Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school - page 29. (Read 2006 times)

Activity: 293
Merit: 107
February 23, 2018, 11:19:00 PM
It is better to point it to high school related to cryptocurrency so that it can be known to all and may be in the future may be well known bitcoin to cryptocurrency.
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 10:54:01 PM
Very nice.. at that stage they can learn more about crypto, at the same time they can help themeselves to finished thier study while applying what they learn.. and after a few years from now they are more knowledgeable, so they can develop a new and better digital currency for the future and help our economy, and orher countries too..
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
February 23, 2018, 10:25:39 PM
This is so cool. How not to be proud to humans when you see something like this Smiley
I think it's not to early for high school. Kids already talk about it, teachers just need to point them to right way.

The key here is that teachers need to point them in the right way. I think if it's done right, teachers can pass on knowledge of cryptocurrencies in the context of the various cautions that should be in place for investing it. Otherwise, it is likely kids will learn a partial picture elsewhere and might be more vulnerable to scams. Of course, parents can and should be instrumental teachers to their children about this (if they know).
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
February 23, 2018, 09:52:16 PM
This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html

This is very welcoming news indeed. This is similar to computer sciences being offered to high school in the latter part of 90's. I remember when I was still in high school back in the days, there was one elective class, all about computers. I'm happy that I took that class because it open up me pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science later. My point is, it can influence the young because it will teach them at least the basics and they can continue in its path later in College if they have the passion about it specially blockchain and cryptography.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
February 23, 2018, 09:51:25 PM
It's good to know that topics about cryptocurrencies are being taught in high school now. This will prepare them in case they want to invest in the future. It is true that children is the future of the world.
Activity: 504
Merit: 268
February 23, 2018, 09:03:11 PM
This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
For me, if this will happen that cryptocurrency education will be teach in high school students,they will know the good thing that cryptocurrency brings to many people.And at the same time they will try or they have a possibilities that they can have a source of income even if they are just a student.Cryptocurrency in high school is a good thing for many people.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 08:41:23 PM

Good news to stimulate bitcoin price to rise. Student may not out lagging behind the time. They should now what is going on in the world. There is also a university that open courses about bitcoin and the effect of bitcoin for the world economy.

If this happen then this can increase the marketcap of bitcoin. In the same time, price of bitcoin will automatically increase too.
I dont really agree if high school student learn about this bitcoin because its risk if student dont have income source. I hope we can teach them when they are in university
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
February 23, 2018, 07:39:59 PM
This is so cool. How not to be proud to humans when you see something like this Smiley
I think it's not to early for high school. Kids already talk about it, teachers just need to point them to right way.
Activity: 336
W12 – Blockchain protocol
February 23, 2018, 07:24:08 PM
Teaching crypto to high school students can boost awareness to the students about crypto. This could be a great help for them to learn in school rather than in other groups that they might get scam at their young age. I couldn't expect from them to focus on here but somehow they have already the idea about crypto.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
February 23, 2018, 06:26:38 PM
I think we should tell our children about blockhain,not about cryptocurrency. Why? Because it's more useful for people technology.It's technology of the future.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 23, 2018, 01:08:29 PM
It is a welcome/good idea teaching BTC in colleges/universities but a little bit too early for high school. If I was taught about such crypto during my days, I would've probably been a drop out because no other course will get my attention except Bitcoin...
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
February 23, 2018, 11:41:10 AM
In my opinion this is the best idea that it should teach in high school, so that they will know and to learn about cryptocurrency in their young age. Even if its too early for them, nothing wrong with that the important is they have already idea about crypto. This idea will encourage also to other schools to teach and being part in their education in high school.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
February 23, 2018, 10:24:35 AM

This is encouraging, but I'm only fully supportive if the cryptocurrency talk is part of a larger discussion on personal finance education. Financial education is far more important to the entire population. And cryptocurrency plays a role in that education, but only if people know the fundamentals of responsible personal finance.

I was surprised by how many people responded that high school is too early to expose students to cryptocurrency. I think they should know about its existence for sure, though possibly with due cautions that there is much more for them to learn. I totally agree with the above point that any education about cryptocurrencies should be part of a larger discussion on responsible personal finance. I don't think children are adequately taught about personal finance in schools or anywhere else. Adults aren't adequately taught about these things either. That's why so many of us are now under crushing debt.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
February 22, 2018, 04:58:35 AM
the school of millionaire i guess Cheesy
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
February 22, 2018, 04:56:01 AM
To be honest with you I learned about cryptography in the university. It is a good thing to educate students about the upcoming technologies but I wonder how much a high school student can grab out of the syllables as cryptography should be learned before you jump into the cryptocurrecy and cryptography is complex, if not they will blindly start using tools and software without knowing underlying theory. 
Activity: 224
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 22, 2018, 04:47:16 AM
I still think it's too early for high school students to study cryptocurrency,because they don't know what it is, I think the best time to do it is in college, so they can understand the knowledge of blockchain and the operation of bitcoin, which will help them in the future.
Activity: 634
February 22, 2018, 04:32:39 AM
It is a good way to educate students about the innovation that is happening to our technology as well as to our currencies. Teaching them at a young age can give them knowledge on how to use internet in a meaningful way where they can earn money. Through this, teenagers/students will avoid using internet for not so important things like playing internet games where they are just wasting their time but rather use this internet in earning money with the help of bitcoin. Also they will learn to save money to be use in investing in bitcoin. At the very young age they will be able to learn how to prepare for their future.
Activity: 336
Merit: 7
February 22, 2018, 04:15:22 AM
I think it is early to educate students. Person shall be ready to take right decisions and to take a risk, and it is impossible when you are young. Of course there are some exceptions, but still it is early.
Activity: 112
February 22, 2018, 03:49:14 AM

digital virtual education needs to be applied at school today.
because to follow the changing times need for insight toward cryto. This is done so that a new generation can be more creative and inofatif
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
February 22, 2018, 03:34:54 AM

It is good that Jersey is the crypto friendly, but I think that school is not a place where crypto should be learnt, and besides its too early to be involved in crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: