Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 9. (Read 6588443 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 1
I am testing a AMD RX 570 Pulse (8 GB), with 8 GB of RAM, 16 GB file paging.
Using Claymore system says: "OpenCL error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions", altough I put -eres 0 in line command.

Now I am testing mining with Phoenixminer and there is no problem with DAG file.
How is it possible?!

basically claymore is not longer supported and has not been for some time. your only real choice at this point is to switch to another miner.
Thanks for your reply
Which miner do you advice to use?!

have a good night
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Using Claymore system says: "OpenCL error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions", altough I put -eres 0 in line command.

Now I am testing mining with Phoenixminer and there is no problem with DAG file.
How is it possible?!

basically claymore is not longer supported and has not been for some time. your only real choice at this point is to switch to another miner.
Activity: 19
Hi,
I know that is a very common issue, but me too had a problem with DAG file.

How is it possible?!

Thanks and excuse me for my bad english!
Activity: 639
Merit: 19
I found a solution for power consumption. Download OverdriveNTool and you can make every GPU like in Claymore

You are right... that's the best solution you can control the Core, Memory and fans in better way and change the profile as you want. Only taking care not to use a AMD Driver higher than 20.4.2... that's my combination of the swap I made.

20.4.2 + OverdriveNTool + lolMiner. So I can mine ETH and ETC and change fast the parameters when I want to jump to Beam all with the same miner.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi all,

Has anyone found a fix for the issue with opencl error -38 - cannot write buffer for dag and opencl error -61 - cannot allocate big buffer for dag? I've tried eres -0, eres -2, reinstalling drivers. I am using RX580 8GB with the Crimson ReLive drivers for mining but I am still getting this error message. Is Claymore really dead? Some people seem to be using it still?

So far the only solution I have not tried is to switch to Phoenix. Has anyone tried that:

"or just switch to PhoenixMiner_5.3b_Windows , you basically can use the same Start.bat file , replace
EthDcrMiner64.exe to PhoenixMiner.exe and change the tag before your wallet address from -ewal to -wal .

If you are on windows you should run the miner program as a admin first ..."

and does it work? Any feedback?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I found a solution for power consumption. Download OverdriveNTool and you can make every GPU like in Claymore
Activity: 145
Merit: 12

What I liked about Claymore was Ethmanager which allowed me to quickly and easily survey the health and operations of all the GPU's in my rigs.

Ethmanager can monitor miners running Phoenix if that is important to you.
I can't get Phoenix miner to run. It quits out after I start it.

Here's a typical Claymore batch file for one of my rigs. There's 13 GPUs per rig: 7x1070ti and 6xRX580. All cards have 8GB RAM:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
C:\Users\me\Desktop\CLAYMORE15\EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal mywallet.myrig -dbg -1 -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -eres 2 -di 0123456789abc -rxboost 1,1,1,1,1,1 -strap 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 -cclock 1130,1130,1130,1130,1130,1130,+100,+100,+100,+100,+100,+100,+100 -mclock 2100,2200,2200,2200,2200,2200,+600,+600,+600,+600,+600,+600,+600 -cvddc 850,850,850,850,850,850 -mvddc 850,850,850,850,850,850 -fanmin 60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60 -fanmax 60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60

Can Phoenix use similar commands?

I was getting around 420 mh/s per rig. A year ago I was getting close to 430 mh/s per rig but the hashrate started to drop for all the cards.

My recommendation is that you put driver 20.4.2 AMD and use OverdriveNTool to put the voltage and Memory.

And later just run the miner... in your case with lolMiner will be:
lolMiner.exe -a ETHASH --pool us1.ethermine.org:4444 --user mywallet.myrig --pass x

All the other parameters with OverdriveNTool you can control them Easy.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

For now I got them all mining again. 1070ti cards on Claymore and RX580 cards on TeamRedMiner. I have a 1080ti sitting idle at the moment because I am using it for work. I also have a EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra sitting in a box right next to me. I'll be installing that as my main work GPU but will probably mine with it when not working. I plan on getting another identical 3090 soon and will mine with that 24/7 until I am ready to start using it for 3D work.

I am able to monitor all the rigs with MinerMonitoring version 1.21. However it is not as complete as Claymore's manager. Below is a comparison of the two side by side. Claymore is not able to monitor the TeamRedMiners. But as you can see it is organized better and you can move miners up and down the list and rearrange as needed. Also easier to edit miners. And it has the miner console option as well. I am sure MinerMonitoring will get better over time.

What I liked about Claymore was Ethmanager which allowed me to quickly and easily survey the health and operations of all the GPU's in my rigs.

Here's a typical Claymore batch file for one of my rigs. There's 13 GPUs per rig: 7x1070ti and 6xRX580. All cards have 8GB RAM:

C:\Users\me\Desktop\CLAYMORE15\EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal mywallet.myrig -dbg -1 -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10 -eres 2 -di 0123456789abc -rxboost 1,1,1,1,1,1 -strap 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 -cclock 1130,1130,1130,1130,1130,1130,+100,+100,+100,+100,+100,+100,+100 -mclock 2100,2200,2200,2200,2200,2200,+600,+600,+600,+600,+600,+600,+600 -cvddc 850,850,850,850,850,850 -mvddc 850,850,850,850,850,850 -fanmin 60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60 -fanmax 60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60,60

I was getting around 420 mh/s per rig. A year ago I was getting close to 430 mh/s per rig but the hashrate started to drop for all the cards.

My recommendation is that you put driver 20.4.2 AMD and use OverdriveNTool to put the voltage and Memory.

And later just run the miner... in your case with lolMiner will be:
lolMiner.exe -a ETHASH --pool us1.ethermine.org:4444 --user mywallet.myrig --pass x

All the other parameters with OverdriveNTool you can control them Easy.
Activity: 145

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138
After seen lot of people having problems now with Claymore, and the big crash of yesterday I have made an easy table of how to continue mining with another miner, that is able to mine with Nvidia and AMD.

or just switch to PhoenixMiner_5.3b_Windows , you basically can use the same Start.bat file , replace
EthDcrMiner64.exe to PhoenixMiner.exe and change the tag before your wallet address from -ewal to -wal .

If you are on windows you should run the miner program as a admin first ...

Completely true... also in the download of lolMiner you have also bat files for ETH, ETC, BEAM, Equihash and other big quantity of algos... and the Zombie Mode for ETH 4Gb cards too.
This smells like spam. I am just LOL on your statement that lolminer is better than Phoenixminer.

Can you show where jgonzi made the statement you accuse him of?  Ive not found it.  I see jgonzi listing ways to run PM or LOL for users with problems on claymore.

I also note the conversation quoted above where you were both disrespectful to claymore and handed your ass in a polite manner by him for your ignorant and false claims.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE THAT CLAYMORE IS/WAS SHOWING 1.5% HIGHER HASHRATE THAN THE REAL. IF YOU CAN'T COUNT YOUR SHARES FROM YOUR LOG FILES AND THE AVERAGE STATED HASHRATE FROM CLAYMORE THEN YOU MUST HAVE A SERIOIUS BRAIN DAMAGE!!!

By the way PhoenixMiner also offers better zombie mode for 4 GB cards (with -daglim parameter) with higher hashrate than lolminer. Again you are not informed or don't want to accept the facts.

I never said LOL offer best zombie mode or that it was the only one.  You seem to have difficulty with reading comprehension.  You keep sticking words into peoples mouths and claiming things that are untrue with no proof.

Again with your BS...answer the first question asked...show me where jgonzi stated as you said "I am just LOL on your statement that lolminer is better than Phoenixminer. " ....

Because you cant...you sir are nothing but a liar.  

You are also wrong about having to use encrypted port on the PM thread.  You have been shown to be wrong by both myself and another miner , yorics.  As we are both using PM and mining to ethermine on the 4444....  

Then you again make wild unproven claims about claymore.   Claymore miner was the fastest by far for the last few years and is still for me on the 5 rigs i currently still run it on.  You seem not to understand a lot about mining as noted by your poor attitude, and treatment of devs and also by your straight up WRONG answers.  Its comical how you come back and want to trash talk certain folks who have all done way more for miners than you ever will.  

After seen lot of people having problems now with Claymore, and the big crash of yesterday I have made an easy table of how to continue mining with another miner, that is able to mine with Nvidia and AMD.

or just switch to PhoenixMiner_5.3b_Windows , you basically can use the same Start.bat file , replace

Completely true... also in the download of lolMiner you have also bat files for ETH, ETC, BEAM, Equihash and other big quantity of algos... and the Zombie Mode for ETH 4Gb cards too.
This smells like spam. I am just LOL on your statement that lolminer is better than Phoenixminer.

Can you show where jgonzi made the statement you accuse him of?  Ive not found it.  I see jgonzi listing ways to run PM or LOL for users with problems on claymore.

I also note the conversation quoted above where you were both disrespectful to claymore and handed your ass in a polite manner by him for your ignorant and false claims.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE THAT CLAYMORE IS/WAS SHOWING 1.5% HIGHER HASHRATE THAN THE REAL. IF YOU CAN'T COUNT YOUR SHARES FROM YOUR LOG FILES AND THE AVERAGE STATED HASHRATE FROM CLAYMORE THEN YOU MUST HAVE A SERIOIUS BRAIN DAMAGE!!!

By the way PhoenixMiner also offers better zombie mode for 4 GB cards (with -daglim parameter) with higher hashrate than lolminer. Again you are not informed or don't want to accept the facts.

PhoenixMiner is also know to give false hashrate, also PhoenixMiner make a stop when he makes the Dev Fee that's also a big time of use that is not count in that Fee time... You are a PhoenixMiner lover perfect, you have made lot of updates to have a stable version... perfect too, you have wait to the last day to have the etchash perfect  too... but that's like to be AMD or Nvidia, Intel or AMD, PS5 or Xbox Series X... but let them people know all possibilities and inform them that Claymore will not be update more... At the end, my post was to let people having problems with Claymore have good alternatives to continue mining with just a super easy change
Activity: 220

Well on one hand, I'm glad to see it wasn't just me freaking out as I walked into the same situation everyone else is this morning.  I also have AMD 8GB cards so I wasn't expecting this to occur.

I do hope that Claymore is aware and can update/fix the problem.  When first setting up my rigs I tried a few and Claymore's Dual was just the simplest/easiest to setup and get going.  Though I will take a look at PhoenixMiner again.

Am I to guess this has something to do with Eth2.0 being released yesterday?

Actually it has to do with the dag growing close to the 4gb limit.  There arr issues as well from this that have created issues on other miner software.   But as noted previously Claymore has not been active on updating.  So if you are having issues best to find another miner.  There is not much hope that Claymore is going to update.  But as ive stated on some linux systems its still working without a problem but will defintely stop soon on 4gb cards.  Devs like lolminer have provided a zombie mode for 4gb cards to keep mining but at ever increasing penalty.  Those will fail in short order as well.  But at least the active miner devs will keep mining going for all of us.
Activity: 44
Claymore needs to update miner to support a newer driver i guess :-) as the supported driver has reached its epoch limit. :-)
Activity: 57

Well on one hand, I'm glad to see it wasn't just me freaking out as I walked into the same situation everyone else is this morning.  I also have AMD 8GB cards so I wasn't expecting this to occur.

I do hope that Claymore is aware and can update/fix the problem.  When first setting up my rigs I tried a few and Claymore's Dual was just the simplest/easiest to setup and get going.  Though I will take a look at PhoenixMiner again.

Am I to guess this has something to do with Eth2.0 being released yesterday?

Can you show where jgonzi made the statement you accuse him of?  Ive not found it.  I see jgonzi listing ways to run PM or LOL for users with problems on claymore.

Activity: 220

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

SAMPLE USAGE with lolMiner:

https://github.com/Lolliedieb/lolMiner-releases/releases

Ethereum-only mining:

ethermine:
  lolMiner.exe --algo ETHASH --pool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 --user WALLET.RIG  --pass x

ethpool:
   lolMiner.exe --algo ETHASH --pool us1.ethpool.org:3333 --user WALLET.RIG  --pass x

sparkpool:
   lolMiner.exe --algo ETHASH --pool eth-us.sparkpool.com:3333  --user WALLET.RIG --pass x

f2pool:
    lolMiner.exe --algo ETHASH --pool eth.f2pool.com:8008  --user WALLET.RIG --pass x

nanopool:
   lolMiner.exe --algo ETHASH --pool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -user WALLET/RIG/EMAIL --pass x

or

lolMiner.exe --algo ETHASH --pool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -user WALLET --pass x

nicehash:

lolMiner.exe --algo ETHASH --pool stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.eu.nicehash.com:3353 --user WALLET.RIG --pass x --ethstratum ETHV1

miningpoolhub

lolMiner.exe --algo ETHASH --pool us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535 --user USERNAME.RIG --pass x --ethstratum ETHV1

Ethereum forks mining like ETC:

lolMiner.exe --algo ETCHASH --pool pool --user WALLET.RIG
Pages:
Jump to: