Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closed] MineCo.in - page 6. (Read 41555 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 13, 2011, 07:28:21 PM
Ability to delete or edit/rename workers please Smiley

Editing the name should be possible, but deleting them is a bit of a grey area, as they are linked to blocks and shares by their id Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
July 13, 2011, 07:18:40 PM
Ability to delete or edit/rename workers please Smiley
July 13, 2011, 06:49:12 PM
So what features are you guys looking for that are missing? I'm all ears...
July 13, 2011, 06:55:15 AM
Yes of course, We are storing enough info to calculate it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
July 12, 2011, 06:57:37 PM
Just make sure not to cycle out getworks too soon!

Take a look at this scenario:
Current difficulty: 100, next difficulty: 400 (maximum increase = 4 fold)
Last block of difficulty 100 and the first block of difficulty 400 found immediately after each other.
This means if you just rotate all getworks after 1/2 difficulty out, you'd miss 3/4 of getworks for the next round.

You have to have at least (current_difficulty * 2) difficulty1 shares as a reserve to make sure you can always calculate payouts.

I just wonder if "negative hopping" could work - waiting until you are on a long round (e.g. current share count = current difficulty *1.2) and then going in. If a LOT of people follow this strategy, the added hash rate would even make it a self fulfilling prophecy (as it gets more likely that a block is found). Have you done some calculations/simulations based on this?
July 12, 2011, 04:43:33 PM
Yeah, I have to say, I like PPLNS. Especially that it already affects the current round  Roll Eyes

Your Shares 1177 (0.0842 %) Your Reward: 0.0 BTC

Exactly, what a bunch of BS to change mid round.  I had to have my computer off for a day, and now my shares are worthless.

Thankfully my current payout is greater than your minimum, so I'll be taking that and will probably return if you institute a scoring method that isn't obviously broken.

Please explain why the method is obviously broken.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
July 12, 2011, 02:57:18 PM
PPLNS is simple to understand and it appears that it can't be gamed like the old system. Especially it makes joining at the beginning of a round useless - something that was costing us permanent miners. It also seems to me that this system doesn't demotivate people from joining during a drought. I also really like the principle that two or more blocks found quickly are rewarded not just over the round shares but over all the last N shares. So while some shares get you nothing others get you double or triple - for the permanent miner this balances out.

Even if you don't mine 24/7, what you loose at one end you gain at the other end. If you mine little you're gambling as your shares may be worthless or be worth double or triple.

I'll be staying with Mineco.in.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
July 12, 2011, 02:25:14 PM
Yeah, I have to say, I like PPLNS. Especially that it already affects the current round  Roll Eyes

Exactly, what a bunch of BS to change mid round.  I had to have my computer off for a day, and now my shares are worthless.

Thankfully my current payout is greater than your minimum, so I'll be taking that and will probably return if you institute a scoring method that isn't obviously broken.
Activity: 111
July 12, 2011, 12:56:10 PM
I'm back with 800MH, in a few weeks 2GH.

Over an infinite time period, PPLNS is not unfair to part-time miners UNLESS they are deliberately hopping at or before the expected halfway point consistently.

Sure, sometimes you will do 4 hours mining at the start of a long block and be credited for nothing, but sometimes you will do 4 hours mining at the end of a block and be credited as if you had been mining the whole block.

No that's not correct. If you join at the end, you'll get your percent of 750000 shares depending on pool hash rate. If it takes the pool 4 hours to hash 750000 shares, and you join at the last 4 hours, then you will be credited as if you were mining the whole block. If the pool takes 8 hours to generate 750000 shares, then you get half of what you'd normally get for a while block - but this is same as proportional so that is okay. But if you left early, you'd lose there too.

I don't think this is really going to stop pool hoppers...instead of hopping in at the beginning, now just hop in NOT at the beginning - such as at 75% of difficulty and staying to 125%.

That doesn't work. Your chance of the next hash finding a block is the same after 0 shares as it is after 10,000,000.

All that means is that you'd lose the opportunity to get the gains from shorter blocks.

You're right on that. You can jump in whenever and be either within 750000 shares of solving the block or not getting any credit at all. With PPLNS, when you join the hashing, when averaged out, has no impact on how much you get. So rather than basing on how many shares the pool has had since the last book, you could hop basing on the pool's current statistical luck.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
July 12, 2011, 11:32:23 AM
it just adds an additional variance.

as i said: as this pool does not have that much hashing power (it's a shame... i really like this pool) it will took very long to even out.

it could be that i am lucky... but who knows?
Activity: 28
July 12, 2011, 11:27:26 AM
I rethought the PPLNS system last night and think I overlooked an important aspect.

Say the pool is in the middle of a block of usual "length". When you leave at this point, you will get not credit at all for that block. But if you join the next day, the pool is in the middle of such a block again, you will get full credit for that one, even though you haven't mined since the beginning of that round.

Thats exactly what Reikoku said a few posts back, I must have overlooked that too, sry Embarrassed.

So this method shouldn't be disadvantageous for non 24/7 miners after all.
Activity: 140
firstbits: 1kwc1p
July 12, 2011, 09:55:56 AM

Over an infinite time period, PPLNS is not unfair to part-time miners UNLESS they are deliberately hopping at or before the expected halfway point consistently.

Sure, sometimes you will do 4 hours mining at the start of a long block and be credited for nothing, but sometimes you will do 4 hours mining at the end of a block and be credited as if you had been mining the whole block.

No that's not correct. If you join at the end, you'll get your percent of 750000 shares depending on pool hash rate. If it takes the pool 4 hours to hash 750000 shares, and you join at the last 4 hours, then you will be credited as if you were mining the whole block. If the pool takes 8 hours to generate 750000 shares, then you get half of what you'd normally get for a while block - but this is same as proportional so that is okay. But if you left early, you'd lose there too.

I don't think this is really going to stop pool hoppers...instead of hopping in at the beginning, now just hop in NOT at the beginning - such as at 75% of difficulty and staying to 125%.

That doesn't work. Your chance of the next hash finding a block is the same after 0 shares as it is after 10,000,000.

All that means is that you'd lose the opportunity to get the gains from shorter blocks.
Activity: 42
July 12, 2011, 05:31:24 AM
I suggest to lower the minimum payout at least for a few days so the guys who are moving on (like me) could cash out. I'm just a bit under 0.05 BTC and it's impossible to retrieve that sum now.

*edit* thanks for taking care of that, Wuked.
July 11, 2011, 08:27:19 PM
The outcome of each hash is independent of any hashes that are before it. in other words, after hashing for one year (and not getting anything), the chances of you getting a block is still the same.

And the probablity you don't find any block after a decade of transmitting 1 hash with a probability of 0.001 each every day is still only 2% or sum such...
Activity: 98
July 11, 2011, 05:09:21 PM

Activity: 111
July 11, 2011, 04:25:27 PM

July 11, 2011, 03:31:09 PM
I'm not a genius @ math, but my instinct tells me, that when I shut my sys down over night, I will typically, or often, lose all the shares that were generated for the last round, whereas with Menis algo, I won't be losing any shares, but the ones for that round will be worth less when a block is found, becuz thats how it works.

So why should non 24/7 miners stay at this pool? Plz let me know Cheesy.
Activity: 247
July 11, 2011, 03:23:41 PM
I'm mining lun-friday 13/24hrs. Sat/sunday 24h/24h.
The new method can add too much variance?
firstbits: 1kwc1p
July 11, 2011, 03:15:41 PM

July 11, 2011, 03:04:38 PM
Lol thats my prob mate - I'm a 16/24 miner at most Wink.

You do realize this method theoretically gives you what you're supposed to get for the 16/24 hours right?

The method isn't meant to "punish" pool-hoppers but rather not provide any benefit to do so.

No, I'm not realizing it. There are theoretical constellations where the payout would be fair but most times it won't.

I do realize, that the "original" method isn't completely fair to non 24/7 miners either, but its more so than PPLNS for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: