Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 4. (Read 172850 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
Maybe someone has some fresh data about how communication is going on with the team dealing with the issue of liquidation and compensation to affected users of the Cryptopia exchange, and then there has been no news here for almost three months, which does not look optimistic. Sad

So it looks like you dont have readed the last Liquidator update fully then !
If there will be coming any news or updates i will for sure post the links to them here.
So the only thing we can do is to wait til we get some news from the Liquidators.
Where to go for updates
We appreciate that you want to be advised of our progress on the Cryptopia liquidation with our next statutory report due in June 2022 however, we expect to provide an update on legal applications before this date. We will continue to update you as further information comes to hand and provide updates on the claims process.
Source : https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-claimants-and-stakeholders-10-dec-2021/
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
Maybe someone has some fresh data about how communication is going on with the team dealing with the issue of liquidation and compensation to affected users of the Cryptopia exchange, and then there has been no news here for almost three months, which does not look optimistic. Sad
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1103
This is what I do. I drink and I know things.
So 2nd half next year before they deploy what the return process could be like. GT are milking this to the very last drop, sucking the teat till its only dust coming out.

Can you please explain what do you mean by that? There is a way to do something faster? Besides, they need a court order regarding both unclaimed funds and their distribution, along with the funds that were claimed and waiting to be distributed. As far as I know, court orders for such cases are not as fast as we all want... Sad
Activity: 410
Merit: 106
So 2nd half next year before they deploy what the return process could be like. GT are milking this to the very last drop, sucking the teat till its only dust coming out.
legendary
There is a new Update from the Cryptopia Liquidators out now !

Some Information about how the things are going and how the next steps will be .
Everybody should be reading it for there one and i dont want to quote the whole text written from the Liquidators.

Source 1 : https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-claimants-and-stakeholders-10-dec-2021/
Source 2 : https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1469088823728431109
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
Do we know about the funds that will be distributed back to holders? As far as I know, it wouldn't be the 100%. Undecided
yep, it all depends on how much in cryptos they will be able to obtain from selling these documents on darknet. Definitely not 100%

just kidding Grin
legendary
Glad to hear that you successful pass the KYC verification , and yeah looks like it works with a Smartphone better as on other devices.
You dont get any Email when you successful done the KYC , just loggin into your Claims Portal Account and if all is good ,
there should be written " Confirmation Thank you for adding your Identification documentation " .

You only will get an Email when something was going wrong with the KYC or if there is an issue with it.

Well, that's what I see in my account, plus my reference number, so I guess I'm all good to go. Smiley Hopefully, the next e-mail will be for getting to the next phase and not for a KYC issue.
Do we know about the funds that will be distributed back to holders? As far as I know, it wouldn't be the 100%. Undecided
legendary
Today I try to pass the KYC verification procedure via my phone (the previous one was from my PC) and it seems that it was successful. It doesn't take long (a couple of minutes) and it was pretty easy if you have your doxs ready. By the way, does anyone knows if there will be any e-mail regarding our KYC approval or the only new notice from GT will be about the next phase initiation?
Glad to hear that you successful pass the KYC verification , and yeah looks like it works with a Smartphone better as on other devices.
You dont get any Email when you successful done the KYC , just loggin into your Claims Portal Account and if all is good ,
there should be written " Confirmation Thank you for adding your Identification documentation " .

You only will get an Email when something was going wrong with the KYC or if there is an issue with it.
legendary
Today I try to pass the KYC verification procedure via my phone (the previous one was from my PC) and it seems that it was successful. It doesn't take long (a couple of minutes) and it was pretty easy if you have your doxs ready. By the way, does anyone knows if there will be any e-mail regarding our KYC approval or the only new notice from GT will be about the next phase initiation?
The level of retardation in this thread is next level Forest Gump. Cryptopia was hacked. Grant Thornton are handling the liquidation and the company you are now dealing with. TOTALLY DIFFERENT FUCKING COMPANY!
Activity: 714
Merit: 288
I can't believe people are forking more personal information to a company that has robbed them.
Many don't want to do this, but they are still taking this risk because they have hope for something good I am also having few doubts, but amount is big just because of this I am also doing this all even I already leave few sites just because of this they are now asking for KYC verification, but I am feeling no happy with this but here case is completely different, so I am also involved in this all.
legendary
I can't believe people are forking more personal information to a company that has robbed them.

This is not the case here. The company didn't rob us, they didn't get the money and go "in the wind". Instead, they did what they suppose to do following the procedure that the authorities point out. IMO if someone has a good amount of crypto, he should pass the KYC. Even if he doesn't really want to.
Activity: 564
Merit: 19

+1 This...

Another clueless poster enters the chat. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
legendary
Got it, so far so good  Cool
Glad to hear that you got it and that all has worked for you with the KYC registration !
Now we have to wait again before the next step is starting , will write in here when i get some News and Information or when the Liquidators bring out some Update.

Today I have my email about KYC, but now I am in some very interesting situation, my passport is expired last week. Now I want to ask they will accept this, or I have to wait for my new passport which is due after 24 days, hopefully someone will give me some good update about this because already waiting for years and can wait for some more. But just for information, is this OK going with expired passport or no.
I would say that you wait for the KYC registration and that you should be doing it when you have your new passport , just to be sure on that !
Guess with an expired passport you will have only problems or it would be not possible for you to register.
There is enough time for doing it , so there is no rush.

Any news?
What News do you want ?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I'm still waiting for mine! What address do they ask for? The one in your ID?
Hey monrad , i think you will get yours soon if you already have registered at the Claims Portal it just a matter time you will receive it.
There are so many emails that have to sended and i got mine 2 days ago and otheres 4 ago , you should be good.
The address where you live and it should be match the one you have written on the Claims Portal and also with your ID Card.

Got it, so far so good  Cool

@GbitG I don't know if they look at the expiration date. Maybe it doesn't matter but that's something I don't know. I think you'll get your new passport before they can answer that question. Support is pretty slow. They took two months to answer an email, so, if you ask, be patient.
Activity: 960
Merit: 514
Activity: 714
Merit: 288
Hey monrad , i think you will get yours soon if you already have registered at the Claims Portal it just a matter time you will receive it.
There are so many emails that have to sended and i got mine 2 days ago and otheres 4 ago , you should be good.
The address where you live and it should be match the one you have written on the Claims Portal and also with your ID Card.

Thanks! Yes I already registered and completed the first step. I know they are doing country by country, I can wait, time is not a problem. I'll have to verify what address I provided. I want to have everything prepared before they contact me  Grin
Today I have my email about KYC, but now I am in some very interesting situation, my passport is expired last week. Now I want to ask they will accept this, or I have to wait for my new passport which is due after 24 days, hopefully someone will give me some good update about this because already waiting for years and can wait for some more. But just for information, is this OK going with expired passport or no.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

Thanks! Yes I already registered and completed the first step. I know they are doing country by country, I can wait, time is not a problem. I'll have to verify what address I provided. I want to have everything prepared before they contact me  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: