Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 839. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Good evening, i will inform you that version v9.5 does not connet to the ETHERMINE pool.
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
sorry if this has been answered, but i was wondering since the 580s are way expensive or non existent if the 1060's are the way to go and what is the hashing difference between the 2? wondering if its better to get the 1070s, etc, whats the best way to go? cost wise etc?

On my 1060 I can get 23.7 Mhs with 74W from wall. Second one 23 Mhs at 64W. Ratio W/Mhs is better then on any RX.

Are you sure of it?
I see on YouTube a rig of 6x 580 drawing 800w as well
Am I sure?? I just build my 1060 rig this week. Sure I am sure Smiley
6 x 580 rig at 800W means 125W per card. I am talking about 60 to 74W per my card. Its about 40-50% less power usage for about just 20% smaller hashrate. Just be smart...

Nice results. Do you mind sharing your TDP/core/mem settings? (please give absolute values for core and mem Wink
Did you manually lower voltage below default curve?

I still would choose 20% higher hashrate, power costs are negligible today.

No problem. Core +100, mem +950, power 60%. This Evga card can do more, but this is my sweet spot. Downside is, it can do only 100 Mhs on Sia so it's not worth to dual mine with it.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
sorry if this has been answered, but i was wondering since the 580s are way expensive or non existent if the 1060's are the way to go and what is the hashing difference between the 2? wondering if its better to get the 1070s, etc, whats the best way to go? cost wise etc?

On my 1060 I can get 23.7 Mhs with 74W from wall. Second one 23 Mhs at 64W. Ratio W/Mhs is better then on any RX.

Are you sure of it?
6 x 580 rig at 800W means 125W per card. I am talking about 60 to 74W per my card. Its about 40-50% less power usage for about just 20% smaller hashrate. Just be smart...

Nice results. Do you mind sharing your TDP/core/mem settings? (please give absolute values for core and mem Wink
Did you manually lower voltage below default curve?

I still would choose 20% higher hashrate, power costs are negligible today.

Are you sure of it?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Are you sure of it?
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Do not use Crossfire for mining, disable it.
Set the core clock to 1200MHz or lower (just enough to not affect your hashrate by a significant amount), as well as the voltage, and the memory clock as high as you can without getting any GPU Memory errors in HWinfo.
Look into BIOS modding as well, only through that will you have a shot at getting 30MH/s.

I did some bios modding and tuning is msiAB last day. HWinfo was running and showed 0 errors, but I saw glitches on the screen, and after a few mins my system froze. Tried multiple times with multiple variations but no errors in HWinfo, just glitches and crashes.
I did find the almost optimal settings, but HWinfo did not help me.
I think I missed something. Can you help me pls?
What exactly did you tune? What's your memory vendor?
Try copying the 1750MHz strap to 2000MHz if you have Micron or Samsung.

I have an asus rx 470 strix 8g oc micron memory card. BIOS (modded marked with red):
In afterburner I set -60 mV, +50% power, 1110 core clock, 2000 mem clock.
I did look good, and mining  ETH only it worked at least 20 mins, but dual ETH+DCR glitches came, than crash, but HWinfo showed nothing.
The problem with Strix is that they lack memory cooling, so far from what I've seen memory errors should appear, but I guess it's not always the case?
Can you try finding and installing something like these: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118220 which are VGA RAM heatsinks? (if there's enough clearance)
Otherwise, try putting some normal thermal pads, may not do as good a job but will certainly help.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I tried to use v9.5 - first time it recognized it as a virus, so I am unable to even download it Sad
Win 10, tried both from Mega and Google.

I think that's not the point. I disabled AV, downloaded your ZIP, unzipped, tried to run. But after restart Windows again removed some malicous files and since that time I even cannot run v9.5. It simply closes itself right after double click on my .bat.

It works fine on my Windows 10 system. But I disabled autoupdates, defender etc a long time ago.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
I need some help for this error:
GPU0, OpenCL error -4 (0) - cannot create DAG on GPU
gpu amd r9 380 4gb
OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP 1800.8
solved - installed last driver and setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
I tried to use v9.5 - first time it recognized it as a virus, so I am unable to even download it Sad

I think that's not the point. I disabled AV, downloaded your ZIP, unzipped, tried to run. But after restart Windows again removed some malicous files and since that time I even cannot run v9.5. It simply closes itself right after double click on my .bat.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Hey Claymore, thanks a lot for adding suggested fan alert Smiley
donator
Miners developer

It seems I will have to use RAR or 7ZIP archive with some password soon... Or may be these paranoid AVs just check filename.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Ready the tar and feathers, here I come with one of the noobest questions on this thread, sorry in advance for that, but I need a brief explaination :

What's ethman, exactly ?

[woooooow... can already feel the dark stares]  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
How do use new version 9.5 with nicehash guys?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
- EthMan: added ability to enable/disable GPUs remotely (see API.txt for tech details).

Claymore, I tried to send commands to EthDcrMiner64.exe and got a reply from EthDcrMiner64 telling, "Remote management: read-only mode, command control_gpu ignored", Any idea as to why I can't use the remote management command?

I wonder how can i get full access.

Just read "-mport" option description in Readme.

Thanks very much, that fixed it.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
VRAM gets really toasty, I'm not sure if "too high" is applicable here or not.
donator
Miners developer
- EthMan: added ability to enable/disable GPUs remotely (see API.txt for tech details).

Claymore, I tried to send commands to EthDcrMiner64.exe and got a reply from EthDcrMiner64 telling, "Remote management: read-only mode, command control_gpu ignored", Any idea as to why I can't use the remote management command?

Just read "-mport" option description in Readme.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Jump to: