Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 90. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
I would like to request a simple log feature, showing all buys and sells with the EMA, time, price, and current balance if possible. Having to look through MtGox's trading history can, especially after several automated orders, become quite a chore!

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
Butter has not updated GOX since 0830hrs this morning.  I suspect this is a GOX problem rather then a Butter problem, as I am having trouble accessing the GOX web site as well.  Just confirming others are seeing this too...?

Gox seems better now.

Could you please check if you still have the issue? If not, could you reset your bot and let me know if that helps?

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

Yep GOX is back online Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
I'm kind of interesting in trading MACD. What do you think of using that as trading indicator or a way to incorporate that into the bot?

Hi Jimmut Smiley
   We will be introducing alternate strategy modules to Butter-Bot with V3; MACD will most likely be one of them as it is widely requested Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I'm kind of interesting in trading MACD. What do you think of using that as trading indicator or a way to incorporate that into the bot?
legendary
Butter has not updated GOX since 0830hrs this morning.  I suspect this is a GOX problem rather then a Butter problem, as I am having trouble accessing the GOX web site as well.  Just confirming others are seeing this too...?

Gox seems better now.

Could you please check if you still have the issue? If not, could you reset your bot and let me know if that helps?

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Looks like I was premature in declaring the Bitstamp API fixed.

I have now completely uninstalled butter, re-installed 2.1.2 & re-setup the ap.  I am still getting this error...

Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.27 to open that order. You have only $3.1 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that.

Announcement

Version 2.1.3 will be released in the next 5 minutes, again to deal with the Bitstamp issue. Please upgrade at your earliest convenience and do not hesitate to let me know if you still have issues. Please be sure to reset the bot thoroughly as described above Smiley.

Pablo.

v2.1.3 Report:

After a clean install (uninstall-reboot-reinstall-restart-reenter keys), Butter finally executed the trade on BitStamp it had been trying for the last couple of days, so we are getting closer.  It still will not update the BitStamp chart however; it stopped updating yesterday, and no new data has been added to it although the ap appears to be getting updated data when it polls.

Sean,
 Okay that's great. We will look into the chart issue now; the crucial thing is that it's trading accurately.

Pablo.

From what I can tell it pulls the chart from bitcoincharts.com which is stuck as well.

Hi Smiley,   
  Yep, we've looked into this issue and since we use BitcoinCharts for our feed we can't do much about this. We need to wait for them to fix the feed. THe good news is that V2.1.3 seems to have fixed the trading issue and everyones bot should be trading normally.The charts issue is a cosmetic issue and it will not affect trading; it should resolve itself shortly:).

Best,
  Pablo.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10

I have now completely uninstalled butter, re-installed 2.1.2 & re-setup the ap.  I am still getting this error...

Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.27 to open that order. You have only $3.1 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that.

Announcement

Version 2.1.3 will be released in the next 5 minutes, again to deal with the Bitstamp issue. Please upgrade at your earliest convenience and do not hesitate to let me know if you still have issues. Please be sure to reset the bot thoroughly as described above Smiley.

Pablo.

v2.1.3 Report:

After a clean install (uninstall-reboot-reinstall-restart-reenter keys), Butter finally executed the trade on BitStamp it had been trying for the last couple of days, so we are getting closer.  It still will not update the BitStamp chart however; it stopped updating yesterday, and no new data has been added to it although the ap appears to be getting updated data when it polls.

Sean,
 Okay that's great. We will look into the chart issue now; the crucial thing is that it's trading accurately.

Pablo.

From what I can tell it pulls the chart from bitcoincharts.com which is stuck as well.
legendary

Announcement

Pablo.

v2.1.3 Report:

Sean,

Pablo.

I have now completely uninstalled butter, re-installed 2.1.2 & re-setup the ap.  I am still getting this error...

Announcement

Pablo.

v2.1.3 Report:

After a clean install (uninstall-reboot-reinstall-restart-reenter keys), Butter finally executed the trade on BitStamp it had been trying for the last couple of days, so we are getting closer.  It still will not update the BitStamp chart however; it stopped updating yesterday, and no new data has been added to it although the ap appears to be getting updated data when it polls.
Activity: 198
Merit: 102
I just got the 3 day trial.  Love the way it installed and the UI is very nice.

Question(s):

I put in the key and secret and BTC-e says disconnected but it says API connected.  Is that normal?

nevermind, perms issue, duh lol
legendary

Question(s):

I put in the key and secret and BTC-e says disconnected but it says API connected.  Is that normal?

Hi Olliec420 Smiley,

Were does it say that BTC-E is disconnected, when you hover over the checkmark? Do you mean it says API Connected (the first one) but the BTC-E API is disconnected? Hmmm.

I would need to debug this with you, please email me at [email protected] and I will help you figure this out. 99% of the time it's an issue with the API key not having the "Trade" and "Get info" permissions or not being entered in full.

Please drop me an email, I will be happy to get this working for you Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
I recently subscribed and I'm a big fan.  Unlike most things in the BTC community, I found this to be simple, yet intuitive and powerful.  I particularly like the scenario test feature.

I was curious about one mechanical thing about how the bot works, when a sell or buy is initiated, does it execute a market order, or try to eek out a bunch of limit orders quickly?  There is often a 1 point or larger spread between a medium volume market order vs. limit order, I assume the BOT is somewhat impatient when it makes a decision, that's at least what I observed when it just went long.

One thought for improvement I had was if you could have some pre-built scenarios that we could test settings on, these could be historical data sets that match patterns that the BOT has to deal with.  Examples could be:

- Relatively flat trading over a long period of time with many crossing/very close together EMAs (test resistance to whiplash)
- Single sharp Downturn when long (test time responsiveness on a fast moving market)
- Single sharp Upturn when short (test time responsiveness on a fast moving market)
- Cyclic down-up or up-down with two or more clearly crossing EMAs, but of larger magnitude than the whiplash case (test cyclic behavior performance)

I think there is sufficient volatility and history in BTC price to capture 4 stock scenarios using historical data, then in addition to running the scenario tester on various history and settings, we could stress-test our settings against a specific focused scenario as well.  You could perhaps think of others, I don't have a lot of experience at this.  I suppose I could do this myself, but it would be cool if the tool could do this and save me the work.

Hi Gnix72 Smiley,
  The bot executes a market order, it's the most efficient way to do it with the API's as they are.

I like your idea of scenario testing, I will bring it up with the dev team. I'm not sure of what the mathematics behind that are but it sounds very useful. Thank you for the idea, I will make sure we look into this.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
I didn't get the update again. Am I not on the right list? Could you please add me Pablo so I get the updates automatically?

Hey Jimmut,
   I think I got the issue fixed. If you don't get the next upgrade, let me know and I will further track this down Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary

I have now completely uninstalled butter, re-installed 2.1.2 & re-setup the ap.  I am still getting this error...

Announcement

Pablo.
Activity: 198
Merit: 102

Question(s):

Activity: 40
I recently subscribed and I'm a big fan.  Unlike most things in the BTC community, I found this to be simple, yet intuitive and powerful.  I particularly like the scenario test feature.

I was curious about one mechanical thing about how the bot works, when a sell or buy is initiated, does it execute a market order, or try to eek out a bunch of limit orders quickly?  There is often a 1 point or larger spread between a medium volume market order vs. limit order, I assume the BOT is somewhat impatient when it makes a decision, that's at least what I observed when it just went long.

One thought for improvement I had was if you could have some pre-built scenarios that we could test settings on, these could be historical data sets that match patterns that the BOT has to deal with.  Examples could be:

- Relatively flat trading over a long period of time with many crossing/very close together EMAs (test resistance to whiplash)
- Single sharp Downturn when long (test time responsiveness on a fast moving market)
- Single sharp Upturn when short (test time responsiveness on a fast moving market)
- Cyclic down-up or up-down with two or more clearly crossing EMAs, but of larger magnitude than the whiplash case (test cyclic behavior performance)

I think there is sufficient volatility and history in BTC price to capture 4 stock scenarios using historical data, then in addition to running the scenario tester on various history and settings, we could stress-test our settings against a specific focused scenario as well.  You could perhaps think of others, I don't have a lot of experience at this.  I suppose I could do this myself, but it would be cool if the tool could do this and save me the work.

Activity: 22
I didn't get the update again. Am I not on the right list? Could you please add me Pablo so I get the updates automatically?
legendary
Announcement

Okay, we seem to have tracked the bug with Bitstamp down, the update will be released in 5 minutes.

Please accept our apologies regarding this issue, we just found out about it today; please do not hesitate to let us know if you still have the issue once you have updated the bot and reset it.

Thank you,
   Pablo.

I installed the update, shut down & restarted the system and re-loaded Chrome.  I am still getting the following error:

"Bitstamp: Error while buying BTC: __all__: You need $3.27 to open that order. You have only $3.1 available. Check your account balance for details.. Please contact use about that."

Hi Smiley,
  That happened to me in the beginning as well, you need to disable the bot in the extensions page and reenable it until the error clears (please wait 15 seconds between disabling and enabling) this should take 2-5 tries. Sorry about the complication but there is no simpler way to clear the bots cache. An alternative would be to delete the bot entirely and install the new version fresh.

Extensions Page: chrome://extensions/

Please let me know if you have further issues Smiley.

Pablo.

Thanks Pablo, that worked.

Smiley

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: