Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]R7: Bitmine Rig, 1TH/s+, At-cost+Host, $70= 10-15GH/s +UPS. Mahalo! - page 7. (Read 21993 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Blitz:The price affects the perception of the news
HashRate per share is rated at 1/100th of 800GH/s for this Round 7/8 vs. 500-550GH/s for the R5/R6 KnC Jupiter. . .

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the supermen running the hardware will squeeze at least 1 TH/s out of this baby.  So, if BTC hangs in at around 130USD, this round should pay back the investment in ~35 days, which includes fee deductions.  (Say, +10% or -20%/fud dispersant = 30-40 days.)  YMMV

If power and cooling costs don't eat our lunch this should be a paying proposition for at least another year. 

Sweet.  I should get a couple more of these shares.

/Frank
Activity: 364
It appears that we had some double orders:

34 shares available.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Update: Bitmine told me/us to wait for full payment of the full 800GH/s instead of sending in BTC piecemeal, or trying to do a 2nd new 500GH/s rig w/ the original R7 6-7% down payment applied as upgrade module(s).

Essentially: we need to reach ~53.xx BTC before we can fully pay for the 800GH/s module and officially move from the reservation Q to the production Q.

We actually targeted 56 BTC (or about $7K at the time of GB setup) as the goal for this GB so that we can buy UPS/Battery protection of about 20 minutes.

At the moment, we appear to have 46 BTC on hand or already paid to the R7 BM wallet (~3.3 BTC) or to one of my two go-to co-op wallets: Thomas S. funds for 9-12 R7 shares in one co-op wallet, the bulk of the R7 funds are in this co-op wallet: https://blockchain.info/address/1C5R7t1XdVPxUBFUnBWJnRPx7ZMZBgnv7L

This wallet address has been used for well over 200 BTC of transactions without incident, mostly for DZ MC functions.
Under no circumstances send BTC to that address for your payments, that is just where it is being stored prior to sending to bitmine
Update: Bitmine told me/us to wait for full payment of the full 800GH/s instead of sending in BTC piecemeal, or trying to do a 2nd new 500GH/s rig w/ the original R7 6-7% down payment applied as upgrade module(s).

Essentially: we need to reach ~53.xx BTC before we can fully pay for the 800GH/s module and officially move from the reservation Q to the production Q.

We actually targeted 56 BTC (or about $7K at the time of GB setup) as the goal for this GB so that we can buy UPS/Battery protection of about 20 minutes.

At the moment, we appear to have 46 BTC on hand or already paid to the R7 BM wallet (~3.3 BTC) or to one of my two go-to co-op wallets: Thomas S. funds for 9-12 R7 shares in one co-op wallet, the bulk of the R7 funds are in this co-op wallet: https://blockchain.info/address/1C5R7t1XdVPxUBFUnBWJnRPx7ZMZBgnv7L

This wallet address has been used for well over 200 BTC of transactions without incident, mostly for DZ MC functions.
How will this hash rate compare to Round 6?

/Frank

Hey Frank,

HashRate per share is rated at 1/100th of 800GH/s for this Round 7/8 vs. 500-550GH/s for the R5/R6 KnC Jupiter. DZ MC Jupiter below-cost shares went for $78 for 4-6GH/s albeit at an earlier delivery date.

However, the Bitmine Rig has a native turbo mode (speed unknown), and we'll seek to go even fast then this, if we can push the limits safely without risking our hardware. Thanks to the work of 4 co-op GBCs teaming up (and with the help of a college full of engineers helping bobsag3 out next door), the DZ MC is having a specially built A/C cooled cabinet within an already cooled facility, so that we can push hashrate & improve our chances of finding blocks.

==

With that said: 10 shares available.

1 more hour before payment. I thought the deadline for free shipping was last night but its in about 90 minutes.

==

Semi-OT: but I've vetted a 9th GB Coordinator and/or ASIC miner host! This is the first GBC I've vetted from Asia.

He's already an active GBC with a successful track record, but he contacted me for my free vetting services. If he so chooses, he's now also free to team up with our co-op's 5 GBCs (so far) to pre-reserve chunks of future ASIC miners to help bring low costs and the best values to Group Buyers.
How will this hash rate compare to Round 6?

/Frank
Ok, you're leading our merry bunch for this Round.

You heard the man.  Smiley

28 shares available.

Payment *will* be sent tonight to secure Free Shipping.

If/when people show up, they'll be shifted to R8 which is going to be shipped at the same time and exists on the same chassis anyway.

On (un)related note. Would any of fellow Co-Op members be willing to sell a share (or a fraction of) in R4 and R5/R6?
It is a collectors' thing :-)

Hey, we're sold out!

I love waking up to sold out Group Buys in the Co-op.  Grin

I saw it coming... Cheesy

Oh no! Are you doing a DZ MC Boxed Set too?  Cheesy

J/K: thank you for the compliment! An internet toast, my man. (We really need a beer toast emoticon here)
For myself, I oversold on R4 and somehow ended up losing my own Boxed Set in my own co-op the oversales.

==

BTW: payment is being sent in today for whatever is in the R7 wallet. If we don't have the full amount, we'll hopefully have enough for at least 500GH/s to secure Free Shipping before the promo ends tonight in about 8.5 hours. Thomas or I will follow up with a PM and email to adjust our order to secure the Free Shipping.

Saving money with free shipping saves us about $2.20 per share.
On the same note, any shares that were reserved are now up for sale if you had a reservation and have yet to pay do so now as they are available to anybody. First come first served.

On (un)related note. Would any of fellow Co-Op members be willing to sell a share (or a fraction of) in R4 and R5/R6?

Hey, we're sold out!

Oh no! Are you doing a DZ MC Boxed Set too?  Cheesy

J/K: thank you for the compliment! An internet toast, my man. (We really need a beer toast emoticon here)
For myself, I oversold on R4 and somehow ended up losing my own Boxed Set in my own co-op the oversales.

==

BTW: payment is being sent in today for whatever is in the R7 wallet. If we don't have the full amount, we'll hopefully have enough for at least 500GH/s to secure Free Shipping before the promo ends tonight in about 8.5 hours. Thomas or I will follow up with a PM and email to adjust our order to secure the Free Shipping.

Saving money with free shipping saves us about $2.20 per share.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Your welcome to my shares (if I have any lol)
Thanks, Man.
Sending a PM. Smiley

Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Your welcome to my shares (if I have any lol)
So what is planned for R8?  Grin Grin

I think since the Bitmine is somewhat modular, it would be add on modules for the existing rig.  Or cointerra...in which case I hope I have btc available to throw at that too.

Hmmm...

Sierra in November ($8/GH/s), TerraMiner IV in December ($7/GH/s) or TerraMiner in January ($3/GH/s)? That is a gambling question, given recent difficulty increases.

Hey, we're sold out!

I love waking up to sold out Group Buys in the Co-op.  Grin

Hey, we're sold out!

Mahalo everyone!

==

Hey Thomas: Let's open up Round 8 and see how much more funds show up before our payment tonight. I'll start a separate thread in a bit if you can update our site.

Deal?  Grin
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
So what is planned for R8?  Grin Grin

I think since the Bitmine is somewhat modular, it would be add on modules for the existing rig.  Or cointerra...in which case I hope I have btc available to throw at that too.
Paid my 10 shares a while ago.

TX ID 9c6d8ba80066b0338bcf2503958f7b4391590f3df87871592864d7c97be6d642-000

So what is planned for R8?  Grin Grin

Activity: 18
Just paid for 4 shares via the website, order #231
Tx ID: e99257fe0dd420abd2eceffe45ff623caf1bfe92792aa56d4a0e5af5533f5c2d
Payout address: 1Gjj2Fm9C7k3gA2FY7pCacqyw4davrg73r

Thanks again guys!  So far I'm in for 6xR4, 4xR6, and 4xR7.  Should be an interesting few months ahead Smiley
I am a bit confused. This offering is priced in $USD, and yet it's supposed
to be paid for in Bitcoin? What's the expected exchange rate, or do I get
to choose my own rate?  Smiley

I am not surprised that it's priced in $$$, since virtually all the "inputs"
(i.e. the miner, shipping, etc) have a $$$ price attached and not a Bitcoin
price.

Since I am a complete on Noob on actually completing a transaction with
Bitcoin, will I get a TX-id if I send the Bitcoins from my newly opened
Coinbase account?

Thanks for your patience.
The site calculates the exchange rate it uses an average rate so if there is a slight spike (that happens in 10-15minutes) or a low point that doesn't last for long it doesn't affect the price.

I've always used electrum to send transactions so not sure how you can get your txid from coinbase I believe you can but its better if you send the coins from an address you control.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
I am a bit confused. This offering is priced in $USD, and yet it's supposed
to be paid for in Bitcoin? What's the expected exchange rate, or do I get
to choose my own rate?  Smiley

I am not surprised that it's priced in $$$, since virtually all the "inputs"
(i.e. the miner, shipping, etc) have a $$$ price attached and not a Bitcoin
price.

Since I am a complete on Noob on actually completing a transaction with
Bitcoin, will I get a TX-id if I send the Bitcoins from my newly opened
Coinbase account?

Thanks for your patience.
Activity: 46
2 shares purchased via website

to: 1CWtopf8y4Ws5yuCU3GwUvU8PVfjBcrQ2p

amount: 1.10529196 BTC

tx: 91aa701051ad17d973c370a6d26c4e8bc230407eaba464d788078ff7279a5ada

please payout to: 19HT1kEf83eFZk3e8iRp3eUGjmqPkkjYjY

thanks ...

gb
Just bought two through the ebay link.  PM to follow.

/Frank
Pages:
Jump to: