Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 34. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
Ah, Mt.Red, why are you so broken?   Cry 

With the loss on merged mining and all the recent connection problems, I have to move you to the end of my backup pool list.

Yes, I'm not too keen on how our up-time has been over the last few months.  I'm working on separating the mining logic away from the frontend logic, and putting those services on different machines. I know i've been saying this for a while now... But it's coming, its been a busy last few months at work for me, but I do have a lot of performance and stability upgrades in the pipes & plan to be deploy them here soon.

RR
Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?
Ah, Mt.Red, why are you so broken?   Cry 

With the loss on merged mining and all the recent connection problems, I have to move you to the end of my backup pool list.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
anyone ever had an auto payout fail on them? the transaction link says no such transactions, and i never got the BTC. Sad

should have been 0.16834366 btc going to 17org1nf9JJNfEQQuBir8VSNL16cfudo8t

http://blockexplorer.com/tx/628c701c209d5d540b9f8d566563ecf6994451a342dc2053d1cdea76e6b5f395

yes, i emailed MtRed about this. wondering if anyone has any idea what happened while i wait for their reply.

...yes, i know .16 btc isn't alot, but still! Cheesy

and of course the payment just showed up.
legendary
rereading my post - man i need to stop and check my typing more often.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
in the main server down? minrs haven't been connectign the last few hours it looks like.

Same here. Wooo down again. 
legendary
in the main server down? minrs haven't been connectign the last few hours it looks like.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
My GPU's miss the namecoin loving Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Just gotta say, if there wasn't bonus pools for me to profit off of this would be my pool of choice to mine on 24/7. But since there is, it works just as nicely as a backup. Good work rex.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Nom Nom Nom

The network has been moving slow today, I see it has 4 right now. It should speed up.
Nom Nom Nom
Early this morning the Bitcoin 0.5 fork that supports our merged mining operations stopped syncing with the main chain. I quickly brought it back up as a pure Bitcoin mining node, you might have noticed the nmc round length freeze, running 0.6.3 . We are still in the process of porting changes to the 0.6 branch, and hope to have it working soon.

Thanks, and I apologize for the inconvenience. RR
Nom Nom Nom
Our MM branch on PA stopped syncing. I had to temporally disable it.  More information soon.
Nom Nom Nom
Is NMC merged mining going to come (back) to the main MtRed server?

Hopefully, Right now the main is running the latest bitcoind build, and i've had problems applying the patches required for MM to the 0.6 tree.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Is NMC merged mining going to come (back) to the main MtRed server?
Nom Nom Nom
I don't want to complain but....(you will see this is FAR from a complaint...lol)

During the past year of mining, I have really only used 2 pools on a near-full time basis, MT.Red being one of them.

As of switching back to MT.Red recently (merged mining on pa.mtred.com), I have experienced the most SOLID performance I have seen in a long time.

My Video card miners are operating at efficiency levels of 400% on average and I am not seeing any communication errors in CGMiner for either GET or SEND works (GF & RF). Stales & Rejects are also more than manageable, making my overall averages very decent. Because of the SIGNIFICANT increase in efficiency/Local Work, my Network traffic is down to an ALL TIME LOW locally and the payouts are as close to 'generic calculator' PPS estimates as I have ever seen....which makes me wonder:

WTF ?
(ps. good job)

Thanks Bitlane, I know it doesn't need to be said, but I really appreciate this. It's hard finding time for making Mt.Red better, and I really feel like there is so much work to be done.  I'm not satisfied with the current state of affairs and am slowly migration services over to offer a better more reliable mining pool, with even more redundant redundancy (see what I did there). Either way, Thanks again.  It's nice to hear something other than NAG(ios) complaining about things.

RR
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
I don't want to complain but....(you will see this is FAR from a complaint...lol)

During the past year of mining, I have really only used 2 pools on a near-full time basis, MT.Red being one of them.

As of switching back to MT.Red recently (merged mining on pa.mtred.com), I have experienced the most SOLID performance I have seen in a long time.

My Video card miners are operating at efficiency levels of 400% on average and I am not seeing any communication errors in CGMiner for either GET or SEND works (GF & RF). Stales & Rejects are also more than manageable, making my overall averages very decent. Because of the SIGNIFICANT increase in efficiency/Local Work, my Network traffic is down to an ALL TIME LOW locally and the payouts are as close to 'generic calculator' PPS estimates as I have ever seen....which makes me wonder:

WTF ?
(ps. good job)
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hi RedditorRex,

Thanks for your server! I like it the best out of the 5 or so pools I've tried.

I've been mining for weeks now and always had my Namecoin address (N9ftvK6bwJp79uvniQ38B3ZinMLpkbukrJ) in my account and have never received any Namecoins. Help!?

Thanks!

Are you mining on pa.mtred.com ? The default server isnt merged mining so you wont earn namecoins on that.

Well, that would be the problem then...huh, didn't know that. Thanks for helping me with that.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Ok, We are running 0.6.3rc1 on the main server. Let me know how it looks.

Rejects were running at 2% when I last complained. I restarted after this change.

(5s):2795.4 (avg):2646.7 Mh/s | Q:5024  A:13307  R:76  HW:0  E:265%  U:36.3/m

That's <.6% where .4% is about as good as it gets elsewhere at my distance from USA servers, so that's a significant improvement. I'm actually guessing based on the change that went into 0.6.3rc1 that as more of the network adopts 0.6.3rc1+ the block transmission rate will get faster across the whole network so if anything, it should get even better. Great stuff. Now I can mine here again.

I wondered where you had run off to ckolivas.  You used to sit just underneath me in the "top" list, and then you disappeared.  I felt lonely.  Wink
Sorry for making you ronery.

By now it has climbed to about 0.65% rejects overall, but what I did notice is that it is getting longer now. The last longpoll had an 11 second pause here so I wonder if it wasn't actually coincidence that it got better due to restart rather than the upgrade, and that it gets slower the longer it has been running?

edit: and the next longpoll after that was almost instant so maybe not.

Hopefully as more of the network migrates to the new protocol it will get faster for everyone.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Hi RedditorRex,

Thanks for your server! I like it the best out of the 5 or so pools I've tried.

I've been mining for weeks now and always had my Namecoin address (N9ftvK6bwJp79uvniQ38B3ZinMLpkbukrJ) in my account and have never received any Namecoins. Help!?

Thanks!

Are you mining on pa.mtred.com ? The default server isnt merged mining so you wont earn namecoins on that.
Pages:
Jump to: