Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school - page 30. (Read 2006 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Greentoken-invest in ecology
February 22, 2018, 03:31:54 AM
This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html

Certainly too early to teach cryptocurrency for high school students because cryptocurrency is also a matter of responsibility. If high school students will discover about the unlimited income it can give, then they may neglect their studies. High school is necessary in order to take college, if one cannot finish high school, it would be hard in life. Cryptocurrency must be taught to them by just simple concepts.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
February 22, 2018, 03:31:06 AM
This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
Too early for them to learn about Cryptos. I guess the best time for them to start learning about Cryptocurrencies is when they are in college. At east when they are in college, they already decided which direction to go, are they going for a Banking and Finance degree or maybe they want to be a lawyer or a surgeon. At least give them time to decide, who knows if hey are not into it, why make it mandatory for high school students.
Activity: 214
February 22, 2018, 03:29:39 AM
Education can only be a good thing to increase knowledge & interest in the space as we go forward. It's nice to see educational institutions start to take this approach.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
February 22, 2018, 03:27:14 AM

In my opinion, it is good to have cryptocurrency education in high school. But i must suggest that only a brief introduction of crypto should teach to them. Because I believe that this is not the perfect time of enhancing them in this system. If I'm not mistaken the students in high school will be in the rage of  13- 18 yrs.old where in thru this bracket it consider as a time of setting their first stage of enhancing his/her maturity and capability. Therefore their are not yet responsible enough to this and i think teaching of them is only wasting of time.  
Activity: 93
February 22, 2018, 03:25:50 AM
Good way to keep students prepared for the new era in financial field!
Activity: 93
Merit: 2
February 22, 2018, 03:24:14 AM
I think cryptocurrency must be studied by a college students not a highschool student because it is too early for a highschool student to know what and how bitcoin works. Maybe it can ruin their study because instead of focusing on important subjects they will focus on how to earn using bitcoin. There dreams might be ruin if they already start learning bitcoin. My opinion only.
Activity: 83
Merit: 1
Equitybase
February 22, 2018, 03:10:38 AM
I think this is too early for High school students but the right time for college students, but overall this is great for the crypto community. This will certainly affect the future of Crypto currency market, since they have at least a basic knowledge how blockchain works. Unlike the older people today that has a closed mind thinking that Bitcoin/altcoin is just another scam. This students will be the future investors and will surely make the crypto currency market stay for the future.

I agree! it may be too early for institutions to teach cryptocurrency to high school students, but yes it is very timely for college students. Also it will be a great investment to instill knowledge of the existence of the digital currency and digital assets as, with the right guidance and ample resources, they will become potential investors in the future.
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
February 22, 2018, 02:57:38 AM

As the saying goes "start them young" and this is very true. Shout out to this high school who is not afraid for the changes that is about to come. And I envy these kids who gets to learn a lot about crypto and would not need to learn the hard way. We should have more schools like these in my country as I can see this as a way to get out of the middle class of the society. Again knowledge is the key in this ever changing world.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 02:42:13 AM
Well , I think it ia good to know that cryptocurrency are introduce at teach to high school as they will be more open in the new technology and the role of being good in financial analysis, so they can learn how to handle there own money and invest in good business...
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
February 22, 2018, 02:27:29 AM

This is encouraging, but I'm only fully supportive if the cryptocurrency talk is part of a larger discussion on personal finance education. Financial education is far more important to the entire population. And cryptocurrency plays a role in that education, but only if people know the fundamentals of responsible personal finance.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
February 22, 2018, 02:21:16 AM
They had kids learning how to build websites when the dot come boom took off and that failed. I think its a good way to try and educate and reach kids with new tech, but high school I think is to early for it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 176
February 22, 2018, 02:20:05 AM

Good news to stimulate bitcoin price to rise. Student may not out lagging behind the time. They should now what is going on in the world. There is also a university that open courses about bitcoin and the effect of bitcoin for the world economy.
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
February 22, 2018, 02:13:58 AM
I think this is too early for High school students but the right time for college students, but overall this is great for the crypto community. This will certainly affect the future of Crypto currency market, since they have at least a basic knowledge how blockchain works. Unlike the older people today that has a closed mind thinking that Bitcoin/altcoin is just another scam. This students will be the future investors and will surely make the crypto currency market stay for the future.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
February 22, 2018, 01:46:25 AM

Pages:
Jump to: