Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 86. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
YAY! Great work and damn cool features! Smiley

Just a small "cosmetic issue"

The message:
"There is a new Butter Bot version available. Download"
won't disappear for me after installing the current version.

(no, i haven't restarted my browser yet - and i don't want to^^)
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
New Release (V2.2)

Friends,
   V2.2 will be going out shortly, it includes the following improvements:

1. The ability to back test each exchange independently with it's own data.
2. Back testing automatically adjusts to each exchanges default fee.
2.The ability to set a starting balance (IE: 100 USD) and see an ending balance after your test period (IE: 1000 USD).
3.  Buttons now provide visual feedback.
4. Back testing has a progress indicator.
5. API secret is blanked out (like a password)
6. Several other visual and under the hood improvements.

Please feel free to post any comments you may have, also please contact me if you are a current customer and you do not receive the updated software within the hour.

Note: We have also extended the trial period on the website from three days to one week Smiley.

Pablo.

Pablo.
legendary
Hi,

I'm new to ButterBot, and I'm currently spending time reading through this long thread to get up to speed with what the user community has to say about the software. I'm only at page 15 so far, and already I feel compelled to add a reply to the thread.

I have a few suggestions to make that might make it easier for noobs to become familiar with the software, & to make it easier to track performance.

One being the development of an index of the 'Discussion' the main ButterBot website links to here, so that new users can navigate to the page in this thread where their particular version begins being discussed. It might also be helpful to index other pages / topics as well that are scattered throughout the thread.

Another suggestion is with regard to the design of the bot itself, in that I would find it helpful if it could integrate with the My-BTC.info website and automatically populate my account there with transaction data so that I don't have to go through each email I get from the bot telling me about the trades it made to enter them manually into the website for tracking my profit & loss.

In actuality, my bot is so new, that it has yet to execute a trade yet, so I still have yet to know if the email it sends me will include sufficient information for me to use it as a source of data entry for updating My-BTC.info, I hope & assume it is.

That's all I've got for now.

Hi NginUS Smiley,
       Indexing the thread is a good idea, I have also personally thought about including a forum where the Butter-Bot community can interact on the main page but I am yet to find software I am comfortable with for this particular application.

About integrating with my-btc.info; that's actually a very interesting idea. I will bring this up at our next staff meeting for consideration. In the end though, it may be easier to just do a custom solution for tracking trades; I'm just spitballing here, we have a lot going on right now with new a new bot version to be release this week (V2.2) and some other surprises so development time is a bit limited. We'll look into it and see what happens Smiley.

Smiley

Pablo.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Hi,

I'm new to ButterBot, and I'm currently spending time reading through this long thread to get up to speed with what the user community has to say about the software. I'm only at page 15 so far, and already I feel compelled to add a reply to the thread.

I have a few suggestions to make that might make it easier for noobs to become familiar with the software, & to make it easier to track performance.

One being the development of an index of the 'Discussion' the main ButterBot website links to here, so that new users can navigate to the page in this thread where their particular version begins being discussed. It might also be helpful to index other pages / topics as well that are scattered throughout the thread.

Another suggestion is with regard to the design of the bot itself, in that I would find it helpful if it could integrate with the My-BTC.info website and automatically populate my account there with transaction data so that I don't have to go through each email I get from the bot telling me about the trades it made to enter them manually into the website for tracking my profit & loss.

In actuality, my bot is so new, that it has yet to execute a trade yet, so I still have yet to know if the email it sends me will include sufficient information for me to use it as a source of data entry for updating My-BTC.info, I hope & assume it is.

That's all I've got for now.
legendary
same here. Is it possible to get a one-week trial? You mentioned running it 4-6 days.. But given a 3 day testing trial. Maybe it's good marketing sense Smiley
but whatever the case may be, can I get an extension since it isn't working properly?
Regards,
Brian

Hi Brian Smiley,
    Please feel free to download another demo, I think the limit is 6 demos; you should be able to continue using the bot without issue Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003
same here. Is it possible to get a one-week trial? You mentioned running it 4-6 days.. But given a 3 day testing trial. Maybe it's good marketing sense Smiley
but whatever the case may be, can I get an extension since it isn't working properly?
Regards,
Brian
legendary
All of the sudden, I've lost my graph images.  On the drop down and in the options.  Is this down for everyone?

Hey Smiley,
   We source the graphs and it looks like the supplier has been having issues since the crash. Seems like the graph is coming and going but the bot seems to work fine. I would give it a few hours until things settle down a bit and then reset the bot; that should solve it if the graph does not return on it's own before that.

Instructions to reset the bot:

1. Please enter this address into your Chrome address bar: chrome://extensions/
2. "Untick" the "enabled" button, count to 10 and then "Retick" the button.

This should resolve the issue, if it does not, please let me know, I will be happy to track the issue down further for you  Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 198
All of the sudden, I've lost my graph images.  On the drop down and in the options.  Is this down for everyone?
legendary
I'm a new user and I know this is a 'long term' strategy but I've been tracking the buys and sells and in the past few days the bot has bought high and sold low - I've lost 10% - I know silk road was just shut down and there was a panicked sell off but here is an example of the buy sells that I'm seeing:

Yesterday
2:08 PM – bitstamp triggered buy $127.50
2:08 PM – btce triggered buy $124.30
Today
2:08 PM – btce sell order triggered $94.90
2:07 PM – bitstamp sell order triggered $93.00

Is this just because of the blip or is this thing out to get me??  This would be a big deal but I'm trading a low volume while I figure out how the software works...

BTW - I've configured the recommended settings - 2 hours, 0/.25 for both buy & sell - 7 minute tick, etc.  following the setup guide.  Looking at the charts for the exchanges I see that the swing probably started and stopped too quickly for a 2 hour window (hence the 'long term strategy comment') I'm just wondering if this is expected.  It's as if I've configured the software backwards!

Hi Pacojones Smiley,
    With EMA, you are expected to have a higher number of loss trades than profit trades, but the loss trades are expected to be very low, a couple of dollars, as you have seen. The profit trades should over the long term far outweigh the couple of dollars you will loose with the small loss trades. This is why EMA is a long term strategy, the higher the number of trades you see, the more likely that mean deviators will blend into expected returns. In the short term you could see a couple of loss trades or a couple of profit trades, it really doesn't mean much; think: "The Law of Large Numbers," and you will get what I mean.

Unfortunately today's crash is a huge mean deviator, nothing we can do about that, we just have to let the bot keep doing it's job and let a larger number of trades average things out.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 126
I'm a new user and I know this is a 'long term' strategy but I've been tracking the buys and sells and in the past few days the bot has bought high and sold low - I've lost 10% - I know silk road was just shut down and there was a panicked sell off but here is an example of the buy sells that I'm seeing:

Yesterday
2:08 PM – bitstamp triggered buy $127.50
2:08 PM – btce triggered buy $124.30
Today
2:08 PM – btce sell order triggered $94.90
2:07 PM – bitstamp sell order triggered $93.00

Is this just because of the blip or is this thing out to get me??  This would be a big deal but I'm trading a low volume while I figure out how the software works...

BTW - I've configured the recommended settings - 2 hours, 0/.25 for both buy & sell - 7 minute tick, etc.  following the setup guide.  Looking at the charts for the exchanges I see that the swing probably started and stopped too quickly for a 2 hour window (hence the 'long term strategy comment') I'm just wondering if this is expected.  It's as if I've configured the software backwards!
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
hey there again  Grin

how does the updates work for the bot?
Do you attach the updated extensions in a email or does it check updates itself?

WantaDuff

Hi Wantaduff Smiley,
   Up to know we have been attaching the updates to a mass Blind (BCC) email. The next release of the bot should include a feature to alert you when a new version is available so that you can download it on your own Smiley.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions Smiley.

Pablo.

ok, thanks for the information  Smiley
legendary
hey there again  Grin

Do you attach the updated extensions in a email or does it check updates itself?

WantaDuff

Hi Wantaduff Smiley,
   Up to know we have been attaching the updates to a mass Blind (BCC) email. (EDIT) The current release of the bot includes a feature to alert you when a new version is available so that you can download it on your own Smiley.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions Smiley.

Pablo.
hey there again  Grin

WantaDuff
Does the bot also work when my pc is offline?

WantaDuff

I asked the same question - you have to leave your machine powered on with Chrome running for the bot to work
Does the bot also work when my pc is offline?

WantaDuff
legendary
I'm new to butter-bot so this may be an ignorant question but I'm wondering about exchange history and if there is a best exchange to 'invest in' - meaning, butter-bot supports btce, mtgox and bitstamp.  As a trial I put 1/3 of my coins in each exchange and I'm watching, backtesting, reading, etc.  I then thought "why don't I put this all in mtgox, it's the most volatile (in terms of USD swings).  Now, I'm not sure this is a good strategy...  If this is asked and answered, sorry!  I'd appreciate any input...

Hi Pacojones Smiley,
   This is a complex question because it does not depend on 1 factor. For example currently Mt. Gox is pretty volatile, and our back testing engine pulls all its data from there (the new release will have independent back testing for each exchange) so here you have a pretty good idea of what your settings will do. But given the fact the Mt. Gox is taking 7 weeks to process withdrawals, and that the U.S. government is looking to prosecute them for Money Transmission violations, it may not be the safest place to be at right not.

BTC-E is a pretty decent exchange with alt-currency support which will be part of Butter-Bot in future versions so it may be a good place to nest.

Bitstamp seems all round solid as well but it's not as reactive as Gox.

So I guess my advice would be either BTC-E or Bitstamp because although Gox is probably more volatile and this would likely be better for trading, there are a lot of unknowns there right now.

Hope that helps Smiley.

Pablo.
I'm new to butter-bot so this may be an ignorant question but I'm wondering about exchange history and if there is a best exchange to 'invest in' - meaning, butter-bot supports btce, mtgox and bitstamp.  As a trial I put 1/3 of my coins in each exchange and I'm watching, backtesting, reading, etc.  I then thought "why don't I put this all in mtgox, it's the most volatile (in terms of USD swings).  Now, I'm not sure this is a good strategy...  If this is asked and answered, sorry!  I'd appreciate any input...
legendary
What could I do with 11 btc? How long would it take to make up the initial cost of $90.00?

Thanks,
jpmi1

Hi JP Smiley,
   This really depends on a lot of factors; from back testing it should take you a relatively short period of time, several weeks to make back 10% (90 USD) but you have to keep in mind that the math behind EMA works best when profit is measured over longer periods of time. So to answer your question more fully, with 11 BTC you should make back 10% pretty quickly, but then again, there are no guarantees in live market trading. What I can tell you is that the longer you use EMA trading for correctly, the more likely you are to profit.

Pablo.

Thank You
I downloaded the test version. How do I find the API for mtgox?

Hi Smiley,
  You should have received the Butter-Bot user manual in the demo email which gives you step by step instructions. If you have not, please PM your email address and I will send it to you. That's the easiest way for me to help you as it includes step by step instructions to set up the API as well as illustrations Smiley.

Pablo.

I now have it setup. What will happen when the 3 day free trading is over?

After 3 days your trial will expire and your bot will stop working. Feel free to download another trial key if you like, you are not limited to one.

I encourage you to keep in mind that the trial is not intended for you to judge profitability, that would take several weeks, but rather for you to get a feel for the tools the bot has to offer. Community feedback and back testing are the best indicators of profitability.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Ok well I am currently trading with 0.05 btc I am guessing not much is going to happen. What can I expect with this low of funding?

Hi Smiley,
  Not much at all really, but it's a good number to test the bot's tools out with.
Activity: 214
What could I do with 11 btc? How long would it take to make up the initial cost of $90.00?

Thanks,
jpmi1

Hi JP Smiley,
   This really depends on a lot of factors; from back testing it should take you a relatively short period of time, several weeks to make back 10% (90 USD) but you have to keep in mind that the math behind EMA works best when profit is measured over longer periods of time. So to answer your question more fully, with 11 BTC you should make back 10% pretty quickly, but then again, there are no guarantees in live market trading. What I can tell you is that the longer you use EMA trading for correctly, the more likely you are to profit.

Pablo.

Thank You
I downloaded the test version. How do I find the API for mtgox?

Hi Smiley,
  You should have received the Butter-Bot user manual in the demo email which gives you step by step instructions. If you have not, please PM your email address and I will send it to you. That's the easiest way for me to help you as it includes step by step instructions to set up the API as well as illustrations Smiley.

Pablo.

I now have it setup. What will happen when the 3 day free trading is over?

After 3 days your trial will expire and your bot will stop working. Feel free to download another trial key if you like, you are not limited to one.

I encourage you to keep in mind that the trial is not intended for you to judge profitability, that would take several weeks, but rather for you to get a feel for the tools the bot has to offer. Community feedback and back testing are the best indicators of profitability.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Ok well I am currently trading with 0.05 btc I am guessing not much is going to happen. What can I expect with this low of funding?
Pages:
Jump to: