Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 87. (Read 274784 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
What could I do with 11 btc? How long would it take to make up the initial cost of $90.00?

Thanks,
jpmi1

Hi JP Smiley,
   This really depends on a lot of factors; from back testing it should take you a relatively short period of time, several weeks to make back 10% (90 USD) but you have to keep in mind that the math behind EMA works best when profit is measured over longer periods of time. So to answer your question more fully, with 11 BTC you should make back 10% pretty quickly, but then again, there are no guarantees in live market trading. What I can tell you is that the longer you use EMA trading for correctly, the more likely you are to profit.

Pablo.

Thank You
I downloaded the test version. How do I find the API for mtgox?

Hi Smiley,
  You should have received the Butter-Bot user manual in the demo email which gives you step by step instructions. If you have not, please PM your email address and I will send it to you. That's the easiest way for me to help you as it includes step by step instructions to set up the API as well as illustrations Smiley.

Pablo.

I now have it setup. What will happen when the 3 day free trading is over?

After 3 days your trial will expire and your bot will stop working. Feel free to download another trial key if you like, you are not limited to one.

I encourage you to keep in mind that the trial is not intended for you to judge profitability, that would take several weeks, but rather for you to get a feel for the tools the bot has to offer. Community feedback and back testing are the best indicators of profitability.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
What could I do with 11 btc? How long would it take to make up the initial cost of $90.00?

Thanks,
jpmi1

Hi JP Smiley,
   This really depends on a lot of factors; from back testing it should take you a relatively short period of time, several weeks to make back 10% (90 USD) but you have to keep in mind that the math behind EMA works best when profit is measured over longer periods of time. So to answer your question more fully, with 11 BTC you should make back 10% pretty quickly, but then again, there are no guarantees in live market trading. What I can tell you is that the longer you use EMA trading for correctly, the more likely you are to profit.

Pablo.

Thank You

Hi Smiley,
  You should have received the Butter-Bot user manual in the demo email which gives you step by step instructions. If you have not, please PM your email address and I will send it to you. That's the easiest way for me to help you as it includes step by step instructions to set up the API as well as illustrations Smiley.

Pablo.

I now have it setup. What will happen when the 3 day free trading is over?
legendary

Thanks,
jpmi1

Hi JP Smiley,

Pablo.

Thank You

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.

Thanks,
jpmi1

Hi JP Smiley,

Pablo.

Thank You
legendary

Thanks,
jpmi1

Hi JP Smiley,

Pablo.

Thanks,
jpmi1
legendary
First of all, you're doing a great job, Pablo.
The way you communicate with your customers is exemplary! Smiley

I don't have any idea regarding a new product, but I think that there are one or two possibilities that could still improve the butterbot in it's current state:

The first thing was mentioned a few times here in the thread, but i think we didn't get any official statement from you:
Can you implement an option so that we're able to test our settings against the historical data of one of the three implemented trading plattforms - instead of only testing against mtgox??
There are differences in the prices of btc on all plattforms, especially since mtgox stopped the withdrawing of usd - so it would be veryyyyy interesting to test the settings i.e. for the last 6 month on bitstamp.

Do you think it might be better/safer to have an option which locks the bot's settings by adding a 2FA like google? So that noone is able to change your settings without entering the 2FA code?
Don't know if we need this, it just came up my mind, because i thought about renting a small linux server in a colocation on which the bot can run 24/7.

Last but not least, a general question about the testing mode:
The possible earnings (%) that are shown after running the test, are they calculated on the fact that i won't touch my money/btc at all? So that my earnings grow exponentially the longer i don't withdraw them, because the trade volume gets bigger and bigger? Or does the amount not impair the % earnings?

Best,
Grinny

Hi Grinny Smiley,
  Let me take your questions one at a time:

1. "Can you implement an option so that we're able to test our settings against the historical data of one of the three implemented trading plattforms - instead of only testing against mtgox??"

We would very much like to implement this in V3, I don't forsee an issue with that thus far.

2. "Do you think it might be better/safer to have an option which locks the bot's settings by adding a 2FA like google? So that noone is able to change your settings without entering the 2FA code?"

There really is no need since the bot runs on your own system, if you have been compromised to the point the attacker can change your settings, that will be the least of your problems. Now if at some point in the future we decide to release a hosted version of the bot, then yes, I feel like 2FA would be invaluable and completely necessary.

(Edit) 3. "Last but not least, a general question about the testing mode:
The possible earnings (%) that are shown after running the test, are they calculated on the fact that i won't touch my money/btc at all? So that my earnings grow exponentially the longer i don't withdraw them, because the trade volume gets bigger and bigger? Or does the amount not impair the % earnings?"

I have been told that the previous example I had here was subject to misinterpretation so I will answer the question more directly: If you withdraw money early, you will be affecting how much you make later on because the % profit will be affecting less money. The more money you have in with a 20% profit the more money you will make, 20% of 100 is more than 20% of 50.

I hope that answers your question more directly.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
First of all, you're doing a great job, Pablo.
The way you communicate with your customers is exemplary! Smiley

I don't have any idea regarding a new product, but I think that there are one or two possibilities that could still improve the butterbot in it's current state:

The first thing was mentioned a few times here in the thread, but i think we didn't get any official statement from you:
Can you implement an option so that we're able to test our settings against the historical data of one of the three implemented trading plattforms - instead of only testing against mtgox??
There are differences in the prices of btc on all plattforms, especially since mtgox stopped the withdrawing of usd - so it would be veryyyyy interesting to test the settings i.e. for the last 6 month on bitstamp.

Do you think it might be better/safer to have an option which locks the bot's settings by adding a 2FA like google? So that noone is able to change your settings without entering the 2FA code?
Don't know if we need this, it just came up my mind, because i thought about renting a small linux server in a colocation on which the bot can run 24/7.

Last but not least, a general question about the testing mode:
The possible earnings (%) that are shown after running the test, are they calculated on the fact that i won't touch my money/btc at all? So that my earnings grow exponentially the longer i don't withdraw them, because the trade volume gets bigger and bigger? Or does the amount not impair the % earnings?

Best,
Grinny

legendary
Hi All Smiley,

I have gotten some private queries about this so I thought I would write a post:

We have looked very seriously into both the arbitrage bot idea and the stock bot idea;

1. Stock bot is build-able but currently there is not enough liquidity in any of the existing stock markets to make it profitable (we think).

2. The arbitrage bot can not be built as no other mutli-crypto exchange (besides BTC-E) has the API support needed for the build. The best we could do would be an alert module; we feel it is best to wait here until the API support exists to build a proper platform.

This brings me to another point:

We are still looking to expand our product lineup, is there anything else you guys would like to see built? We would like to build automation tools, but if there are specific pieces of software you guys would like to help with your trading we would like to hear about it.

As always, we are at your service Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
When is litecoin going to be supported? for btc-e, you already have everything in place for the api, can you make it trade LTC please.

We are working on this for Version 3, we don't yet have a release date.

I will keep you in the loop Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
When is litecoin going to be supported? for btc-e, you already have everything in place for the api, can you make it trade LTC please.
legendary
Hey Pablo,

just to make sure everything will work as designed: what checkboxes do we have to check for new bitstamp API.
  • Account Balance
  • Open Orders
  • Cancel Order
  • Buy limit Order
  • Sell limit Order

....that's all, isn't it?

EDIT (2):

You also need the "User Transactions" permission.

I have just emailed everyone an updated copy of the manual to help you along with API integration.

Pablo.
Hey Pablo,

just to make sure everything will work as designed: what checkboxes do we have to check for new bitstamp API.
  • Account Balance
  • Open Orders
  • Cancel Order
  • Buy limit Order
  • Sell limit Order

....that's all, isn't it?
legendary
Announcement

Friends,
   We have just released Version 2.1.4 (V2.1.4 ) which incorporates the new Bitstamp API for bot access. We encourage you to switch over at your earliest convenience.

Please contact me if you have not yet received it Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Bitstamp announced API-Trading (finally): https://twitter.com/bitstamp/status/382174353510506497

We are all over this one, we will have the updated API version by the time the switch takes place Smiley.

Pablo.

Hello Pablo,

has the new API function been activated already? I have just created an API key in Bitstamp which is activated but the bot doesn't recognize it (and there's no plae to enter the API key)

Hey Smiley,
   We should have this change implemented soon; for the time being, please keep using your bot as normal Smiley.

Thank you,
   Pablo.

But I cannot use it, it says the API is not activated

Bitstamp API access is disabled. Please enable it in your Bitstamp settings first.

Hi Smiley,
  Please take a moment to go into your settings menu on Bitstamp and check the "Allow API Access" setting, that will resolve your issue Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
Bitstamp announced API-Trading (finally): https://twitter.com/bitstamp/status/382174353510506497

We are all over this one, we will have the updated API version by the time the switch takes place Smiley.

Pablo.

Hello Pablo,

has the new API function been activated already? I have just created an API key in Bitstamp which is activated but the bot doesn't recognize it (and there's no plae to enter the API key)

Hey Smiley,
   We should have this change implemented soon; for the time being, please keep using your bot as normal Smiley.

Thank you,
   Pablo.

But I cannot use it, it says the API is not activated

Bitstamp API access is disabled. Please enable it in your Bitstamp settings first.
legendary

Pablo.

Hello Pablo,

Hey Smiley,

Thank you,
   Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

Pablo.

Hello Pablo,

legendary

Pablo.
Pages:
Jump to: