Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school - page 26. (Read 2005 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 01:07:41 PM
I think its essential that students get some basic information about cryptocurrencies and the underlying blockchain technology. Since most of us agree that its going to shape our world in the next 10-15 years, than its important that we prepare the new generation for the upcoming challenges. If they are better educated, those scams will have less chance to succeed, and when they chose their future studies some of them might chose fields related to it. I just hope more schools and countries will follow these initiatives.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
February 26, 2018, 01:03:40 PM
This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
That's nice idea. They need too know about what's bitcoin why people keep talking like crazy about it.
But the main and good things if they get knowledge and teach about blockchain
Activity: 4
February 26, 2018, 01:01:30 PM
I think financial education would be the main aim for me. Kids should be leaving school understanding credit scores, debt, loans mortgages. I think cryptocurrency would be a great addition to that syllable.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
February 26, 2018, 01:00:24 PM
At first I did not believe that this news was true, but the link included a video and a photo. I consider this a good idea, and an example for other schools from around the world. It is interesting to know how they managed to introduce all the same into the educational process, information and lessons about crypto-currencies.
Activity: 70
February 26, 2018, 12:54:47 PM
I think it is essential for students to know about blockchain technology and its applications for the future
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION
February 26, 2018, 12:43:48 PM
This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
Well, its a good news because those students in new jersey will have knowledge about crypto currency and will start young and early as soon as they can. In that way, they have higher chances of having a better life in the future because of working and earning bitcon.
Activity: 1210
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 11:25:01 AM
I think this is a good way to spread crypto to the public. but technically I prefer to give theory only.

maybe for this program is more maximal, and run well. then the government minister of education and the minister of economy should work together.
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy
February 26, 2018, 11:09:13 AM

it is a very good thing if they are going to teach their students on how to earn cryptocurrency because in this way, more students will learn the value of money on a earlier age and will become independent while they are young.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
February 26, 2018, 11:04:51 AM

I think it this will happen many people will be knowledgable and they have an opportunity to have their source of income especially in high school even if they are just student.I see that there is a potential in high school students when it comes in bitcoin because they are very updated in technology and they are modern people.
Activity: 22
February 26, 2018, 10:55:54 AM
I doubt that the schoolchildren needs information about the cryptocurrency. If a person needs this information, then he can find it on the Internet.
Activity: 42
February 26, 2018, 10:53:34 AM
Is good to start young and it is the right direction for cryptocurrency. However, i hope they are taught as an extracurricular course so as not to bored the students. The subject might be too heavy for them and it would be best to focus on basic subjects before introducing cryptocurrency to those that are really interested so as not to pull down their overall grades.  
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
February 26, 2018, 10:50:35 AM
Well if they want to teach crypto then so be it.  I just hope that there is no fail grades on this if the student is not interested.  Here in my country, I knew some who are in their high school and earning huge income with bitcoin.  Some already have a house and a car.  If the school wanted to include cryptos then so be it.  It will actually help bitcoin to be more popular.
Activity: 94
February 26, 2018, 10:48:38 AM
dojo good in school
Activity: 168
February 26, 2018, 10:38:38 AM
cryptocurrency education is high school is one of the best thing the  respective country govt is doing it is good to teach students regarding cryptocurrency
Activity: 246
Merit: 2
February 26, 2018, 10:32:26 AM
I have a two opinion in this topic. First it is a good idea to teach crypto currency in highschool so that there will be a new programmer's that can make much better block chains that has unique ideas and good projects. Second I think it is not a good idea, because maybe it'll become the distraction with their studies, they might get out of school or see theirself that why do they have to study if they already know how to create block chains where they can earn big income.
Activity: 308
February 26, 2018, 10:28:46 AM
Cryptocurrency should be taught in high school. We don't have the time to teach our children so it would be beneficial if someone else does it
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
February 26, 2018, 10:22:44 AM

Didn't hear about that particular college, but I've seen plenty of news regarding blockchain and crypto education at all levels, either being in a technological aspect, since we need to have good blockchain programmers in order to develop good projects and solutions, but also in economic areas, for it's financial implications, and in law schools because of regulation matters.

All this is very important, because we need a well informed community in order to minimize the speculation around these markets.
Activity: 239
CAT.EX Exchange
February 26, 2018, 10:18:28 AM

may be only the initiative of his mentor teacher.
and not a curriculum at the secondary school level. but there are things that are positive and need to be given appreciation. I'm sure there are many more real innovations in the future later on the level of human social life.
Activity: 113
February 26, 2018, 10:08:38 AM
I think it is still not necessary to educate high school students at a young age. For sure,they'll focus on their teenage life first before listening to more serious things in life. It is maybe applicable in college students since they are independent young people. Also,high school students barely know mathematics when applied to stocks or investment. It is good for college students who're dedicated when it comes to studying.
Activity: 133
The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange
February 26, 2018, 10:01:56 AM

This is encouraging, but I'm only fully supportive if the cryptocurrency talk is part of a larger discussion on personal finance education. Financial education is far more important to the entire population. And cryptocurrency plays a role in that education, but only if people know the fundamentals of responsible personal finance.

I was surprised by how many people responded that high school is too early to expose students to cryptocurrency. I think they should know about its existence for sure, though possibly with due cautions that there is much more for them to learn. I totally agree with the above point that any education about cryptocurrencies should be part of a larger discussion on responsible personal finance. I don't think children are adequately taught about personal finance in schools or anywhere else. Adults aren't adequately taught about these things either. That's why so many of us are now under crushing debt.

I think that it's not too early to be teaching high schoolers about cryptocurrency basics. I think a lot of the ways they teach math are outdated, and they could have an alternative course for mathematics for those pursuing computer science degrees in college. I also believe they should be introducing the students to the programming languages that are dominating the cryptocurrency industry as well. Cryptocurrencies aren't much different than apps, the main difference is that cryptocurrencies are decentralized for the most part, and used to secure data and pay for processing information to and from the blockchain. I think they should keep the politics out of the high school classroom, but at some point, they're going to have to realize the problems in the financial industry, so that they can help solve some of the problems that still exist even with the use of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
Pages:
Jump to: