Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 324. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Here's a question:
If my biggest and main problem with mining is heat, whats the best way to lower the heat from GPUs?
Should I use lower clocks, is there a command line which tells the miner to mine slower/less intense...?
I'm willing to sacrifice the hash speed for lower temps.
Thanks!

I dual mine which generates a lot of heat. I find lowering the power limit has the biggest effect on lowering temperatures and power usage, while affecting hash rate the least. Next is undervolting the core and the least effect on lowering temperatures is adjusting the clock speed, which also affects the hash rate the most compared to adjusting the power limit and undervolting.

Otherwise you can also lower the temperature by increasing the airflow to dissipate the air around the rig. I use a box fan which is cheap and does a good job.

Thanks.
Is there a line in miner to lower power usage since my msi afterburner doesnt work on 6 cards rig?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hey guys just wanted to check if anyone is mining with 1080s. I have 2 x 1080s in my set-up and they both average about 21 mh/s on the claymore miner...this seems 4-5 mh/s too slow or is that just me?

Those cards should get 30 to 32 mh/s each, easy.
Obviously you don't have your system or cards configured correctly.

1080 gives 21 mh\s on ETH. TI gives 32 + up to 38 depending on card.

Thankyou Smiley
Activity: 82
Thanks cryptoillusion1, have edited it.

Re: lowering the clocks, although this will lower the power consumption it still won't address the issue that at the same clocks it is consuming more power than usual ie lower clocks will be consuming same power as the higher clocks were.

The other issue is that the original GPU 0 will only work in the 16x PCI-e slot if connected to any of the PCI-e 1x slots it fails to get picked up.

I was wondering if the clock and settings have not changed from when you altered them - these are stored in the registry and may not have changed
Why don't you reset all the settings to the bios settings
To do this you could open radeon settings and in global settings 'reset' each card and try

GPU not getting picked up- Try (1) install another gpu on 16x -gpu0 not connected - restart (2) switch computer off- install gpu0 on 1x - start computer
if above does not help- reinstall driver
Activity: 170
Merit: 6
Hey guys just wanted to check if anyone is mining with 1080s. I have 2 x 1080s in my set-up and they both average about 21 mh/s on the claymore miner...this seems 4-5 mh/s too slow or is that just me?

I need to correct my statement. I misread it.
My RX-580's all get 30 to 32 mh/s. I don't know anything about 1080's should get.
KGV
Activity: 55

Activity: 21
Thanks cryptoillusion1, have edited it.

Re: lowering the clocks, although this will lower the power consumption it still won't address the issue that at the same clocks it is consuming more power than usual ie lower clocks will be consuming same power as the higher clocks were.

The other issue is that the original GPU 0 will only work in the 16x PCI-e slot if connected to any of the PCI-e 1x slots it fails to get picked up.
Yesterday I tried to undervolt my rig and now I am having some major issues, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
Rig is 6x RX 580s (all with mixed Hynix and Samsung memory) on Asus Mining Expert board running blockchain driver with Polaris one click bios.

The usual OC and voltage setting I use in the config file for Claymore's miner are

-cclock 1150
-cvddc 900
-mvddc 950
-mclock 2200

My usual power usage at the wall is 1070W, HWinfo usually shows gpu chip power of  97w per card.

The settings I tried were

-cclock 1150
-cvddc 875
-mvddc 925
-mclock 2150

After starting Claymore v 11.4 I went back into the config file and edited the settings back to my usual oc/voltages so that if it crashed it would apply them on reboot.

After about an hour the rig crashed (CCL error gpu 5)it rebooted and it restarted claymore with my usual settings. I noticed that the power usage at the wall had jumped up to around 1285w and HWinfo was showing gpu power usage of around 120w per card. HWinfo and GPU-z were showing that my GPU's were running at the usual clocks/voltages 1150/2200 900/950 so I stopped Claymore and manually restarted my rig.

When it restarted the MB done the initial single beep before posting then tripple beeped and wouldn't post. I powered off the rig, 'flicked the PSU switches off and let it still for a few mins. Powered the rig back up again and same result (single beep, tripple beep not posting).
I powered off the rig unplugged GPU 0 and GPU 1 at the MB, swapped them over (gpu 0 to pcie 1x slot gpu 1 to pcie 16x slot) and the rig posted then booted to Windows went into device manager and it was only picking up 5 of the 6 GPU's (not the GPU that was previously GPU 0).

I shut down the rig, unplugged the GPU at the riser and PSU and rebooted (posted and booted to Windows with no issues), I started Claymore (started mining fine) and when I checked HWinfo/GPU-z same result previous clock/voltage settings with higher gpu power usage (120w per card) than usual.

I stopped Claymore, shut down the rig, unplugged the rig at the wall, put GPU's in there original positions, moved the bios switch on the GPU that wasn't being picked up to 'silent mode' and booted the rig up.

It posted and booted into Windows but was running really odd, mouse movements, opening windows etc were slow and sluggish. I then moved the bios switch back to original position then used ATIflash via cmd to 're flash all cards back to original bios, uninstalled driver via DDU and rebooted the rig. Reinstalled blockchain driver, rebooted and mouse movements, opening windows etc were still slow and sluggish.

Used ATIflash via cmd and flashed all GPU'S with bios I had them running on previously (one click Polaris Bios Editor). Applied atikmdag-patcher and rebooted, things were still running slow and sluggish, ran claymore and it started mining with all 6 GPU'S at original config setting, getting the same Mh/s but all the GPU's are still using more power than they usually would (120w per GPU and whole rig 1285w at wall).

Apologies for how long this is but I wanted to give a good idea on what is happening, what I have tried already etc.

Thoughts? Anyone had a similar issue that the have managed to resolve? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Ps

How do I put this into one of the 'box thing's' so it doesn't take up so much room on the page?

-----------------------------------
when you click on the # button you will see  "code" and "/code" - insert your text between these two and when you post it will show up the code window

regarding power- try reducing the clocks..

Quote from: big al on Today at 01:06:55 AM
This is what I've found too with dual mining.  11.3 or 11.4 you have to slow down the cards to get stability but still 4% incorrect shares.

With 11.0 I get slightly slower speeds vs the same card speed but I can turn them up more with stability. I dont have any incorrect shares so far a couple hours in.  The effective speed is much higher.

The incorrect shares is due to the speed boost claymore did, claymore increased memory intensity for the boost and now to make it right people need to reduce their memory clock speed.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Yesterday I tried to undervolt my rig and now I am having some major issues, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rig is 6x RX 580s (all with mixed Hynix and Samsung memory) on Asus Mining Expert board running blockchain driver with Polaris one click bios.

The usual OC and voltage setting I use in the config file for Claymore's miner are

-cclock 1150
-cvddc 900
-mvddc 950
-mclock 2200

My usual power usage at the wall is 1070W, HWinfo usually shows gpu chip power of  97w per card.

-cclock 1150
-cvddc 875
-mvddc 925
-mclock 2150

After starting Claymore v 11.4 I went back into the config file and edited the settings back to my usual oc/voltages so that if it crashed it would apply them on reboot.

After about an hour the rig crashed (CCL error gpu 5)it rebooted and it restarted claymore with my usual settings. I noticed that the power usage at the wall had jumped up to around 1285w and HWinfo was showing gpu power usage of around 120w per card. HWinfo and GPU-z were showing that my GPU's were running at the usual clocks/voltages 1150/2200 900/950 so I stopped Claymore and manually restarted my rig.

When it restarted the MB done the initial single beep before posting then tripple beeped and wouldn't post. I powered off the rig, 'flicked the PSU switches off and let it still for a few mins. Powered the rig back up again and same result (single beep, tripple beep not posting).
I powered off the rig unplugged GPU 0 and GPU 1 at the MB, swapped them over (gpu 0 to pcie 1x slot gpu 1 to pcie 16x slot) and the rig posted then booted to Windows went into device manager and it was only picking up 5 of the 6 GPU's (not the GPU that was previously GPU 0).

I shut down the rig, unplugged the GPU at the riser and PSU and rebooted (posted and booted to Windows with no issues), I started Claymore (started mining fine) and when I checked HWinfo/GPU-z same result previous clock/voltage settings with higher gpu power usage (120w per card) than usual.

I stopped Claymore, shut down the rig, unplugged the rig at the wall, put GPU's in there original positions, moved the bios switch on the GPU that wasn't being picked up to 'silent mode' and booted the rig up.

It posted and booted into Windows but was running really odd, mouse movements, opening windows etc were slow and sluggish. I then moved the bios switch back to original position then used ATIflash via cmd to 're flash all cards back to original bios, uninstalled driver via DDU and rebooted the rig. Reinstalled blockchain driver, rebooted and mouse movements, opening windows etc were still slow and sluggish.

Used ATIflash via cmd and flashed all GPU'S with bios I had them running on previously (one click Polaris Bios Editor). Applied atikmdag-patcher and rebooted, things were still running slow and sluggish, ran claymore and it started mining with all 6 GPU'S at original config setting, getting the same Mh/s but all the GPU's are still using more power than they usually would (120w per GPU and whole rig 1285w at wall).

Apologies for how long this is but I wanted to give a good idea on what is happening, what I have tried already etc.

Thoughts? Anyone had a similar issue that the have managed to resolve? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Ps

How do I put this into one of the 'box thing's' so it doesn't take up so much room on the page?

try to lower your Clocks

This is what I've found too with dual mining.  11.3 or 11.4 you have to slow down the cards to get stability but still 4% incorrect shares.

With 11.0 I get slightly slower speeds vs the same card speed but I can turn them up more with stability. I dont have any incorrect shares so far a couple hours in.  The effective speed is much higher.

The incorrect shares is due to the speed boost claymore did, claymore increased memory intensity for the boost and now to make it right people need to reduce their memory clock speed.

Confirming this, I was force to lower my clocks as I've seen many incorrect shares
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
This is what I've found too with dual mining.  11.3 or 11.4 you have to slow down the cards to get stability but still 4% incorrect shares.

With 11.0 I get slightly slower speeds vs the same card speed but I can turn them up more with stability. I dont have any incorrect shares so far a couple hours in.  The effective speed is much higher.

Is it also possible those with modified ram straps are seeing more issues?
Activity: 7
Finally the last version of claymore is stable on my rigs. After some problems, now everything is working just fine. Thanks!

What version did you come from and what changes did you make? Gains?
Activity: 168

this is my theory as well.

i have sleepless nights already trying to stabilize my rig.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Activity: 182
Merit: 13
I saw a post over here from npool asking everyone that mine just with GPUs, to try mine using cpu too. I do the test and even my G4400 is dong very well with some altcoins, using just 1thread. So, thanks for the tip, and I really think that is something very nice to do.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Finally the last version of claymore is stable on my rigs. After some problems, now everything is working just fine. Thanks!
Activity: 21

Code:

-cclock 1150
-cvddc 900
-mvddc 950
-mclock 2200

My usual power usage at the wall (when dual mining ETH and XVG) is 1070W, HWinfo usually shows gpu chip power of  97w per card.

-cclock 1150
-cvddc 875
-mvddc 925
-mclock 2150

Ps

Thanks cryptoillusion1
nah, save the hassle. reverted back to v11

no matter what i do with downclocking, i always get random incorrect shares. i dont know whats up with this higher hashrates on latest claymores, but its randomly throwing me a lot of incorrect shares.

This is what I've found too with dual mining.  11.3 or 11.4 you have to slow down the cards to get stability but still 4% incorrect shares.

With 11.0 I get slightly slower speeds vs the same card speed but I can turn them up more with stability. I dont have any incorrect shares so far a couple hours in.  The effective speed is much higher.
Activity: 80
Ethminer for my nvidia rigs is the best. Very stable hashrate, no drops like Claymore. And my accepted hasrate on pool is quite always above my reported. But need more time to tweek gpus memory, what is good for Claymore and Phoenix, is not good for ethminer = neccessary to find new frequencies.

Can you comment "But need more time to tweek gpus memory, what is good for Claymore and Phoenix, is not good for ethminer = neccessary to find new frequencies."?

May be you can give me in PM your OC settings for Claymore and for ethminer to compare them to understand how can I play with my settings?
Hello everyone
I wanted to know if your antivirus was not alarmed by Claymore's latest executable.
This is the first time I have this kind of detection, I got the client on Bitcointalk on the Claymore post, both Mega and Googledrive.
I sent the report on the total virus and it shows me this kind of analysis, nothing reassuring

This is because all av detect miners as a virus-also read FAQ on Page 1

1.Create a folder MINERS (or any name) - add this folder to windows defender exclusion list
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

If required
2.switch OFF windows defender real time protection and download miner to the above folder
3. switch ON windows defender real time protection
Activity: 24
I need a little help guys. I have one AMD card (will be adding more) to my 7 card Nidvia rig. I only want to use Claymore for the AMD card. This is my bat file, but it's still running all the cards. Can someone tell me what I need to do to tweak it?

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

-di 0

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:14444 -ewal 0xfe943a6dabf68375754d07044812f76a0dd01d64 -epsw x

Insert -di 0 into config.txt

Seems to have done it. Thanks again.

Yeah, it's still reading all cards. I don't get  it.

Couldn't you add this to single out AMD cards?   "-platform 1"
Jump to: