Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 882. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
 PASC: 05/17/17-02:03:40 - New job from pasc-us-east1.nanopool.org:15555
ETH: 05/17/17-02:03:42 - New job from eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999
ETH - Total Speed: 195.602 Mh/s, Total Shares: 418, Rejected: 0, Time: 03:11
ETH: GPU0 29.219 Mh/s, GPU1 29.238 Mh/s, GPU2 29.215 Mh/s, GPU3 29.225 Mh/s, GPU4 0.00 Mh/s, GPU5 20.273 Mh/s, GPU6 29.227 Mh/s
 PASC - Total Speed: 1956.021 Mh/s, Total Shares: 594, Rejected: 7
 PASC: GPU0 292.191 Mh/s, GPU1 292.377 Mh/s, GPU2 292.145 Mh/s, GPU3 292.245 Mh/s, GPU4 0.00 Mh/s, GPU5 202.734 Mh/s, GPU6 292.273 Mh/s

Because it is GPU4 error; 0.000?

Activity: 72
I have an Asrock H81 BTC v.2 motherboard with (6) XFX RX 480 8 GB Black Edition cards. I use MSI Afterburner and can adjust voltage, memory, etc. Today, I decided to try changing the primary video from PCI-E to "onboard". When I did this, my total MH/s went up by about 6 BUT Claymore stopped displaying the GPU temperature and fan speed and MSI stopped working. It reports the temperature as 32F, the clock speed 0, and I can't adjust the voltage or fan speed.

Has anyone else experienced this? What would cause that behavior?

Thank you for your help.

Brian

It is normal behavior. Using onboard gives more hashrate compared to using the HDMI port on the card. In my case I used to get constant 'Display driver stopped working' message which made me think of an alternative of using onboard VGA to connect. When you start your rig, configure your cards using HDMI then switch to VGA. You can check voltage on killawatt, dont have to worry about fan speed as long as you are getting constant hashrate.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
I have an Asrock H81 BTC v.2 motherboard with (6) XFX RX 480 8 GB Black Edition cards. I use MSI Afterburner and can adjust voltage, memory, etc. Today, I decided to try changing the primary video from PCI-E to "onboard". When I did this, my total MH/s went up by about 6 BUT Claymore stopped displaying the GPU temperature and fan speed and MSI stopped working. It reports the temperature as 32F, the clock speed 0, and I can't adjust the voltage or fan speed.

Thank you for your help.

Brian

I have a different board but an H81 chipset. It has the same issue. Can't use onboard video because Afterburner can't see the GPUs when it's enabled.
Activity: 15

Thank you for your help.

Brian

Activity: 37
Everything worked but now the issue getting over the 25-26 hurdle, every time I over clock past 1950ish my screen goes to black/blue/white and have to restart, any ideas how to overcome this?

still stuck on this, changed to multiple drivers but still cant get over 1950-2000 without my screen going to black. Anyone have this before, would like to get a higher hashrate!

You don't want the highest hash rate where the rig constantly crashes or reboots. You want it to be stable for days and days. You don't make money when it is crashed or rebooting. If the card stops mining then the settings for it are too high. Remember, each card in the same batch can have different results based on the quality of the memory chips (this is just luck). Some can be overclocked more than others. I know a guy that runs a large mining farm. He mods all the BIOS in his cards but never runs them past 1880 MHz for memory speed. He said the stability he achieves is better than pushing them more and having them crashing all day.

Yes... i cannot stress enough how important stability is.
ONE single hang or reboot.. and your OC bonus is out the window. Mostly likely you are already in the loss. It might even take a while before you notice unless you have warning systems... and even they take time to activate.

You want them to run for weeks without maintainance.
really with my other rig I had to spend maybe 5-6 hours spread over many days to get my hashrate to 28-30 and now its stable, dont you think it would be logical to take some time to figure out this issues and get from 24-25 to 28 and then not touch it anymore after that.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I would not know if the blame and pool, or the claymore miner, from the latest versions of claymore, the hash varies a lot, from 28.5 mhs, it goes down to 22mhs, 17mhs, then it goes back to 21, and returns to 28mhs, this It continues all day, and at least 2/3 times a day the miner crashes, and I have to restart the pc, then continue the first minutes with stable hash to 28.5, ETC + Pasc, and after a few minutes it returns to vary from Mhs, up to the block
 Cry Cry
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Another thing. I made the mistake of trying ETH+DCR... Now going back to ETH only it does hash at a relatively lower intensity. How do I get it back up to where it was?

Its going to be the -ethi flag, pretty sure 16 is the max.
Activity: 2
Not sure where to go from here but i have to windows 10 machines running 16.11.5 w/ custom bios of rx480's.
I can run Nice Hash Miner for days on end w/o issues.  It mines 99% of the time using claymore 9.2.
When I run Claymore 9.3 I get a few hours of mining and then the entire rig crashes.

Both NHM and pure claymore hash at the same rate, fans are set manually using Afterburner so temps are constant regardless of which is running.

I can only imagine that Nice Hash has different settings that prevents crashing, but I'm totally stumped!

I'm an idiot, one box didn't sleep but did hibernate.

The other box is running smoothly for 12h so far.  We will see how it's looking after 48h. 
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Another thing. I made the mistake of trying ETH+DCR... Now going back to ETH only it does hash at a relatively lower intensity. How do I get it back up to where it was?
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Ok I did a fresh install, and have not set any overclocking parameters in Claymore. Steering clocks and fan curves from MSI Afterburner.

Any idea as to why I start mining with all cards around 28.5Mh/s but progressively Claymore throttles some cards down to under 21?

I don't think that is claymore. I think that is the MAx power / heating kicking in.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251

I'm not even pushing my hardware, but the miner isn't stable and it's still full of bugs and some features are poorly implemented.

Claymore, I'm happy to pay you 1% of my earnings. You're a smart guy and this little app is making you a shit ton of money... But you're not done here yet! Keep working!
My experience:
I use claymore for hours without trouble with some BIOS.
Every-time Claymore hangs, I see hardware errors in the kernel logs, with segfault in the GPU, incoherent state of GPU(GPU fault detected, VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_ADDR, VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS, VM fault  )... and usually the CPU have locked thread that prevent shutdown (Not all CPUs entered broadcast exception handler).
I blame my hardware, over heating, overclocking, extremevoltage. heat is key. globally I blame myself.

much more stable since I increased airflow with 4 200mm fan, and selected VBIOS with TBP/MaxPower at 90W.
runs day long.

What cards are you using and what hash do you get with MaxPower of 90W?
Activity: 224
Merit: 102
What is the average time for submitting ETH shares using nicehash EU server. Past few days the time is taking longer. It changed from 180ms to 350ms now. What could be causing it ? I have very less latency in my internet.
Don't know how is that about nicehash but on ethermine and nanopool submit time is longer then few weeks ago...
Ok I did a fresh install, and have not set any overclocking parameters in Claymore. Steering clocks and fan curves from MSI Afterburner.

Any idea as to why I start mining with all cards around 28.5Mh/s but progressively Claymore throttles some cards down to under 21?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
What drivers do you use for 980Ti and Win 10 x64 anniversary?

they all give me 3MH/s (even with Ethminer cuda 6.5):

381.65-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
368.81-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
364.72-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
353.49-desktop-win10-64bit-international.hf

there is no 352. drivers for 980Ti

352.63-desktop-win10-64bit-international-beta
352.84-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
no not support 980ti

thanks

You need to use linux my friend, I'm in the same boat you're in. When W10 didnt work for me, I had to install Windows 7, the 352 driver & set my virtual mem to 16GB + but it just wasnt stable for me. GPU2 ( EVGA 980 SC ACX ) would drop down from like 21.5 MH/s to like 7 MH/s.

I ended up installing Xubuntu & using the ppa driver repository to install the 375 driver. You need to configure the nvidia xconfig file to be able to manually control the fan speed & overclock the cards. I also had to manually increase the power limit from 185w to 231w on my last card for stability. Now my system is extremely stable with the following hashrates:

EVGA Classified GTX 980 Ti       = 23.5X MH/s
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980     = 21.3X MH/s
EVGA SC ACX GTX 980             = 21.5X MH/s

Total   = 66.3X MH/s

I'm using the 9.3 miner & each card is running +130 on both the core & mem clocks on performance level 3.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

I'm not even pushing my hardware, but the miner isn't stable and it's still full of bugs and some features are poorly implemented.

Claymore, I'm happy to pay you 1% of my earnings. You're a smart guy and this little app is making you a shit ton of money... But you're not done here yet! Keep working!
My experience:
I use claymore for hours without trouble with some BIOS.
Every-time Claymore hangs, I see hardware errors in the kernel logs, with segfault in the GPU, incoherent state of GPU(GPU fault detected, VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_ADDR, VM_CONTEXT1_PROTECTION_FAULT_STATUS, VM fault  )... and usually the CPU have locked thread that prevent shutdown (Not all CPUs entered broadcast exception handler).
I blame my hardware, over heating, overclocking, extremevoltage. heat is key. globally I blame myself.

much more stable since I increased airflow with 4 200mm fan, and selected VBIOS with TBP/MaxPower at 90W.
runs day long.
Activity: 435
Merit: 400
When I run Claymore 9.3 I get a few hours of mining and then rig crashes. Log file show crashes always after dev fee mining create dag files. I use rx480 bios mod.

Another problem is hashrate sometimes drop after few hours.

Thanks for great work Claymore.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Anyone with rx 570/580 dual mining, what's your power draw @ wall ?
Activity: 72
What is the average time for submitting ETH shares using nicehash EU server. Past few days the time is taking longer. It changed from 180ms to 350ms now. What could be causing it ? I have very less latency in my internet.
Not sure where to go from here but i have to windows 10 machines running 16.11.5 w/ custom bios of rx480's.
I can run Nice Hash Miner for days on end w/o issues.  It mines 99% of the time using claymore 9.2.
When I run Claymore 9.3 I get a few hours of mining and then the entire rig crashes.
This is what I'm talking about.

Activity: 2

Both NHM and pure claymore hash at the same rate, fans are set manually using Afterburner so temps are constant regardless of which is running.

I can only imagine that Nice Hash has different settings that prevents crashing, but I'm totally stumped!

Jump to: