Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 25. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Anyone know why https://mtred.com is down?
Nope been down since Sat and still down every time I've checked since. Been wanting to make a withdrawl too.  Cry

Website seems to be back up now and I just received an auto payment.  Smiley

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I don't understand, so you mine 6 different places but if one goes down your rig sits idle?

Nope my total hashing is split across my pools ex I have 350mh/s divide 5 pools means I'm hashing 350/5=70mh/s at each.
MtRed connection drops in other words no work so I just have to split across 4 pools. 350/4=87.5mh/s.

Anyone know why https://mtred.com is down?
Nope been down since Sat and still down every time I've checked since. Been wanting to make a withdrawl too.  Cry
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
I don't understand, so you mine 6 different places but if one goes down your rig sits idle?

you should always have a backup pool set up....

use cgminer and you can easily set up a backup..

I don't need a Back up because I mine at 5 diffrent pools all at the same time. So I have plenty of work. I'm just noticing that every weekend that I've not been able to connect.
On one hand I love Mtred because they actually are one of the last no fee pools (or at least ones I use) but it also has the least up time. Yes I actually kick back 2% to the pool but it seems like that percentage might being wasted if they cant keep the server up.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
http://www.reddit.com/r/mtred/comments/x3juc/mia_but_ok/

That was a month ago, but maybe he is having more family problems?
you should always have a backup pool set up....

use cgminer and you can easily set up a backup..

Activity: 504
No offense guys but it's a good thing I too lazy to use anything other than GUIminer to split my hash power cause out of a of the 6 pools I participate in your is the one that get the most communication problems or cannot connect.

Seems like every weekend your down? I really want to like you guy but you make it so hard at times.

If you used anything other than GUIMiner you would have less work to do... Almost all other miners automatically switch between backups if the primary goes down...
LOL.... You are right.. Lately it has been every weekend..... it craps out and wont come back until Monday sometime.
No offense guys but it's a good thing I too lazy to use anything other than GUIminer to split my hash power cause out of a of the 6 pools I participate in your is the one that get the most communication problems or cannot connect.

Seems like every weekend your down? I really want to like you guy but you make it so hard at times.
Activity: 210
ya the site does not work  Huh
Activity: 560
Is the site coming back up any time soon?
oh crap,... it looks like I have been using the beta node since I started...  I only used the main node with port 8837 I never used 8337 someone told me to use 8837

Thanks
Beta node: mtred.com:8837
Main node: mtred.com:8337
Alt node: pa.mtred.com:8337

I don't think port 8837 on pa.mtred works. You just had the ports wrong.
Really....... so... mtred.com:8837, pa.mtred.com:8837 and what is the beta node?

Thanks

Andrew
Yeah, I have the three nodes for mtred set as backups. This way if one or two of the mtred nodes go down, I still mine on it with the other one. Often pa.mtred is still up when the main node, beta node, and the website are down. When all three are down, I have bitparking and 50btc to still feed my hashes.
This sucks.... Have you guys had better luck with pa.mtred vs mtred ?
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Meh, MtRed with backups is still the best way to mine...

You just jinxed us...... and we're down.

Still mining on pa.mtred.com, no problem here.  Roll Eyes
I am asking myself the same as poster above me, but I would guess it has its own bitcoind.

I have a question on how your different nodes work: I normally connect to the main node, but sometimes when its down, I connect to pa.mtred, how does this work? Does the pa node have its own connection to the blockchain for work, and do our workshares count towards finding a new block, or are they in essence "stales" until the main node comes back up? I just fear that by me mining on pa.mtred and submitting shares is costing you BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: