Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 21. (Read 33664 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I'd like more DRK/XMR/SDC soldiers debate here about there projects, it could be interesting I think.
Just be friendly folks
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

The anonymization is handled by those "configured wallets", it's still not end to end.

Optimising monetary fungibility is a very different technical objective from implementing "end to end" anonymity.

If we look back at historical monetary media, like gold, there was no "end to end" anonymity in the sense that people wre trying to hide their transactions. But there was full fungibility (at least optionally) due to gold's low melting point.

A minted coin could be recognised from one transaction to the next but then if a pile of them were melted down and turned into bars instead, the coins were no longer recognisable.

So "hiding the transaction" is a distinct priority from "showing the transaction" but optimising monetary fungibility. In that sense, cryptonote tech is persuing the former and darkcoin tech is persuing the latter by supporting pre-emptive mixing - or 'melting' while the coins are in the wallet. In darkcoin, the coin supply is being continually anonymised because it gets done in your wallet, the previous wallet, the one before that and the one before that. There is less emphasis on any 1 transaction and more emphasis on keeping the coin supply as a whole anonymous and fungible.

Whatever the specific comparisons on the effectiveness of cryptography vs mixing, they are largely irrelevant because darkcoin's massive redundancy and iterative approach blows away any deficiency. It's also a more holistic approach which addresses monetary priorities rather than security ones.

For a prospective monetary medium, thats the right way around in my opinion.

Very good points indeed.
Activity: 399
I would be extremely interested in seeing independent evaluations of SDC by prominent members of the community.

They should ask Dan Metcalf, he can review any coin in a day or two max.

Cheesy nice one Tongue

So it's really puzzling why SDC continues to remain such a huge underdog compared to DRK and XMR.

I'd guess that the community is the reason. It signals itself in similar ways to pump and dump scamcoins. Especially from the very beginning by getting so involved comparing itself to Bob Surplus' pump and dump Stealthcoin. SDC has never really been presented as a legitimate project like say XMR is, despite the fact that it's apparently turned out to be one with some new tech implementations and such.

It might really be the problem here.

In fact we didn't compare to Bobsurplus scams, it's BobSurplus who keep attacking SDC, from LibrexCoin to XST, and even BlockNet https://twitter.com/EMC2Whale/status/517517379656749056

Some of the Shadow fan/members replied to this attacks, and Longandshort even attacked them, showing where this coins were a joke.

So until december 2014 we were under constant attack by BobSurplus puppet accounts, pump group members and XST fans.

As a result, our communication was a mess for a very long time. And a lot of people didn't take the project seriously  Sad

Now the project is starting to win awarness from the altcoin community, this is great. The problem is always about the FUD, false accusations and everything from guys trying to throw one of the best anon project.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
I would be extremely interested in seeing independent evaluations of SDC by prominent members of the community.

Cheesy nice one Tongue

So it's really puzzling why SDC continues to remain such a huge underdog compared to DRK and XMR.

I'd guess that the community is the reason. It signals itself in similar ways to pump and dump scamcoins. Especially from the very beginning by getting so involved comparing itself to Bob Surplus' pump and dump Stealthcoin. SDC has never really been presented as a legitimate project like say XMR is, despite the fact that it's apparently turned out to be one with some new tech implementations and such.

It might really be the problem here.

In fact we didn't compare to Bobsurplus scams, it's BobSurplus who keep attacking SDC, from LibrexCoin to XST, and even BlockNet https://twitter.com/EMC2Whale/status/517517379656749056

Some of the Shadow fan/members replied to this attacks, and Longandshort even attacked them, showing where this coins were a joke.

So until december 2014 we were under constant attack by BobSurplus puppet accounts, pump group members and XST fans.

As a result, our communication was a mess for a very long time. And a lot of people didn't take the project seriously  Sad
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Good one. Thanks for compiling!
Activity: 476

Thats only because hes reviewing his own code. lol
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

Only for Prometheus and always right at the peak of the pump.  Definitely a coincidence and surely no collusion occurred.

That does make sense.  Now that I look back on it, I think I ignored it from the start because that's exactly what I assumed it would be.  Back then there was a new POS coin promising revolutionary anonymous tech every day, it was easy to ignore.

Development continues to chug along and it looks more impressive and legitimate every time I look at it so I have made a modest investment.  Considering it's marketcap is peanuts compared to XMR and DRK, it has plenty of room for growth if public perception shifts and it begins to be viewed as a more serious project.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

Cheesy nice one Tongue

That and an above average number of SDC trolls and shills giving it a bad rep.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha

Cheesy nice one Tongue

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
With a marketcap of 330K USD Shadowcash seems out of place. It doesn't from that perspective appear to put it in the same league as the other two.

This is more about the tech and going by that Shadow more than deserves to be included in this list.

Have there been any independent evaluations of SDC's tech compared to other altcoins?

To my untrained eyes, SDC seems like a very impressive project.  Evan from DRK even proposed a merger of the teams at one point so he had to be impressed by the SDC development team.

legendary
Activity: 1190
With a marketcap of 330K USD Shadowcash seems out of place. It doesn't from that perspective appear to put it in the same league as the other two.

This is more about the tech and going by that Shadow more than deserves to be included in this list.

Have there been any independent evaluations of SDC's tech compared to other altcoins?
Activity: 308
So...with DRK and XMR which one is Betamax and which one is VHS? Tongue

Beta was supposed to be the superior technology, right(XMR?)? But VHS had the network effect and user base(DRK?)?

I don't know regarding crypto, but beta is superior to vhs. I had some family go vhs, some beta. I remember rental stores having an equal volume for both. Beta was used professionally for years after vhs took over the home market.

Tech doesn't matter, perception matters. We still use internal combustion engines. Almost 200 year old tech.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
So...with DRK and XMR which one is Betamax and which one is VHS? Tongue

Beta was supposed to be the superior technology, right(XMR?)? But VHS had the network effect and user base(DRK?)?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

As if MarketCap really means something in tech...

So sure?

I'm not sure to understand your reference  Huh

exactly.

So sure?

I'm not sure to understand your reference  Huh
Activity: 308

So sure?

Hopefully, this thread is focused on the tech, that means something.
Not like marketcap that can change in one night Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Look at how high are LiteCoin and DogeCoin ?  Roll Eyes

It doesn't mean it won't go much higher in the future, you now cryptocurrencies ...

I strongly agree, nowadays i measure fair liquidity (how much you can liquidate within 20% of starting price) as an indicator.

Market cap is just number of token x price, which is unrealistic.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

Look at how high are LiteCoin and DogeCoin ?  Roll Eyes

It doesn't mean it won't go much higher in the future, you now cryptocurrencies ...
Pages:
Jump to: