Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 6. (Read 172850 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103
This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
I have one question: how can a person who did not pass KYC before the exchange was hacked confirm his profile, only by email, phone and transactions?
Its just simple , there are questions on Claims Portal with Transactions you did , and they have also the registered email that you got on cryptopia ,
this email is used for sending the registration email for the Claims Portal , also there are Questions what Username and what kind of coins and balances you got there.
Also where are you from is asked and they can see that from there Ips they got back in the days and there are more things that only the owner can know.

Maybe it's easy for you to remember the exact transactions after all these years but for others like myself, it's not. Neither do I remember the whole amount and which coins I had in exact numbers. You need at least 3 correct matches to different sections to proceed and there is no e-mail to contact them and do this "manually". At least I don't have any but for sure I had funds. So by saying that they really want to give back our money but instead they leave time passing and make things harder, is just a joke.
Activity: 714
Merit: 288
I'm starting to initiate my claim but I'm stuck at the 2FA step. I still have it set up from the time the site was still running, however, it is not recognizing it. I have tried to contacts support but, since early July I have no answer at all. Anyone with the same issue?
back in first kyc i'm stuck cannot pass in their wallet but not 2FA, and sending support which is 2,5months without any  reply, and try another ticket, and they applogize, and manualy approved my kyc,
this final stage kyc is simpler than before and took couple minutes without any problem. the last thing is court approval then they can send coin to us, looks like we'll got the coin before the bullrun end
I don't think it's all very easy because we have some good number of members, and they need to do some good work for this all even first court approval is also very important which can take some time if this all happens in routine then still we will have to wait for some long time for having our funds back in our wallets.

Liquidators are taking some good fees for this all they will try to take some good time as they also good beneficiary of this all but good thing we all have some good hope of having return of our funds. Few months back I was not sure about this all but now feeling some better and have positive hope.
legendary
Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002
I'm starting to initiate my claim but I'm stuck at the 2FA step. I still have it set up from the time the site was still running, however, it is not recognizing it. I have tried to contacts support but, since early July I have no answer at all. Anyone with the same issue?
back in first kyc i'm stuck cannot pass in their wallet but not 2FA, and sending support which is 2,5months without any  reply, and try another ticket, and they applogize, and manualy approved my kyc,
this final stage kyc is simpler than before and took couple minutes without any problem. the last thing is court approval then they can send coin to us, looks like we'll got the coin before the bullrun end
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
I have one question: how can a person who did not pass KYC before the exchange was hacked confirm his profile, only by email, phone and transactions?
Its just simple , there are questions on Claims Portal with Transactions you did , and they have also the registered email that you got on cryptopia ,
this email is used for sending the registration email for the Claims Portal , also there are Questions what Username and what kind of coins and balances you got there.
Also where are you from is asked and they can see that from there Ips they got back in the days and there are more things that only the owner can know.

Dont use the 2FA that you got and have on Cryptopia when it was alive , as this 2FA is not anymore active and has nothing to do with the Claims Portal !
You have to set up a new one for the Claims Portal and you have to write to https://cryptopia.zendesk.com/ when you want Support.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
Activity: 714
Merit: 288
Just sending friendly reminder to check your e-mail if you registered a claim for returning of funds.

I got e-mail two days ago, and it is required to
1. Take a photo of ID/Passport or driving licence.
2. Also you need to record yourself on webcam or mobile phone and
3. Take a photo of bank statement or utility bill which shows your current address.

Good luck to all who are in claim process Smiley

Thank you for sharing this, I am following this topic since a good friend got into this situation with criptopia, he also already has a registered application, but has not yet received letters with similar requirements.

I didn't receive an email either. I had a verified Cryptopia account so perhaps they're only sending emails to unverified accounts.
Check your spam folder as well because I also received an email from them about KYC even my account was not verified on Cryptopia, but now I have to clear this for my claim. Still it's very long process because I am feeling we have to wait nearly one year for this all as they are doing right now very long time, and now we have emails for KYC.

But still I am hopefully I will be able to have some funds back which I lost here very long ago.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
I didn't receive an email either. I had a verified Cryptopia account so perhaps they're only sending emails to unverified accounts.

Yesterday I talked to my friend who faced this situation with cryptopia, he checked his mail and really confirmed that an email had arrived about the identity verification procedure, but he had an account on the exchange without KYC. I have one question: how can a person who did not pass KYC before the exchange was hacked confirm his profile, only by email, phone and transactions?
Activity: 243
Merit: 232
Digital scarcity is a one-time discovery.
Just sending friendly reminder to check your e-mail if you registered a claim for returning of funds.

3. Take a photo of bank statement or utility bill which shows your current address.

Thank you for sharing this, I am following this topic since a good friend got into this situation with criptopia, he also already has a registered application, but has not yet received letters with similar requirements.

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490

Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪 https://freebitco.in/?r=38535612

legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
That's certainly true, but GT run the risk that years into the future they will either have to fend off challenges via the New Zealand courts for information of user's identities which will eat into any profits GT might make from Cryptopia.

Data storage costs alone will be a blight on their bottom line. Especially if enquiries are spaced out just enough.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103
This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
Certain users here are going to have to weigh up whether or not they claim via KYC from Cryptopia / GT as once their identities are known, *anyone* can then serve GT with court papers to obtain the KYC details of any users for any reason...

Years into the future.

Even if I'm one of those who weigh their KYC more than their holdings on Cryptopia, Cryptopia / GT verification process makes it more than hard from the start if you choose to share your identity. If the process was easier, maybe those users (including me) would weigh it differently. For me, they just want to give as little as they can and this is one of the best ways to achieve it.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Certain users here are going to have to weigh up whether or not they claim via KYC from Cryptopia / GT as once their identities are known, *anyone* can then serve GT with court papers to obtain the KYC details of any users for any reason...

Years into the future.
legendary
KYC stage hasn't even begun yet so unlikely anyone would get anything yet.
The real KYC stage and step hasnt begun for now officially but the testing phase for some random Users has started.
This means for a few random Accounts that got an email its possible to make the KYC step already.
But thats all and after the testing all Accounts will be getting the email for the KYC step.
If the KYC step is done successful we have to wait again for the next step.
Activity: 410
Merit: 106
KYC stage hasn't even begun yet so unlikely anyone would get anything yet.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
Has anyone received any coins from Grant Thor?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
Would this be allowed to go on in USA, Europe or even more developed Asia, let alone many other nations?  Is there a chance that the NZ government might get involved?

A government can't make crypto appear out of thin air.

This stuff is long since gone.

It appears someone did get a small distribution back.  These are usually people with contacts and such.  Special treatment.  It happens everywhere.

The funds are gone.  Move on and don't beat yourself up.

Still give them hell though.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314

They also have 102.000$ of disbursement costs so it seems that someone got their money back after all?
No, you're misreading the chart... that $102k is the total of all the things above (ie. travel+cyber security+AML expertise+data hosting+"sundry").

No one has been "paid out".
legendary
f*** .... the claim website seems not active, is there another way to try again the claim process ?
Looks like the problem is on your end , maybe its possible that the Browser you are using is the problem , did you tried Firefox , it should be working there if its the Browser.
I just also tried to login to the Claims Portal webpage and got no problem after inserting the 2FA Code and then i was instant in my Account there.
If you dont get it working write the Support at https://cryptopia.zendesk.com and explain your problem.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Anyone was able to register to the website ? Each time i tried, the website was stuck in the main page with no possibility to proceed to next steps... I tried on several computers, with different OS, from Windows, to Mac and Android...

I was able to about two weeks ago.

f*** .... the claim website seems not active, is there another way to try again the claim process ?
Pages:
Jump to: