Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MtRed (PPS, LP+, API, 0 FEE) STRATUM on mine.mtred.com:3333 - page 32. (Read 176141 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
how does a block get made in a short or invalid chain? when two miner's solve the same block at once?

Indeed that is one way. See for yourself? http://blockchain.info/orphaned-blocks

okay so a hacker with a special program can make fake blocks that the rest of bitcoins wont validate and those are orphans too

Invalid solutions are not accepted by the pool. Or did you mean having enough hashrate to solve your own block in solo mining and attempt a double spend?

no. that ever been done?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
how does a block get made in a short or invalid chain? when two miner's solve the same block at once?

Indeed that is one way. See for yourself? http://blockchain.info/orphaned-blocks

okay so a hacker with a special program can make fake blocks that the rest of bitcoins wont validate and those are orphans too

Invalid solutions are not accepted by the pool. Or did you mean having enough hashrate to solve your own block in solo mining and attempt a double spend?

Activity: 686

a prayer for an orphan block

how do oprhan blocks occur?

When the guy said die block he is refering to the extra long round. Currently we have been mining 22 hours and still haven't found a block. In relality the only thing this means for you is that until a block is found your payment won't start confirming. In reality this means that the pool owner has to pay A LOT out of his pocket because this is an unlucky round. Here you do the math:

2,036,671 shares = a block (in theory)

Current round shares: 11,782,916 shares

So if the pool pays 0.0000245498648641 per share, 0.0000245498648641 * 11782916 = ~289.27BTC and counting every share submitted, that means this round the pool owner is paying out about 239.27BTC of his own (and counting) so he is loosing almost $2600 this round.

What does this mean for you? Nothing. Just pray we find a block soon so we don't put rex any more in debt. Wink

And to answer the orphan question, an orphan block is a block that doesn't count and then rex wouldn't even get 50BTC from a block to help pay out the round. Here is a good explination from Block chain wiki page:
Blocks in shorter chains (or invalid chains) are called "orphan blocks", and while they are stored, they are not used for anything. When a block becomes an orphan block, all of its valid transactions are re-added to the pool of queued transactions and will be included in another block. The 50 BTC reward for the orphan block will be lost, which is why a network-enforced 100-block maturation time for generations exists.

What does this mean for you? Nothing, because for every share you submit you are paid for it, regardless as to if it is a block winning share or not. Even if the round was an orphan, you would still be paid for every single share. So don't worry, rex does all the worrying for us.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

When the guy said die block he is refering to the extra long round.

Quite correct. I do prefer jminkov's explanation though.
Activity: 686

When the guy said die block he is refering to the extra long round. Currently we have been mining 22 hours and still haven't found a block. In relality the only thing this means for you is that until a block is found your payment won't start confirming. In reality this means that the pool owner has to pay A LOT out of his pocket because this is an unlucky round. Here you do the math:

2,036,671 shares = a block (in theory)

Current round shares: 11,782,916 shares

So if the pool pays 0.0000245498648641 per share, 0.0000245498648641 * 11782916 = ~289.27BTC and counting every share submitted, that means this round the pool owner is paying out about 239.27BTC of his own (and counting) so he is loosing almost $2600 this round.

What does this mean for you? Nothing. Just pray we find a block soon so we don't put rex any more in debt. Wink

And to answer the orphan question, an orphan block is a block that doesn't count and then rex wouldn't even get 50BTC from a block to help pay out the round. Here is a good explination from Block chain wiki page:
Blocks in shorter chains (or invalid chains) are called "orphan blocks", and while they are stored, they are not used for anything. When a block becomes an orphan block, all of its valid transactions are re-added to the pool of queued transactions and will be included in another block. The 50 BTC reward for the orphan block will be lost, which is why a network-enforced 100-block maturation time for generations exists.

What does this mean for you? Nothing, because for every share you submit you are paid for it, regardless as to if it is a block winning share or not. Even if the round was an orphan, you would still be paid for every single share. So don't worry, rex does all the worrying for us.

Activity: 698
Activity: 504
Mining down for last couple hours.....

The pool is down?

When will merged mining with NMC be back?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Mining down for last couple hours.....
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
Hey, I was reading through the old thread and realized we have had so many different addresses and ports to connect, could we get a master list of all the working addresses/ip's and ports for this server so we can set up our miners to fall back if one or two stop working? Are there even multiple nodes?

Here's a list I know of:

pa.mtred.com:8337 (Not working ATM)
mtred.com:8337
mtred.com:8837 (beta server I think?)

Are there any more to add?

P.S. I left the pool for a few days to try Eclipse, but they are PPS fee, and I don't like the whole DGM thing. I'm back and feel like I'm home Smiley

This is pretty much the working set. I've been trying to reorganize the website layout to make it more straight forward on how to get setup, but am away from my main workstation right now.
Hey, I was reading through the old thread and realized we have had so many different addresses and ports to connect, could we get a master list of all the working addresses/ip's and ports for this server so we can set up our miners to fall back if one or two stop working? Are there even multiple nodes?

Here's a list I know of:

pa.mtred.com:8337 (Not working ATM)
mtred.com:8337
mtred.com:8837 (beta server I think?)

Are there any more to add?

P.S. I left the pool for a few days to try Eclipse, but they are PPS fee, and I don't like the whole DGM thing. I'm back and feel like I'm home Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
isitup.org says "mtred.com seems to be down!"

Everybody panic!   Shocked

Edit: OK it's back.  Everybody CALM DOWN!
Ok cool! Just wondering.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Nom Nom Nom
I know its been a month, but it will come back as soon as I can get it running stable.
Hey Rex, any word on when Merged Mining will be back, if ever?
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
what i've wondered for a bit - causally, not concerned about it - is that after the mined coins are confirmed and exceed my set payout limit, it can be a few hours or even a day before the auto payment goes out. what's the deal?

The server keep only a portion of the funds in a `Hot Wallet.`  Sometimes if the auto-payout cant pay everyone in 1 transaction, It will wait for the funds from the `Cold Wallet` which I have to manually send.

This is what you are seeing.

ah. well ok then. thanks. Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: