Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 63. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Is anyone aware of any issues with v15.0 specifically for related to solo mining?  I've been solo mining and upgraded to Claymore v15 shortly before the DAG300 requirement and have not hit a block in about 90 days.  Statistically it should be every 15 days for the rigs I operate, though that varies a lot, I've never ran into a dry spell like this. The only thing that really changed was going from v14 to v15.  The rigs are still getting work every time the block is solved so it appears as though they are mining. For more technical detail I mine to a parity node using stratum (-asm 2) and have been for a couple of years.

Thanks for any help!

This is the big risk with solo mining, especially when your average is 15 days. You can go 90 days and not hit a block and it can be variance or there could be something wrong with your software. Since you haven't hit any blocks with the new software, its impossible to tell whether its variance or something wrong with the code.

I think only Claymore can investigate this since I am fairly sure that 99% of the people here all pool mine.

Is there any reason why you are solomining? Is it just to save the 1% of the fees?

My advice, just switch to ETC mining for a few days and you should hit a block faster, if you do then obviously the setup works and you just hit bad luck, but if you can't find an ETC block then something wrong with the software.

I'm aware of the risk of solo, I always enjoyed it and likened it to gambling.  I was able to sync the ropsten blockchain (testnet) and mined against it and hit block rewards, which would indicate the software is setup correctly.  The only thing that ropsten doesn't replicate is the post-300th DAG.  I just thought I'd see if anyone else crazy enough to solo mine was experiencing the same issue.  Mining ETC would be a good recommendation since its on epoc #316. 

Activity: 58
вce пpивeт!

Ктo-нибyдь пpoвepял чepeз oпцию -benchmark, дo кaкoй эпoxи paбoтaют 4ГБ видeoкapты?

y мeня пoлyчилocь тoлькo -benchmark 352 (пpимepнo 3,75Gb), ecли взять эпoxy вышe, тo yжe выдaёт oшибкy(((

пpoвepял нa windows и нa hiveos

a в oпиcaниe вpoдe нaпиcaнo чтo paбoтaeт дo 384 эпoxи

-----------------------------

Hi everybody!

Has anyone checked through the -benchmark option before what era 4GB video cards work?

I only got -benchmark 352 (about 3.75Gb), if you take the era above, it already gives an error (((

checked on windows and on hiveos

and the description seems to say that it works until the 384 era
Activity: 585
Merit: 110
Hello everyone!

I am completely new to ET/ETC mining so can you please suggest me on latest mining setup based on 3-6 GPUs? Anyone?

Regards

there are literally infinite tutorials available when you search in the google for this in form of video or blog etc
still i will give you a basic rundown
install windows and use risers to connect multiple gpus in your mob
after they are detected
just install the graphics driver
download the miner and execute it
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Is anyone aware of any issues with v15.0 specifically for related to solo mining?  I've been solo mining and upgraded to Claymore v15 shortly before the DAG300 requirement and have not hit a block in about 90 days.  Statistically it should be every 15 days for the rigs I operate, though that varies a lot, I've never ran into a dry spell like this. The only thing that really changed was going from v14 to v15.  The rigs are still getting work every time the block is solved so it appears as though they are mining. For more technical detail I mine to a parity node using stratum (-asm 2) and have been for a couple of years.

Thanks for any help!

This is the big risk with solo mining, especially when your average is 15 days. You can go 90 days and not hit a block and it can be variance or there could be something wrong with your software. Since you haven't hit any blocks with the new software, its impossible to tell whether its variance or something wrong with the code.

I think only Claymore can investigate this since I am fairly sure that 99% of the people here all pool mine.

Is there any reason why you are solomining? Is it just to save the 1% of the fees?

My advice, just switch to ETC mining for a few days and you should hit a block faster, if you do then obviously the setup works and you just hit bad luck, but if you can't find an ETC block then something wrong with the software.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Hello everyone!

I am completely new to ET/ETC mining so can you please suggest me on latest mining setup based on 3-6 GPUs? Anyone?

Regards
Activity: 3

Thanks for any help!
legendary
Hi guys,

Have we need to update our miners to the 1 jan ETH fork?

Regards

Depends.

I am assuming you are just mining thru a pool and the pool has to update their software, not you. Usually pools always do this ahead of time and they usually post on their blog or twitter feed that they are ready for the fork.

If you are mining solo then you will need to update your ethereum software, however I am assuming this doesn't apply to you. People rarely solo mine ethereum these days due to the huge hashrate. If you keep your ETH on your ethereum client however you will need to update if you plan on spending them, if you don't then you will just have sync issues until your update.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Hi guys,

Regards

It will not affect mining software at all, If you are running an Ethereum client you will need to upgrade:
https://ethernodes.org/muir_glacier
Activity: 296
Hi guys,

Regards
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
Don't know if you guys have heard but apparently there is a fork coming up on New Years Day to delay the Ice age once again. For some reason I have no idea why they decided to make a hard-fork on a holiday which is celebrated in most of the world. They had issues with this before when they made a testnet launch on a weekend and they ran into issues since many devs took the weekend off. Most likely same will happen on New Years day with all the devs being hung over or passed out instead of watching the fork and taking action if there are any issues.

Anyways its going to bring the block times back to 13 seconds because we are currently at 17 seconds according to,
https://etherscan.io/chart/blocktime

So it should make mining slightly more profitable than currently which is record low mining profitability levels since maybe 2015.

Increase of blocktime from 13 to 17 seconds is reducing the amount of eth given out to miners by 3000 eth per day. :-)

it will reduce the block time from the current 17 to the previous 13 per second
You understood it wrong  Roll Eyes

it will create more ETH per mining hour
hoping that the price will remain the same or will go up, will give miners much more profit, but I'm seeing the scenario where ETH is going backwards with the value  Sad
I think that he wrote about current situation Smiley so 3k ETH/day are now lost (or not created) because of rising difficulty and block time.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
Don't know if you guys have heard but apparently there is a fork coming up on New Years Day to delay the Ice age once again. For some reason I have no idea why they decided to make a hard-fork on a holiday which is celebrated in most of the world. They had issues with this before when they made a testnet launch on a weekend and they ran into issues since many devs took the weekend off. Most likely same will happen on New Years day with all the devs being hung over or passed out instead of watching the fork and taking action if there are any issues.

Anyways its going to bring the block times back to 13 seconds because we are currently at 17 seconds according to,

So it should make mining slightly more profitable than currently which is record low mining profitability levels since maybe 2015.

Increase of blocktime from 13 to 17 seconds is reducing the amount of eth given out to miners by 3000 eth per day. :-)

it will reduce the block time from the current 17 to the previous 13 per second
You understood it wrong  Roll Eyes

it will create more ETH per mining hour
hoping that the price will remain the same or will go up, will give miners much more profit, but I'm seeing the scenario where ETH is going backwards with the value  Sad
Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
it is sounds good.otherwise everything in these day terrible, profits down so much that i dont want even look at my rigs.30mhs = 0.25$ per day without electricity cost.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1

legendary

Activity: 73
Merit: 3
I lost fan control on an MSI 580 with the 19.12.2 version.  Once I reach the mid-60's, the fan control goes in reverse until it gets down to 13%.  Then the temp goes into the 70's, throttles, and eventually faults.  Even setting -fanmin won't stop it from dropping down into the teens.  I need to roll way on back.  I think fan control is one of the most iffy things about Claymore's miner.
Activity: 150
Has anyone tested the new drivers AMD ?
Activity: 48
Hi, how do you run a .bat file on ubuntu? it opens the text app... thats why ima asking for help

You see that statement "if you do not know much about the linux commands then just use the GUI as it is identical to windows" is not true Smiley Forget linux if you dont know nothing. You dont run bat file in linux, you run bash file. You must run it form terminal wiht command ./start.bash . You dont have Afterburner or similar programs for linux, you must do it all by yourself  through writing  scripts...

Yes, i know that thats why my first question was is someone had a guide to using claymore on ubuntu. I don't care about afterburner i applied my configuration from claymore.

If you prefer headless linux miners, then give the simpleminingos (SMOS) a try.
It's mentioned in the OP, and it's simple and easy to use

I tried simplemining in another machine, since i installed simple mining in that rig the rig rebooted and never got to enter again so its off i dont know how to fix it.... I find that for something that you are going to pay they need to have better customer support.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
Hi, how do you run a .bat file on ubuntu? it opens the text app... thats why ima asking for help

You see that statement "if you do not know much about the linux commands then just use the GUI as it is identical to windows" is not true Smiley Forget linux if you dont know nothing. You dont run bat file in linux, you run bash file. You must run it form terminal wiht command ./start.bash . You dont have Afterburner or similar programs for linux, you must do it all by yourself  through writing  scripts...

Yes, i know that thats why my first question was is someone had a guide to using claymore on ubuntu. I don't care about afterburner i applied my configuration from claymore.

If you prefer headless linux miners, then give the simpleminingos (SMOS) a try.
It's mentioned in the OP, and it's simple and easy to use
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments

Just access the claymore folder via command line and run the command looks something like this:

ethdcrminer64 -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal . -epsw x

Activity: 48

Pages:
Jump to: