Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 6. (Read 6588443 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
It wasn't working for me since this morning

Error was: ¨GpuMiner cu_kd2c failed 77 (0), an illegal memory access was encountered¨

1060 6gb ssc
windows 10
claymore v15

I replaced -eres 0 by -eres 2 and it works again. Not sure for how long it will be working, but in my case, so no need to change the miner yet.

Activity: 3
rx5700 drop from 50mhs to 3 mhs @ linux system
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
Shitshow, Miner finally died on a Christmas morning...
Switch to trex and getting 18-20 MH/s instead of 35MH/s on 1070ti no matter the setting. What the hell?

what is your OS?

1080ti from ~48MH to ~18MH on windows 7...on windows 10 1080ti still at ~48MH
Activity: 19
Shitshow, Miner finally died on a Christmas morning...
Switch to trex and getting 18-20 MH/s instead of 35MH/s on 1070ti no matter the setting. What the hell?
Activity: 83
The problem is not in Claymore itself, but in old drivers where there was a software restriction on the use of OCL VRAM of no more than 4 gigs, this is clearly visible if you open GPU-Z.

Install the new drivers on 20.9.1 and everything will work right away, just remove the stripe settings because the OCL API has changed in the new drivers and Claymore does not understand it, otherwise the rig immediately goes into reboot.

Use the amdmemtweak tool instead of stripes.

The output is the same hashes with the same stability and no errors.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
I swapped to another miner, -eres 0 was giving me substantially lower hr on 1070ti, 1080ti, 3090, 3060ti cards I have.

I'd say what I moved to but all the other miner software still don't compare poolside to claymore and I'm not happy about it, about 10mh/s less than expected than the 20mh/s + than expected poolside I was getting from claymore just a few days ago.  

Claymore and PhoenixMiner have inflated Mhs... is normal if you change miner that you will see real Mhs (lolMiner, TRM, ... )and not inflated.

I must have not been clear, Claymore gave me better results poolside in share count and hr, than what it displayed locally compared to other software.
Activity: 639
Merit: 19
I swapped to another miner, -eres 0 was giving me substantially lower hr on 1070ti, 1080ti, 3090, 3060ti cards I have.

I'd say what I moved to but all the other miner software still don't compare poolside to claymore and I'm not happy about it, about 10mh/s less than expected than the 20mh/s + than expected poolside I was getting from claymore just a few days ago.  

Claymore and PhoenixMiner have inflated Mhs... is normal if you change miner that you will see real Mhs (lolMiner, TRM, ... )and not inflated.
We are not retail.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
What is the difference between -eres 0 and -eres 3 ?

I saw some people suggesting to use -eres 3 and I'm using this and seems to be working.
Thx!

What eres command does is saves extra space on your GDDR when you first run the program and it creates the DAG. So -eres 3 loads the next 3 dags space difference. It does this because usually when there is a new DAG created and you need to rewrite it on your GPU, sometimes a crash can occur. So why the default is -eres 2. So it loads 2 extra DAG space onto your current dag.

When people started to run out of space, they changed the -eres to 1 or 0 because it loaded less on the GDDR and managed to get mining started. However it was only a temporarily fix. So -eres 3 will run out of space earlier than -eres 0 which doesn't preload any extra DAG space.

Let me know if this makes sense, its really hard to explain.
Activity: 4
-eres 0 Got it working again, though not sure how well or for how long.

Thanks a lot for the info its work for 1060.last few days  with phonix 5.3 i just got half a reported Hashrate as Current hashrate !! with 100% valid share but with claymore only 10% lower thad reportet hash.
Activity: 68
Merit: 2
For all Claymore refugees, I recommend Phoenix. ~5 minutes to move my config over, and identical hashrates between the two on my 1070
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Thanks claymore,  now will have to try other miners :-)
Activity: 200
Merit: 3

-eres 1 worked for me, didn't try eres 0 yet but maybe not necessary

Documentation from page 1:

-eres   this setting is related to Ethereum mining stability. Every next Ethereum epoch requires a bit more GPU memory, miner can crash during reallocating GPU buffer for new DAG.
   To avoid it, miner reserves a bit larger GPU buffer at startup, so it can process several epochs without buffer reallocation.
   This setting defines how many epochs miner must foresee when it reserves GPU buffer, i.e. how many epochs will be processed without buffer reallocation. Default value is 2.

As far as I could understand, we have only few days for migrating on alternate miner. Maybe week, but no more. Am I right?

>> Maybe week, but no more. Am I right?

Use parameter
Code:
 -Eres 0
. This will give you one more Epoch (30'000 blocks) or about 3 days.
Activity: 1

-eres   this setting is related to Ethereum mining stability. Every next Ethereum epoch requires a bit more GPU memory, miner can crash during reallocating GPU buffer for new DAG.
   To avoid it, miner reserves a bit larger GPU buffer at startup, so it can process several epochs without buffer reallocation.
   This setting defines how many epochs miner must foresee when it reserves GPU buffer, i.e. how many epochs will be processed without buffer reallocation. Default value is 2.

As far as I could understand, we have only few days for migrating on alternate miner. Maybe week, but no more. Am I right?
Activity: 11

Activity: 269
Merit: 102
Thanks for the info, it helped get my 1070 TI/1080 rig back and working. With Phoenix I lost 20MH/s so glad it got back to normal again!
We are not retail.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
that is it, this miner is dead, claymore made this miner to work only up to 383 on eth.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
If Satoshi ever moved a single of his 1million+ coins, It would cause some serious panic and anxiety.. He has the power the dump BTC down to $1 if he dumped all those coins on the market for whatever reason.. Investors know this and monitor all those old address.. A single coin hasn't moved from those early days.. You'd know if it did by the storm on Twitter etc

I believe that if any of that was to begin to move BTC and altcoins would crash fairly quick just from the fear that the wallet(s) became compromised and someone was going to sell it all. I know that I would!
Then when the price of BTC goes down to the triple digits, use all of the billions of dollars (USD) that you earned from selling it to buy it all back up again!
Activity: 306
Merit: 2
If Satoshi ever moved a single of his 1million+ coins, It would cause some serious panic and anxiety.. He has the power the dump BTC down to $1 if he dumped all those coins on the market for whatever reason.. Investors know this and monitor all those old address.. A single coin hasn't moved from those early days.. You'd know if it did by the storm on Twitter etc
Pages:
Jump to: