Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 292. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Hahahahaha linux version. Before saying he will never suport linux because he dont like the linux haters and now what? I cant stop laughing for real.  Well finaly the money is more important than the dignity. Happy holidays  xdd
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
All psus that connected the rigs are more powerfull then systems need. This isn't psu related. I think last optimization isn't stable in all systems. This is the first time that I live such a problem.
by the ay all are working with 9.0 now
I had a same error with 9.2. switched back to 9.1 now. My rig hang after ~24 hours.
It can be unstable on some PSUs under low load if they have poor ripple suppression. you can also try reducing intensity, or lowering clocks.  I run all on -i 8, but some people have to run lower intensity.
Activity: 353
Currently I can only confirm issue with gpu-pro drivers that causes a lot of messages to syslog (and therefore high CPU load on multi-GPU systems), I'm working on it.
Thanks a lot, Linux version is highly appreciated.

I am not a fan of high hash rates for network, but I like your miners stability and management features. I had to use Optiminer on Linux and a telemetry convertor to make it compatible with Claymore's utility and own ethmon port (web-based monitoring). Now I just drag'n'drop it instead of Optiminer (that worked but was unstable and often crashed) and quite happy.
Activity: 149
All psus that connected the rigs are more powerfull then systems need. This isn't psu related. I think last optimization isn't stable in all systems. This is the first time that I live such a problem.
I had a same error with 9.2. switched back to 9.1 now. My rig hang after ~24 hours.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
With 9.2 - 370 h/s. Thats cool.
Only one question remains - how? All is stock.

https://www.upload.ee/thumb/6480141/ZEC.jpg

BIOS mod ? 370/s i have 225 ? What do you change pm me please
Activity: 186
Activity: 133
9.2 isn't stable like old releases for all systems. Mostly it fails in 6 X vga rigs. I updated from 9.0 to 9.2 and I always got gpu0 hangs.
Strange, for me it is more stable than 9.1 or 9.0 ( 6x 480s - modified for ETH but @ 1200/1950 )...
I have 3 rigs wwith 6 X 8gb 470 nitro. All give same error ''gpu0 hangs'' after miner starts in a few minutes. This is the same in my friend 6 X rigs But there is no problem in rigs which have less then 6 gpu. And also I must say that with 9.0 all rigs are stable.

Might want to check your PSU.  If you are over 80%, you may want to increase the PSU size.  This worked for me when I had the same issues.

instead reducing power limit to -30 worked for me without lossing too much hash
Activity: 449
9.2 isn't stable like old releases for all systems. Mostly it fails in 6 X vga rigs. I updated from 9.0 to 9.2 and I always got gpu0 hangs.
Strange, for me it is more stable than 9.1 or 9.0 ( 6x 480s - modified for ETH but @ 1200/1950 )...
I have 3 rigs wwith 6 X 8gb 470 nitro. All give same error ''gpu0 hangs'' after miner starts in a few minutes. This is the same in my friend 6 X rigs But there is no problem in rigs which have less then 6 gpu. And also I must say that with 9.0 all rigs are stable.

Might want to check your PSU.  If you are over 80%, you may want to increase the PSU size.  This worked for me when I had the same issues.
Yeah, version 9.x doesn't like PSU with poor ripple suppression, or overloaded.  I have 2 rigs of 6x 8gb 470 nitro never had a crash.  Pulling 920w with 1200w EVGA platinum psu, 1260 core, 2000 mem, 1040mv core, 1750 strap.  If it is same card always, check risers.  I did have one card that for some reason hated being on Win10 though, moved to a Win7 rig.  Have 6 rigs, never had CZM crash, even on an old 850w Seasonic Bronze from the Litecoin days.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Might want to check your PSU.  If you are over 80%, you may want to increase the PSU size.  This worked for me when I had the same issues.
Activity: 196
Did you see the roonies on him???

Most of shares will be rejected: GPU does not work properly. It must be drivers if you use stock clocks, try different drivers. In next update I will improve compatibility.
[/quote]

When you will release next update?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Most of shares will be rejected: GPU does not work properly. It must be drivers if you use stock clocks, try different drivers. In next update I will improve compatibility.
Activity: 275
Merit: 258
Im getting 277 h/s with my RX 470 8gb.

One of my 290s is doing 290 h/s but the other does 220 h/s. Will need to investigate that.

Thanks claymore.

WOW!  290 Sols/s on a 290?  Is this a ref model?  What clocks are you using?  I can't get more than 260 out of mine.
260 sol/s?
You should try flash your cards with Stilt BIOS.
I get 310 sol/s with ref R9 290 Stilt BIOS, 1100 core, 1450 memory.

I have 4 R9 290 Ref Models... This would be great!  Could you point me in the direction of the STILT BIOS you used?
You can find his BIOSes there. I used V44 version, but I had to rise voltage in Afterburner for stable work, so try V38 for safe. Use latest ATIWinFlash (2.7.4 in my case), it works just fine.

Im getting 277 h/s with my RX 470 8gb.

One of my 290s is doing 290 h/s but the other does 220 h/s. Will need to investigate that.

Thanks claymore.

WOW!  290 Sols/s on a 290?  Is this a ref model?  What clocks are you using?  I can't get more than 260 out of mine.
260 sol/s?
You should try flash your cards with Stilt BIOS.
I get 310 sol/s with ref R9 290 Stilt BIOS, 1100 core, 1450 memory.

I have 4 R9 290 Ref Models... This would be great!  Could you point me in the direction of the STILT BIOS you used?

Same, I'll give it a whirl on my 290 REF. Whats the wattage per card with bios mod?
I don't have any wattmeter so can't say exact numbers. GPU-Z says "VDDC In" 130W most of the time with rare peaks up to 190W. I think real consumption somewhere around 200W from the plug.

@gerando. The link you sent is for the Stilt BIOS, which I need, but the onedrive link is broken.  I was able to find other bios by Insanity, but I have something really strange going on.  I flash all 4 cards I bought from Newegg (R9 290 ref). 3 come back as R9 290s and 1 comes back as an R9 290x! Can't figure out why.  Also, once I flash them, Afterburner has the mem and core blanked out and I can't change any settings.  When I start Claymore, all has at 0.  Reinstalled drivers and everything.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!
Activity: 146
Merit: 10

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Anybody who's tried both the Linux and Windows builds can say which one is faster?

I have RX 480s and RX 470s.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Activity: 129
FINALLY a LINUX build!!!!!  Thank you Claymore!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!  

I have it up and running on a Linux rig now and a very nice improvement over my Silent Army miner.  The was so sorely needed.  ZEC mining was a weak spot because I couldn't get the hash rates out of my Linux rigs.  This is wonderful news.  So far it looks good!

UPDATE: I may have spoke too soon... Just got a watchdog and having to reboot a miner...

Make sure you use stock clocks for first tests.
Currently I can only confirm issue with gpu-pro drivers that causes a lot of messages to syslog (and therefore high CPU load on multi-GPU systems), I'm working on it.

# comment or change your log types
# *.*;auth,authpriv.none          -/var/log/syslog

# then restart rsyslog if you comment out the above
$ sudo service rsyslog restart

Forgot about kern.log, as gpu faults also print there..

# kern.*                                -/var/log/kern.log
# *.*;auth,authpriv.none          -/var/log/syslog

Easier to just stop rsyslogd on boot, or change "on start" in /etc/init/rsyslogd.conf

Dallas
Activity: 75
I think that this new version is not so stable than the others. I have some rigs falling after hours of working.
I do not know why the miner falls., I did not make any changes, only the version.
Thanks

In my case  it is very stable, I have no problem with v9.2. Maybe you should check the PS-u.
I have not change the psu, is a EVGA 850 with 3 RX-480 is ok. Now i will try to reduce intensity to 4 to see what happens. Thanks
Uhmm, 850w it should be more than acceptable for 3 RX-480 ( I'm running 6 R9 380 cards on 1250 W PSU).
 What version of driver do you use?

850w is fine for 3x 480. I have rig with cooler master v1000 to 1x 280x , 2x 480 and 1x 390 and second PSU 550w for 280x + 7870 = 850-870w for first PSU + 330-350w for second PSU
Have other rig with again cooler master v1000 for 4x 480 and 2x 280x = 870w for 6 GPU
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
How much is obtained on 470 with modded bios?

around 215-225 depending on your exact settings
Jump to: