Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 10. (Read 172850 times)

legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
What can I do you lowlife scum. I'd join a class action lawsuit if they start one.

You mean like the Gunbot customers against Cryptopia: class action from two years ago?

Or, the very shady Controversial businessman recruiting Cryptopia victims for class action from a year ago?

Roll Eyes

...Potty Mouthed rant...

Don't be so Potty Mouthed.
Activity: 127
Merit: 5
These New Zealand sheep herders need to force Grant Thornton to give us back our coins or remove them as liquidators

And what the fuck have you done about it apart from bleating like a dickless pussy on this thread?

What can I do you lowlife scum. I'd join a class action lawsuit if they start one. I don't live in NZ like you do you useless coward. Go have a talk with them since you live close by you spineless imbecilic. You're too scared to do anything. The only time a little bitch like you acts tough is on the internet.  Little bitch living in his parents basement. Go do something you useless fuck.
Activity: 410
Merit: 106
These New Zealand sheep herders need to force Grant Thornton to give us back our coins or remove them as liquidators

And what the fuck have you done about it apart from bleating like a dickless pussy on this thread?
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
ah FFS, this is ridiculous.

Sounds odd that XSN Coin was targeted from 1 wallet.
Smells like some funny business took place...
Activity: 839
Merit: 267
Chad Hodler since 2013
I helped my dad to use the claim portal some days after it was created and I remember it was a pain to respond to the questions to proceed with the procedure to verify the ownership.

Something like when you first registered, which was the pair you last traded, some very specific question which are almost impossibile to remember.

I don't know if they have changed or offered an alternative way, I have to try in the next days.

According to a Stuff report Thursday, a creditor, U.S. firm Stakenet, has been told that about NZ$62,000 (US$45,000) in the XSN cryptocurrency had been transferred out of its cold wallet on Feb. 1.

This second hack it's very tiny compared to the main one... but still it shouldn't have happened.
Activity: 410
Merit: 106
liquidator should be held responsible and refund it back. Also NZ government should pay for this. its outrageous. One year of milking investors' funds and this happens again..

Being a NZ tax payer I say this is a fucking retarded idea its not the job of a govn to bail out companies in liquidation.

GT fucked up here, they will be held liable for not securing assets.

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
liquidator should be held responsible and refund it back. Also NZ government should pay for this. its outrageous. One year of milking investors' funds and this happens again..
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
So again they got hacked. They never intended to give the users their money back.

For the current good condition happening in the market for sure the cryptopia management doubt to return back the money of their users since if they really do that they will lose more money since the value of bitcoin and other alts pump up so best for now is not to believe on any of their statement since there's no doubt that they are thinking to flee and will not return any funds here.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1094
So again they got hacked. They never intended to give the users their money back.
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
Inside job...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
https://www.coindesk.com/cryptopia-exchange-currently-in-liquidation-gets-hacked-again-report

The Cryptopia exchange has reportedly been hacked again, even as it is being liquidated following a previous breach that stole NZ$24 million (US$15.5 million).

According to a Stuff report Thursday, a creditor, U.S. firm Stakenet, has been told that about NZ$62,000 (US$45,000) in the XSN cryptocurrency had been transferred out of its cold wallet on Feb. 1.

Unused since the first Cryptopia hack in January 2019, the wallet is reported to contain crypto assets worth NZ$2.7 million (US$1.97 million) in total.

Liquidator Grant Thornton New Zealand said it hadn't authorized the movement of funds and that it is investigating the incident, according to an email seen by Stuff.
Stakenet had not lost funds in the 2019 hack and had been hoping to eventually receive all its assets back.

“If this unauthorised transaction has happened under Grant Thornton’s watch then they need to explain to the users why they failed to secure ... [the] assets like they were supposed to do and how someone was able to access them,” the company told Stuff.

The news comes soon after Grant Thornton had finally started allowing former users of the exchange to enter claims to retrieve their assets
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249

all i can do is wait for a response

Did you get your email or do you not received the claim portal mail ?

I wrote a ticket back in December and received an automatic response saying that they were going to be closed for vacations until the second week of January and that they were overloaded by tickets, so the estimated waiting time would be February.

In my case, I received the answer last week, so don't worry if they are slow in their response, as they will eventually answer your emails.

About the information they ask for, it is quite difficult to remember all the details, but I hope they are flexible and understand that most of us don't keep the track of all these details.

I would say there are quite a number of tickets to go through, patience is the key, what else is there.

They will definitely have to be flexible, who would have kept a daily record of their holdings?

is anyone now keeping more of a record and saving emails for lodgements/withdrawals?
I have started to be more mindful of creating folders for exchange related corresponce in case
this sort of stuff happens again.

It doesn't look like we're getting our coins back at all. Even if we pass the verification and kyc they still need to update the wallets code. You cannot withdraw coins from wallets using outdated code. The withdrawals won't go through.

The New Zealand courts are ill equipped to deal with these kind of cases because the judges know next to nothing about how the crypto currency industry works.

They'll allow these Grant Thornton scammers to make the verification and kyc extremely hard. Then they'll allow the Grant Thornton scammers to keep the old wallets code.  

The scammers will then claim that the users never withdrew their coins even though they know its impossible to withdraw coins from a wallet using outdated code. They'll then apply to the courts to keep the coins and pocket the money.
legendary
Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002
Just wanted to give an short update on the email things from the Claim Portal !

From the 2.3 Millionen registered Users are around 960.000 Users that have a Balance on there Cryptopia Account.
This means if you havnt a Balance or Coins anymore on Cryptopia at the time the Liqidation started you will not receive or received an Email for the Claim Portal.
Only the Users with Coins and a Balance received the Email for the Claim Portal.

If you know you have a Balance there and havnt got for now the email you have to write to the https://cryptopia.zendesk.com/ Support.

Just wanted to let you know about.
Almost 2 months no response from ticket, and i got claim port which is didnt work fo me
Waiting my etn back i still remember how much my etn in there
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
About the information they ask for, it is quite difficult to remember all the details, but I hope they are flexible and understand that most of us don't keep the track of all these details.

I know , and yes the its hard to remember but you need at least only 2 things right there to get the registration done .

How funds recovery process looks now? I heard people who want to  make a claim have to face very different problems?  What are the chances  to recover lost funds?

There is no Information about how the process will looks like or will be going for now.
I guess they still wait that more Users will be getting registered and also maybe that the most of the support tickets are done before they going into the next steps.
For sure the next step will be the KYC , but i really dont know how the recover of funds will be going or done.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
How funds recovery process looks now? I heard people who want to  make a claim have to face very different problems?  What are the chances  to recover lost funds?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 2032
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
all i can do is wait for a response

I wrote a ticket back in December and received an automatic response saying that they were going to be closed for vacations until the second week of January and that they were overloaded by tickets, so the estimated waiting time would be February.

In my case, I received the answer last week, so don't worry if they are slow in their response, as they will eventually answer your emails.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
We never thought to write down what our totals were as we went.
Dont worry , i guess nobody has thought or expected that and i also have not done it !
But therefor more questions and it should be possible to get at least the 2 needed right there.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
That's the problem most of us faced: We tried to withdraw altcoins only to have them become stuck transactions, or, we were able to sell for major coins only to find those crypto BTC DOGE LTC etc had no funds in the hot wallets that we could draw down from.

We never thought to write down what our totals were as we went.
Pages:
Jump to: