Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closed] MineCo.in - page 3. (Read 41555 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 21, 2011, 04:43:40 AM
Hi Guys,

I've just got back from my vacation, sorry for being AWOL for so long!

I have quite a bit of work to get done on the pool, so I'll get on all of your messages as soon as possible.

It looks like we've had shocking luck over the last week, but I can assure you that everything seems to be running smoothly on the pool.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004
August 20, 2011, 01:13:06 PM
Any pool system besides PPS requires trust in the pool operator, regardless of the payment system used. A pool admin could withhold a winning block payment, or be contributing fake shares into the system so they get paid for work they didn't do. There doesn't seem to be a good way to hold a pool op accountable if you can't know from the outside when a pool has solved a block or verify that all contributed shares are from real miners.

With PPS there are typically high fees, since the pool operator is paying for mining in advance of block solves, takes a risk that there may be a long period of bad luck where he still has to pay miners, and also a PPS pool can be attacked by withholding - bad miners not submitting a winning share if found.

Thanks for the informative post.  There are few users here who are as clear or as eloquent.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
August 20, 2011, 10:52:05 AM
What is to stop a PPLNS pool operator from cashing in a winning block silently once in a while and keeping the reward for themselves.  I don't mean to cast doubt on the trustworthyness of Wuked at all; I'm sure no such scam is taking place.  Is there some kind of mechanism in place which makes it impossible for the pool operator to keep the odd block for themselves and if so how does it work?

Any pool system besides PPS requires trust in the pool operator, regardless of the payment system used. A pool admin could withhold a winning block payment, or be contributing fake shares into the system so they get paid for work they didn't do. There doesn't seem to be a good way to hold a pool op accountable if you can't know from the outside when a pool has solved a block or verify that all contributed shares are from real miners.

With PPS there are typically high fees, since the pool operator is paying for mining in advance of block solves, takes a risk that there may be a long period of bad luck where he still has to pay miners, and also a PPS pool can be attacked by withholding - bad miners not submitting a winning share if found.
legendary
August 20, 2011, 10:06:40 AM
Is there a plan to include a way to donate a percentage of my gains to the pool automatically?
I like that there is no option on the site shaming users into donating a fixed percentage. The donations address from the pool's web site is 1D3ro6Xb9XDvPFCytiNLdSLDHpWXZoA2kn if you want to send something. BTW, this is the highest earnings pool around - a fair unhoppable payment system, no fees, and pays miners the transaction fees earned per block solve in addition to the 50BTC.

BTW, is Wuked on a legendary European vacation? He hasn't signed on to the forum since July 31 (although his sig shows he is still mining away...)

I understand.  Some pools have acted rather shamefully regarding their donation percentages.  Personally, I feel that a donation percentage box set to 0 by default accompanied by a polite sentence making the views of the pool owner on the subject clear would be ideal but if Wuked prefers it this way I'll try to calculate an appropriate donation and do so manually.

I noticed the included transaction fees and this is very much appreciated.  The PPLNS is a big winner for me too.  One thing that is bothering me about PPLNS is trust in the pool operator.  What is to stop a PPLNS pool operator from cashing in a winning block silently once in a while and keeping the reward for themselves.  I don't mean to cast doubt on the trustworthyness of Wuked at all; I'm sure no such scam is taking place.  Is there some kind of mechanism in place which makes it impossible for the pool operator to keep the odd block for themselves and if so how does it work?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
August 20, 2011, 09:35:51 AM
# Your Shares:
Total this block: 17100
Eligible for Reward: 17109
# Your Reward: 0.23924596 BTC

How comes my shares are now so high?

I was used to 4-5K shares eligible for reward... is something changed?

spiccioli.

The pool uses Pay-Per-Last-N-Shares, where your reward if a block is found is computed by how many recent shares you contributed in the period it took the whole pool to contribute (difficulty/2) shares. If the total pool hashrate decreases, you are able to submit a higher percentage of shares in the N shares window, and your reward is higher when a block is found. We of course prefer the more regular payouts that come with a higher hashrate, but your expected reward over time is the same whether the pool has a high or low total hashrate.

BTW, there is no penalty for jumping on in the middle of a long round on a PPLNS pool (and also no logical reason to leave on a long round either). The work you submit now determines your earnings on future block finds (the past luck does not matter), so mine away!

Is there a plan to include a way to donate a percentage of my gains to the pool automatically?
I like that there is no option on the site shaming users into donating a fixed percentage. The donations address from the pool's web site is 1D3ro6Xb9XDvPFCytiNLdSLDHpWXZoA2kn if you want to send something. BTW, this is the highest earnings pool around - a fair unhoppable payment system, no fees, and pays miners the transaction fees earned per block solve in addition to the 50BTC.

BTW, is Wuked on a legendary European vacation? He hasn't signed on to the forum since July 31 (although his sig shows he is still mining away...)
legendary
August 20, 2011, 07:33:34 AM
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
August 18, 2011, 02:39:53 PM
kind of wierd that the difficulty went down but our shares per block have skyrocketed....that block that took 4 days was over 9 million shares....what is the share record for a block?

13 or 14 million shares last time I tried checking (about a week ago.)
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 18, 2011, 01:03:01 PM
kind of wierd that the difficulty went down but our shares per block have skyrocketed....that block that took 4 days was over 9 million shares....what is the share record for a block?
Activity: 207
August 15, 2011, 11:41:52 AM
3 1/2 days without a new Block!?! Are you sure the pool is still connected securely to the network?

This round is at 8,697,535 shares, well within the realm of possibility.  My pool had two 11 million share rounds lately  Undecided

If the pool wasn't "connected" to the bitcoin network, it couldn't generate work to hand out to miners.  So I'm sure things are working normally.
Activity: 65
August 15, 2011, 09:00:18 AM
3 1/2 days without a new Block!?! Are you sure the pool is still connected securely to the network?
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
August 14, 2011, 09:27:50 AM
I am mining for about 3 hours straight and my pity 95mhash is still being recognized as 60 mhash on the minecoin server side.
Whats up with this Wuked?
Activity: 154
August 12, 2011, 09:26:57 PM
please take off MyBitcoin from your website

How do I start ?

1) Get a bitcoin wallet

You need somewhere to store your rewards!
You can either download the official client from Bitcoin.org or get a hosted wallet at mybitcoin.com
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
August 04, 2011, 03:16:01 AM
Code:
# Current rate: 141 GH/s
# Time: 1 days 06:42:23
# Total Shares: 3569884
# Difficulty: 1888786
# Server Load: Low
# Your Shares:
Total this block: 17100
Eligible for Reward: 17109
# Your Reward: 0.23924596 BTC

How comes my shares are now so high?

I was used to 4-5K shares eligible for reward... is something changed?

spiccioli.
Activity: 101
August 03, 2011, 05:26:23 AM
It's because the pool's hash rate has been rising.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 03, 2011, 02:06:47 AM
The formula

N = 1/2 Difficulty

Your Reward = ((YourShares in last N shares) / (last N shares)) * BlockValue

I somewhat eluded to this in a separate thread message, but I'm curious as to why my estimated rewards keep decreasing per round.  My miners are on 24/7 and once every two days may disconnect for up to 5 minutes due to network problems or maintenance.  However, I've noticed that my eligible share-count is decreasing, even though I constantly produce more shares in the round than the eligible count.

What is the relation between eligible and actual shares produced by a miner, and what factors affect the eligible share count?
Activity: 147
Merit: 11
The day to rise has come.
August 02, 2011, 02:24:50 PM
Hey Wuked check your PM's  Cool
Activity: 112
July 31, 2011, 07:20:09 AM
Sorry about that guys, it's all working correctly again now.
Activity: 140
July 31, 2011, 04:07:22 AM
Also says all my funds are unconfirmed now...
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
July 31, 2011, 03:59:12 AM
Down to 6GH/s, miners connect and give a RPC upstream error and then sit idle Sad

Activity: 65
July 31, 2011, 02:59:12 AM
What happens with the pool? It's down. I can't connect. Current pool rate 31 Gh/s??
Pages:
Jump to: