Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 4. (Read 6588443 times)

Activity: 639
Merit: 19

Phoenix miner too is now working with 4GB (similar to lolminer) I run it on linux with my old 4GB cards.

no it isn't on windows. Out of memory, 4.02 gbytes allocation...

In Windows lolMiner is working, and you have the bat file to use It... The speed each Epoch will get reduced in All miners but you are still able to mine ETH with 4Gb in Windows
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0

Phoenix miner too is now working with 4GB (similar to lolminer) I run it on linux with my old 4GB cards.

no it isn't on windows. Out of memory, 4.02 gbytes allocation...
Activity: 325
Merit: 2
Claymore Dev is not dead just changed its name to Phoenix Dev It's just the same person just a different name I guess Best wishes for 2021 people ....

that's a quite funny guess if you'll take this into account - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31316061

Roll Eyes
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
You can still mine with 4GB cards with a special miner software called lolminer. It has a method to somehow mine even if the DAG is larger than 4GB. Sounds amazing doesn’t it? Yes but there are a few issues.

One of them is that every new DAG the speed slows down by a large margin while consumption remains the same. The first DAG where Phoenix miner stopped working for me, I got 28.5mhs from my regular 29.5mhs. Now a few dags later and it’s down to 22mhs. Basically every dag it slows down by 1mhs or so. So good for maybe another month and then time to upgrade the GPUs.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
You can still mine with 4GB cards with a special miner software called lolminer. It has a method to somehow mine even if the DAG is larger than 4GB. Sounds amazing doesn’t it? Yes but there are a few issues.

One of them is that every new DAG the speed slows down by a large margin while consumption remains the same. The first DAG where Phoenix miner stopped working for me, I got 28.5mhs from my regular 29.5mhs. Now a few dags later and it’s down to 22mhs. Basically every dag it slows down by 1mhs or so. So good for maybe another month and then time to upgrade the GPUs.
Activity: 269
Merit: 102
Tried to mine, but always getting
13:08:12:540   1288   Setting DAG epoch #385 for GPU0
13:08:12:540   1288   Create GPU buffer for GPU0
13:08:12:548   1288   CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

4GB video ram, 8 gb ram, 32 gb virtual memory isnt enough?

If I am not mistaken, the fix is to allow cards with 6GB or 8GB to continue using Claymore's miner. ETH dag is larger than 4GB now so 4GB cards still won't work.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Tried to mine, but always getting
13:08:12:540   1288   Setting DAG epoch #385 for GPU0
13:08:12:540   1288   Create GPU buffer for GPU0
13:08:12:548   1288   CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

4GB video ram, 8 gb ram, 32 gb virtual memory isnt enough?
Activity: 220
Eth+Zil Pool: https://k1pool.com/invite/895eb075 !
Claymore Dev is not dead just changed its name to Phoenix Dev It's just the same person just a different name I guess Best wishes for 2021 people ....
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
@JeffJohnsonTheNameYouKnow @manikminer Thanks, GMINER solved it for me!

gminer applied a fix too

Change to other miner is better option. Also with supp from developers
Activity: 325
I've finally released my

More Epochs mod v1.0 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Epochs 385+ works now!

Visit https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/more-epochs-mod-v11-for-claymore-eth-miner-15-epochs-385-work-new-version-5305046
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
@JeffJohnsonTheNameYouKnow @manikminer Thanks, GMINER solved it for me!
Activity: 2
I understand that Claymore miner is done now, but using 1080 Ti cards with every other miner I get ~18MH/s instead of ~47MH/s if the DAG is over 4GB in benchmark modes (win 8.1). What am I missing? Linux works well so I'm guessing it's some driver or windows limitation? Is there a workaround?

Use GMINER it works fine with Windows 7 and 8.

Nobody else has fixed the problem yet.

Thank you very much for your help, now i have my MH"s BACK! Cheesy . Works properly with Windows 7, Geforce 1060 6GB!
Activity: 2
I understand that Claymore miner is done now, but using 1080 Ti cards with every other miner I get ~18MH/s instead of ~47MH/s if the DAG is over 4GB in benchmark modes (win 8.1). What am I missing? Linux works well so I'm guessing it's some driver or windows limitation? Is there a workaround?

I had same problem, for 2 weeks Sad..now i solved this issue!. You have to run Gminer https://github.com/develsoftware/GMinerRelease/releases

lolMiner is working great... with very good Watts improve
What GPU you have? If nvidia cards can you share some config let me test just want to have some improvements on my hashrate and power.

I have 3080's in mix Rigs. I'm getting 95Mhs with 214W or 100Mhs with 237W.
I used it also for the very low Watts consumption with the Navi's
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
Had the same problem on windows and couldn't find the issue.
Switched to HiveOS in despair.
The first time I had this problem was because of lack of memory on the motherboard so I added 4Go on each rig.
But since dag 384 I also had the same issue and couldn't find a solution.
Changed the drivers, reinstalled the OS, tested various miners, checked Bios config, no luck.
You can test with windows 10 but if it fails go to linux
Activity: 204
Merit: 10

You need to use the ETHEnlargement Pill. That tool will asjust the timing of the 1080ti to give 47+ mh/s.
Most mining os support the pill by defualt.
Activity: 41

Use GMINER it works fine with Windows 7 and 8.

Nobody else has fixed the problem yet.
Pages:
Jump to: