Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 165. (Read 211708 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Edit1: Site is up, wallets are working.
Edit2: Something wrong with the connection, lags like crazy. Fixing.[/u]

So...can I buy some of those 15 satoshi Mint's or will that price go up? Will you let us know the minute we can start trading again?

Thanks for everything!! Cheesy Grin Kiss
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Mine for your life
Any news about when the trade will open?
Power loss in a server room, lol.
It is what it is (a small server room without power redundancy (we got UPS but it does not last forever)).
Atleast we are being transparent about our operations - perhaps the most important factor of all.
We have not moved the infrastructure to the "right" (production-mode) datacentre yet - it was planned today, but obviously delayed now.

The thing about coinmarket.io is that we did not expect to be kickstarted so fast.
We are constantly working on all the aspects of a great exchange, but managing everything has not been easy.
The main people of CM have daytime jobs. The support-panel is almost ready to be deployed, it will make things alot easier for everyone.

(it will enable us to get more people onboard without giving them too high access levels)

Exchange going up in 10 minutes.

Edit1: Site is up, wallets are working.
Edit2: Something wrong with the connection, lags like crazy. Fixing.
Activity: 70
█ Scrooge D Silver █
Server room power loss due to weather conditions.
ETA from the power company is 30-60 minutes.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We expect to be online in less than 1 hour.
We expect to resume trading before 00:00 (london GMT time).

Using this downtime for other useful maintenance aswell.
Coming back harder, better, faster and stronger Smiley

Faster you say  Shocked <3

I really enjoy your exchange, keep up your great work and go big!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Power loss in a server room, lol.
Mine for your life

Faster you say  Shocked <3

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
The main reason MINT on mintpal is so high is because coinmarket is down. It's much easier to manipulate one exchange than 2.

You are an enormous retard.

Look buddy. I've watched the trades and it's obvious it's being pumped. Yes people panic-buying helps but that's not it. It's not going up on it's own. So instead of making personal insults how about give some useful input to why you think I'm wrong.

Few reasons:
- rapid mining and entering in PoS stage after few weeks,
- started with own exchange - i.e. you have market from the very beginning. That market is an additional income for the creator of the coin, so he will have quite a motivation to keep the coin alive.
- block halving almost every week
- increasing comunity --> increasing chances for adoption by businesses
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The main reason MINT on mintpal is so high is because coinmarket is down. It's much easier to manipulate one exchange than 2.

Look buddy. I've watched the trades and it's obvious it's being pumped. Yes people panic-buying helps but that's not it. It's not going up on it's own. So instead of making personal insults how about give some useful input to why you think I'm wrong.
Activity: 46

MINT is on 7 exchanges dude. Go wash your face with cold water, open the window and take some fresh air.
Exchanges with low market just follow the rates from bigger exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

Activity: 350

but what about https://www.poloniex.com

it's 26 on there too.
Activity: 126
Activity: 31
I'm guessing people will still be able to cancel orders, despite the fact that trading is halted. If those who have sell orders at 15 satoshi notice the disparity between coinmarket and MintPal, they'll pull those orders as quickly as they can. But we'll see what happens.

Yea exactly. I still think coinmarket should have a particular statement in their terms of service relating to these events.
Activity: 159
ARBITRAGE

CoinMarket, do you have a policy on this given service interruption time to allow for signficant market variations? Everyone is just begging to get MINT when you resume @ 15 sat seeing it's trading at up to 25 sat on MintPal and CryptoRush. A straight up guaranteed 50% profit on 8 BTC is pretty decent.

I canceled and withdraw one of my sales orders here, but there is no changes in main page - so i think this is just last saved number and nothing more. When they  resume trading there will be no such good deals)
Activity: 308
besides, Coinmarket did NOT pause withdrawals & cancelling orders as far as I remember during market pause, so here's your policy.
Everyone who decides to leave his open orders as is for days has no one to blame but himself in this case
Activity: 31
ARBITRAGE

CoinMarket, do you have a policy on this given service interruption time to allow for signficant market variations? Everyone is just begging to get MINT when you resume @ 15 sat seeing it's trading at up to 25 sat on MintPal and CryptoRush.

Welcome to free market dude ;p

lol exactly! I'm quite shocked that the 50M hasn't been cancelled by the sellers. Admittedly, most of them are probably asleep, more aptly put would be 'welcome to the amateur market'.
Activity: 15
I'm guessing people will still be able to cancel orders, despite the fact that trading is halted. If those who have sell orders at 15 satoshi notice the disparity between coinmarket and MintPal, they'll pull those orders as quickly as they can. But we'll see what happens.
Jump to: