Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency education in high school - page 28. (Read 2006 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 01:49:52 PM
This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html

Of course people must get first information about cryptocurrencies in the schools. Digital money are incorporated in different areas of everyday life. Our children must be ready to meet with new technologies.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
February 24, 2018, 01:23:56 PM
Cryptocurrency education in high school is too early for them because high schollers are not yet capable for investing and trading in cryptocurrencies, they are still depending on their parents when it comes to financial. But if it will be teaches in college students can be a good impact for young generations or millennials because college students has a capability to sustain their financials by having a part time jobs and as this new generation, the technology evolves and digital currency was made, it should be now a part of education because it is part of economy.

I don't see why a high school student couldn't invest in cryptocurrencies. It's in high school that many people get their first job. While most high schoolers are working to save up for a new car, Xbox, CDs of their favorite bands, a high school kid could just as easily spend their pay on buying cryptocurrencies and then see what happens. It would be important that the kid understand the concept of "what you can afford to lose." But seriously, most of what a typical high schooler earns is going to be spent on what we would categorize as frivolous items. So why not the frivolous item called cryptocurrencies?

If a high school student could be guided into investing in a POS coin such as DMD Diamond, they would be able to start earning a bit of passive income, which I'm sure they would love. Suppose a high school student worked a job (and his parents are still supporting him so no real bills to pay), put all his earnings into DMD Diamond and staked them, and then sold the minted Diamonds and used those proceeds to buy the fun stuff like Xbox and CDs and so forth? That kid would grow up with a very different outlook on money than most. Hopefully he would find several good POS coins that could do that for him, and also eventually be able to get into some good fiat investments. He could potentially be set up for life before he's anywhere near retirement age.
Activity: 351
Merit: 0
February 24, 2018, 11:19:21 AM
Cryptocurrency education in high school is too early for them because high schollers are not yet capable for investing and trading in cryptocurrencies, they are still depending on their parents when it comes to financial. But if it will be teaches in college students can be a good impact for young generations or millennials because college students has a capability to sustain their financials by having a part time jobs and as this new generation, the technology evolves and digital currency was made, it should be now a part of education because it is part of economy.
Activity: 42
February 24, 2018, 10:45:06 AM
I think this is no problem because as early in high school we all know or learn what cryptocurrency is all about. By this new generation will learn how to use cryptocurrency and justified what currency we should use.
yeah you are absolutely right because the future which is coming for us there will be no cash money in it so it is necessary now to acquire bitcoin knowledge as earlier as possible and in school it will be very effective,
Activity: 556
Merit: 100
February 24, 2018, 09:29:28 AM
I think this is no problem because as early in high school we all know or learn what cryptocurrency is all about. By this new generation will learn how to use cryptocurrency and justified what currency we should use.
Activity: 240
February 24, 2018, 09:21:57 AM
This high school in New Jersey is already teaching its students about cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/bitcoin-education-at-high-schools-and-colleges.html
I think it's a good thing that this meaningful subject is included in the high school curriculum. The basics of crypto will do to high school students. But probably not all students would appreciate its importance yet to the real world. What makes this more effective is to have an advance subject in college. Students at that age is matured enough to think about money matters. Introducing crypto at school would help increase the popularity of crypto and the more people would understand its benefits.
Activity: 293
February 24, 2018, 02:47:44 AM
wah this is good in my opinion but there is a time to learn cryptococcus, but according to me learn about its basic base just because all have to start early recognition. this will affect a good future because those who learn basic bitcoin will develop bitcoin and how it works to be efetive, and they will hold back crypto currency markets in the future.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
February 24, 2018, 02:35:36 AM
a very courageous decision when teaching about crypto currency in high school because I imagine the students will not focus on their lessons they will be focused on crypto currency
Activity: 25
February 24, 2018, 02:09:51 AM
Well I think it should be taught on senior kids and should be taught on ICT subjects I guess so if someone had the idea on what is crytocurrency they will be able to teach it to them.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
February 24, 2018, 02:01:53 AM
This is great news, I wonder now how many of these kids will catch the Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency bug and start buying up cryptos and bitcoin with their pocket money and maybe in a few years be the firs tin their generation to become rich? I would love to see a follow up on this story in say three years from now and see where some of these first students are at in their Bitcoin lives. I wish I had cryptos when I was young, I feel old right now at 52 but  guess it's better late than never.
Activity: 143
February 24, 2018, 01:49:44 AM
I think its enough to teach only the basics for high school because they still need guidance since they are not yet obligated to work or support finances. Disadvantages are students being addicted to it and does not plan to get a stable job anymore or learn to use it on crimes.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
February 24, 2018, 01:04:16 AM

This is good news because the new generation would be aware then of the new innovations. It is an undeniable fact that blockchain technology would be a great help for businesses if use properly so it would be just right to include it in their lessons aside from entrepreneurship and tax. Good move for their school because more and more universities are including blockchain as a course so it would be a great way of introduction to them to the world of blockchain. When they are already studying in university then they would not be in the dark as to what it is about because they already learned it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
February 24, 2018, 12:59:53 AM
This might be a very good start for a high school students to study and have knowlegde about bitcoin because it is already in the internet and for just to let them know that bitcoin is really exists. But they only need know the basics of cryptocurrency world and how it really works because it might affect on thier studies and focused only in bitcoin.
Activity: 946
Merit: 500
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
February 24, 2018, 12:54:50 AM
The advantage of this cryptocurrency education in high school is having the early knowledge in many different aspects of cryptocurrencies, on how the virtual currency work, the high risk it carries in investment and some basic guidance in investing.
The disadvantages are varied like when the student got addicted to cryptocurrency and this might affect his studies eventualy or lost some big amount of money because of novice trading. Many students will use the knowledge they gained in crypto education and might result in losing interest on his studies.
If I knew it back when I was in highschool, I will definitely focused on it or I get confused whether to go in school or focus on earning since I will already earned by that time, it will be a good way to open peoples idea on how the technology can change their lives.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
February 24, 2018, 12:47:46 AM
The advantage of this cryptocurrency education in high school is having the early knowledge in many different aspects of cryptocurrencies, on how the virtual currency work, the high risk it carries in investment and some basic guidance in investing.
The disadvantages are varied like when the student got addicted to cryptocurrency and this might affect his studies eventualy or lost some big amount of money because of novice trading. Many students will use the knowledge they gained in crypto education and might result in losing interest on his studies.
Activity: 45
February 24, 2018, 12:43:08 AM
This is a very good thing because everyone deserves to know Cryptocurrency. There is no age limit for learning about Cryptocurrency, but the time should be balanced with their general education. I think the age of high school kids is enough to learn to invest.
Activity: 267
February 24, 2018, 12:20:05 AM
Good news to stimulate bitcoin prices to go up. I think it's too early for high school students but it's a great time for college students, but overall it's great for community crypto.There are also universities that open courses on bitcoin and bitcoin effects for the world economy.
Activity: 256
February 24, 2018, 12:19:28 AM
This is a good news. High schoolers can now learn about cryptos at their early stage of their lives. Just don't pressure them to totally learn all about it. I think basic knowledge is a step forward.
Activity: 28
February 24, 2018, 12:15:07 AM
I dont think it will be bad thing because the children is exopse with a lott of stuff  every day,and to teach them about cryptocurrency will only help them in the future.
Activity: 248
February 23, 2018, 11:49:01 PM
the school of millionaire i guess Cheesy

I think it's good to teach at college all about cryptocurrencies it can be help them in the project and other financial needed in school. The high school student they should enjoy their life as a kid and don't think about money because it's to early to them join at cryptocurrencies. What they will not go to the college level because of the cryptocurrency is teach at high school level. I'm not disagree the idea of teaching to the student but it's happen to my friend his brother decide not going in college level because he want to be a millionaire. He quit his dream and change to become millionaire and become a hard headed kid for now. So I'm favor that they will teach at college level. It's my own opinion only.
Pages:
Jump to: