went even higher. And last month ETH went even higher than that at almost $500. So it doesn't make sense why he didn't sell.

100 ETH isn't really that much money so who knows. That address might be one of his "chump change" accounts and he is just letting it sit.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
I run that pill! I dont know what to check. But the antivirus remove the file.

Again and again, the admin of this section warn every members to avoid to bump or quote the topic or post related to that pill,

THIS APPS IS DANGEROUS AND IT CAN BE HARMFUL TO YOUR WALLET or ANY CRYPTOS THAT INSTALLED to your computer, or it might be HIJACK all your minted coin.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
Hello, pls help me, when i run Claymore, get error - not enough virtual memory, how can I increase it?

You need to add more virtual memory in your PC:

1. Go to Computer property
2. Click advance system settings
3. Under Performance click settings
4. click advance
5. click change
6. untick the " Automatic manage paging size for all drives " box
7. check the custom size
8, then put 45000 in initial size (MB)
9. then put 60000 in maximum size (MB)

you have now an enough virtual memory.

Restart your rig.

cheers!  Wink
I run that pill! I dont know what to check. But the antivirus remove the file.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

the original ethpill (in the OP) has been removed. the new ones are malware/virus

from what i understand the straps option (might be called something else?) now in claymore largely accomplishes the same thing.
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4111
Crypto Swap Exchange
What are his dev mining addresses again? I am too lazy to start the miner and fetch them. From what I remember he used something like a Coinbase address for his fees so impossible to tell if he hodl'd the coins or sold them immediately.
Virus Trojan?
Yes, do not download anything from EthereumPill github
Activity: 99
legendary
CoinPoker.com
I don't think he is in jail or dead.

As everything in crypto is hidden with many keys, we probably we will never know why he disappeared. The most probable reason is, yeah, he is dead, many months already and this is not due to covid, his eth in fees is untouched.

What are his dev mining addresses again? I am too lazy to start the miner and fetch them. From what I remember he used something like a Coinbase address for his fees so impossible to tell if he hodl'd the coins or sold them immediately.

If you are right, then it is rather odd that his ETH is untouched when ETH went to almost $500 a few months back. Really irresponsible not to at least take some profit off the table at $500 when we dipped below $100 a few times in the past.

Does anybody have a problem with ultra low hashrate on ETH mining with 4GB GPU?

Your GPU is running out of memory due to growing dag. Switch to Linux and use Phonixminer instead and it will work for another 1 month and then you can't mine ETH anymore.
Activity: 474
Merit: 101
Does anybody have a problem with ultra low hashrate on ETH mining with 4GB GPU?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I don't think he is in jail or dead.

As everything in crypto is hidden with many keys, we probably we will never know why he disappeared. The most probable reason is, yeah, he is dead, many months already and this is not due to covid, his eth in fees is untouched.
Pages:
Jump to: