Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 10. (Read 6588443 times)

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
I don't mind the honestly won millions but
I don't understand people that accept to be lied: you have been charged 1.3% when it is clearly stated that you should be charged 1%.

Oh, another newbie states that I'm a thief. I don't care when you get crazy numbers like 39 or 19M$, you can even call me the richest person of this planet, I don't mind.
But if you call me a thief and state that I lie about devfee rate, show some proofs.

Oops, Sorry. I am in mistake. Your devfee is honest but your hashrate is fake with about 1.5% higher. Everybody can see that by subtracting the pool hash rate from your hashrate doesn't gives 1% (devfee) difference but gives about 2.5% which means that your real hashrate is about 1.5% lower.

So you were talking about fake devfee rate 1.3%, now it's fine but there is fake hashrate 1.5%, right? Where do you take these numbers? Ok, probably you have own good source of them.
From my experience, I always see a couple of percents fluctuations in hashrate on pool side, and usually it's a bit less than miner shows because miner shows raw hashrate, i.e. it ignores devfee, stale and invalid shares, startup time, dag creation file and other minor things. But pool has to calculate miner's speed from shares only so there is some small error rate there, always. And hashrate that you see on the pool is "final" hashrate, it's always a bit lower.
Anyway, if you don't like hashrate that you see, or don't believe it - just use some other miner that shows better numbers or numbers that you believe. I even saw reports like "I tried miner X and now I see +10% shares on pool", so some people think that they get a lot more than 1.5% after changing miner Smiley You can try this way too and find the best miner for you, no one forces you to use my miner if you don't like it.
PS. I assume that you don't use "devfee cut" tools or cracks, in this case miner really may show some fake hashrate, read Readme for details.
Forget the network connections and pools. I really have my own great source of data - it's called common sense. Just take all the shares (accepted + incorrect + rejected) from your log and the averaged stated speed (this needs some elementary programming skills - not applicable to 99.5% of the people who will read this) also from your log for a statistically long enough period (a week, a month or more). Use some basic math (I am not gonna give free math lessons here) having in mind the difficulty of the pool and if you have applied the math properly you will easily find that the stated hashrate is about 1.5% higher than the real one. As easy as pie.

You are correct, everybody can examine the logfile and find some better miner if don't like the results.
As easy as pie.

I dont know why Claymore spend time to answer thos people just have words and no DATA to proff. Btw I dont see where it say YOU HAVE TO USE this miner! I hope Claymore come back with new release.
yeah thats very funny, why he spent so much time writing it. Claymore was best miner, 
Activity: 4
Merit: 1
Same error of opencl 38 & 61 since last Sunday.
I tried to update virtual mem to 60gb & -eres 0 worked for me until last night.
I switched to Phoenix Miner but the hash rate is not significant. It seems that rxboost & straps doesn't work.
Adding the -cclock, -cvddc, -mclock, -mvddc to Phoenix Miner fixes the problem for now.
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
Same problem as others. Claymore has stopped working on my 10 rx580s. Tried Phoenixminer, it works but doesn't undervolt using -cvvdc. This is causing the rigs to draw too much power. Any suggestions?   
Change driver.
Activity: 4
Merit: 1
Same problem as others. Claymore has stopped working on my 10 rx580s. Tried Phoenixminer, it works but doesn't undervolt using -cvvdc. This is causing the rigs to draw too much power. Any suggestions?   
Activity: 82
Merit: 3
GPU 0 and 1 is running at 0 or just a few Mh/s while GPU 2 to 6 are at 30 Mh/s as they should (mining some coin with 1.3GB dag).
Similar problem with Phoenix on ETH. Yesterday all was fine mining ETH on Claymore.
Suggestions how to solve this?
Activity: 82
Merit: 3

What I liked about Claymore was Ethmanager which allowed me to quickly and easily survey the health and operations of all the GPU's in my rigs.

Ethmanager can monitor miners running Phoenix if that is important to you.
Activity: 145
All 18 of my Rx580 8gb cards stopped mining ethereum with Claymore a few hours ago. I have 21 Nvidia 1070 ti cards that can still mine with Claymore.

I've been able to get some of the rigs working with TeamRedMiner. One is giving me an issue and I am resetting the machine. The rigs have a mix of 1070 ti and rx580 cards.

This really sucks because I am using the rigs to heat the house and now I have to run the furnace until I get it all straightened out. Thanks Claymore! Or maybe he died?

What I liked about Claymore was Ethmanager which allowed me to quickly and easily survey the health and operations of all the GPU's in my rigs.

Would be nice if Claymore updated his software soon so 8 GB RX580 cards can continue to mine ETH with Claymore.
Activity: 639
Merit: 19
Anyone Claymore suddenly with DAG error?  just now?
My rig down with this error for all card, all sudden can't mine eth now?

GPU# - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU
Same here ! With 8GB GPU cards.
Do we really need to change miner ? Claymore has been a really good help till now

Yes you will if you want to continue mining ETH or ETC... ETC you should changed or you are unable to mine, for the new algo, and ETH you will have really soon because it is only able to mine to a limit EPOCH Claymore. So you should new to look for a new miner...

If you want a mix Solution that it is able to mine for Nvidia and AMD one of the best solution is lolMiner... it will also let you mine BEAM or Equihash, in case there are big movements in the coins.
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
There is no need for anything more. Just run the two miners on startup and that's it.

I am running like in the video a bit above and it's perfect.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Claymore miner died.

I am actively working on a solution to keep straps, rxboost and more optimizations working with other miner apps.
The solution already exists: Run Claymore with straps and rxboost to mine some ETH shitcoin with small DAG or in benchmark mode for epoch < 350. After that switch off all GPUs and run the other (Phoenix)Miner.

Yes. This is the solution.
Its good for 1-2 miner but for mining farms with 10-100+ miner its not an option.
I'm working on fully automate the process.
Activity: 10

GPU# - not enough GPU memory to place DAG, you cannot mine this coin with this GPU
Same here ! With 8GB GPU cards.
Do we really need to change miner ? Claymore has been a really good help till now
Activity: 220
Claymore miner died.

I am actively working on a solution to keep straps, rxboost and more optimizations working with other miner apps.
The solution already exists: Run Claymore with straps and rxboost to mine some ETH shitcoin with small DAG or in benchmark mode for epoch < 350. After that switch off all GPUs and run the other (Phoenix)Miner.
Activity: 381
Merit: 251
This works for combining Claymore straps and whichever other miner you choose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBj40ORHE7Y

Activity: 37
Claymore miner died.

Activity: 29

Activity: 20
I don't mind the honestly won millions but
I don't understand people that accept to be lied: you have been charged 1.3% when it is clearly stated that you should be charged 1%.

Oh, another newbie states that I'm a thief. I don't care when you get crazy numbers like 39 or 19M$, you can even call me the richest person of this planet, I don't mind.
But if you call me a thief and state that I lie about devfee rate, show some proofs.

Oops, Sorry. I am in mistake. Your devfee is honest but your hashrate is fake with about 1.5% higher. Everybody can see that by subtracting the pool hash rate from your hashrate doesn't gives 1% (devfee) difference but gives about 2.5% which means that your real hashrate is about 1.5% lower.

So you were talking about fake devfee rate 1.3%, now it's fine but there is fake hashrate 1.5%, right? Where do you take these numbers? Ok, probably you have own good source of them.
From my experience, I always see a couple of percents fluctuations in hashrate on pool side, and usually it's a bit less than miner shows because miner shows raw hashrate, i.e. it ignores devfee, stale and invalid shares, startup time, dag creation file and other minor things. But pool has to calculate miner's speed from shares only so there is some small error rate there, always. And hashrate that you see on the pool is "final" hashrate, it's always a bit lower.
Anyway, if you don't like hashrate that you see, or don't believe it - just use some other miner that shows better numbers or numbers that you believe. I even saw reports like "I tried miner X and now I see +10% shares on pool", so some people think that they get a lot more than 1.5% after changing miner Smiley You can try this way too and find the best miner for you, no one forces you to use my miner if you don't like it.
PS. I assume that you don't use "devfee cut" tools or cracks, in this case miner really may show some fake hashrate, read Readme for details.
Forget the network connections and pools. I really have my own great source of data - it's called common sense. Just take all the shares (accepted + incorrect + rejected) from your log and the averaged stated speed (this needs some elementary programming skills - not applicable to 99.5% of the people who will read this) also from your log for a statistically long enough period (a week, a month or more). Use some basic math (I am not gonna give free math lessons here) having in mind the difficulty of the pool and if you have applied the math properly you will easily find that the stated hashrate is about 1.5% higher than the real one. As easy as pie.

You are correct, everybody can examine the logfile and find some better miner if don't like the results.
As easy as pie.

I dont know why Claymore spend time to answer thos people just have words and no DATA to proff. Btw I dont see where it say YOU HAVE TO USE this miner! I hope Claymore come back with new release.
Activity: 74
Truly feels like the end of an era. Thanks for the lovely years of mining claymore, you will be missed by many.  Cry
For the mix Rig with low fee best option now is lolMiner...
Using NBMiner for nVidia and PhoenixMiner for AMD cards.

lolMiner missing templimit ... I'm balancing beatween silence and temp and need templimit parameters on miner ...
Activity: 639
Merit: 19
Truly feels like the end of an era. Thanks for the lovely years of mining claymore, you will be missed by many.  Cry

Completely true... it was the beginning of the big minning... but now it is out of date... time to change to something more new and with support...

For the mix Rig with low fee best option now is lolMiner...
JMK
Activity: 1
Activity: 5
Claymore where are u?
Pages:
Jump to: