Pages:
Author

Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9 - page 4. (Read 4583 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Why are you taking this personally and boasting about your mining ideals, does that makes you feel good ? This is not about you and me. Neither you know my motivation for mining.
First you were talking about community & miners and now you are talking about the project & devs, those are two different things. Are you saying that it is the job of the devs or founders to be responsible for what to do best for humanity ? because it does not matter "Whether or not a miner mines for profit" You assume and blame me for mining for profit but then say that it does not matter  "Whether or not a miner mines for profit". Contradiction.

You were saying that ASICs were not necessary but how is something unnecessary when it was destined to arrive. You can not go back to past and remove ASICS from existing. Everything happens for good in the universe. It was destined to happen. Our present actions are not decided by us but by our destiny. Only because of Cold war man pushed themselves to their extremes and we reached the moon, it had to happen this way only because it was destined to happen this way. ASICs are just a phase of cryptocurrencies that will be gone but it will only help them. There can't be any other way round.

I'll let you ponder your statements and maybe some day [Maybe several years or never] you'll figure it out.  Your mind is biased.

I'm saying Developers make their coin more attractive by bringing about what you see in the bottom signature of all my posts.  As for everything else you said, YOU figure it out.  You're simply too biased and want to try to justify your absurd logic in posts with me.

It's blatantly obvious you're biased.  So obvious, I'm not going to waste my time refuting everything else cause it's that easy for everyone else who understands to read between the lines.  IF someone else were to come on with an unbiased mind and legitimate statements and/or questions, I'll attempt to explain.  As for you, you're simply not worth my time.

I learned a LONG time ago in this industry, "BE CAREFUL OF MAKING FLAT STATEMENTS."  You've made one after the other over and over again.  Are you a developer?  Hell no...  Otherwise, I know for a fact you would not have made the statements you made.

Ignored permanently...
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
Whether or not a miner mines for profit has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether or not a project, such as ZEN, ZEC, BTG, XMR, etc...  decides to actually DO WHAT IS BEST FOR HUMANITY.  ROFL....

All you're concerned with is profit.  That's it... and you admit it.  You're prerogative...  I too care for profit.  However, unlike you, I ALSO care for a coin/project that's a viable alternative to FIAT to help humanity in regards to decentralized currency, privacy, freedom of speech and freedom from tyranny.
Why are you taking this personally and boasting about your mining ideals, does that makes you feel good ? This is not about you and me. Neither you know my motivation for mining.
First you were talking about community & miners and now you are talking about the project & devs, those are two different things. Are you saying that it is the job of the devs or founders to be responsible for what to do best for humanity ? because it does not matter "Whether or not a miner mines for profit" You assume and blame me for mining for profit but then say that it does not matter  "Whether or not a miner mines for profit". Contradiction.

You keep contradicting yourself.  On one hand you say, not surrender then you say, "not much we can do right now."  Note: how you said, "right now" to cover your ass.  BUT while continuing to say afterward "...but that won't make much difference to the big picture, etc... etc... etc..."

So what's the deal?

You come on here ridiculing me for speaking out for a viable coin for humanity and an ASIC Resistant coin being part of the solution for humanity.  While at the same time admitting yourself in this quote I made of yours that something needs to be done.

Are you bi-polar or something?

I'm doing as you said, "Don't surrender."  Then, you come on here ridiculing me for voicing my opinions and "NOT SURRENDERING."   ROFL....
You were saying that ASICs were not necessary but how is something unnecessary when it was destined to arrive. You can not go back to past and remove ASICS from existing. Everything happens for good in the universe. It was destined to happen. Our present actions are not decided by us but by our destiny. Only because of Cold war man pushed themselves to their extremes and we reached the moon, it had to happen this way only because it was destined to happen this way. ASICs are just a phase of cryptocurrencies that will be gone but it will only help them. There can't be any other way round.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I am not saying that we can't do anything and just surrender to Bitmain. But then there is not much we can do right now. You can and you should spread awareness in the community but that won't make much difference to the big picture. These are time of perseverance. Only technological advancements can bring the changes we want and they will happen soon. Too many GPUs floating around so the devs have a niche where they can capitalise. Soon there will be a trend of ASIC resistant coins and I am sure that solution to ASIC theats are already under progress.

You keep contradicting yourself.  On one hand you say, not surrender then you say, "not much we can do right now."  Note: how you said, "right now" to cover your ass.  BUT while continuing to say afterward "...but that won't make much difference to the big picture, etc... etc... etc..."

So what's the deal?

You come on here ridiculing me for speaking out for a viable coin for humanity and an ASIC Resistant coin being part of the solution for humanity.  While at the same time admitting yourself in this quote I made of yours that something needs to be done.

Are you bi-polar or something?

I'm doing as you said, "Don't surrender."  Then, you come on here ridiculing me for voicing my opinions and "NOT SURRENDERING."   ROFL....
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Again you talk like communists who talks about an ideal world with ideal human beings while completely rejecting the ground realities. It does not matter if I mine for profit or humanity, it's not about you or me, I am talking about community as a whole and my statement holds true even IF I mined for profit only, my mining objective doesn't matter, my statement is true. Peoples lie, maths don't. Now you tell me straight forward do you think that majority of miners mine for good of humanity and not for profit. I am talking about ground realities. You are feeling hostile and now making personal attacks but that's doesn't make you right.
Whether or not a miner mines for profit has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether or not a project, such as ZEN, ZEC, BTG, XMR, etc...  decides to actually DO WHAT IS BEST FOR HUMANITY.  ROFL....

All you're concerned with is profit.  That's it... and you admit it.  You're prerogative...  I too care for profit.  However, unlike you, I ALSO care for a coin/project that's a viable alternative to FIAT to help humanity in regards to decentralized currency, privacy, freedom of speech and freedom from tyranny.
As I've mentioned in previous posts:  "IF" ASIC's could meet those......
I disagree...

You are saying that we need both miner and devs to keep check on each other but what we "need" doesn't = what we get.Yes awarness is necessary in the community but the fact is majority of miners (95%+) ONLY mine for capital gains without caring about decentralisation or humanity, just have a look at ASICs sale.

So, you're basically saying, "Lay down on the floor and take it up the..."

We have a real smart one here, fellas.  ROFL...  He wants to be a follower and not a leader.  This newbie has no clue...  He's admittedly saying he cares about a buck and not the best good of humanity.

ROFL...
Again you talk like communists who talks about an ideal world with ideal human beings while completely rejecting the ground realities. It does not matter if I mine for profit or humanity, it's not about you or me, I am talking about community as a whole and my statement holds true even IF I mined for profit only, my mining objective doesn't matter, my statement is true. Peoples lie, maths don't. Now you tell me straight forward do you think that majority of miners mine for good of humanity and not for profit. I am talking about ground realities. You are feeling hostile and now making personal attacks but that's doesn't make you right.

I am not saying that we can't do anything and just surrender to Bitmain. But then there is not much we can do right now. You can and you should spread awareness in the community but that won't make much difference to the big picture. These are time of perseverance. Only technological advancements can bring the changes we want and they will happen soon. Too many GPUs floating around so the devs have a niche where they can capitalise. Soon there will be a trend of ASIC resistant coins and I am sure that solution to ASIC theats are already under progress.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Yeah but most newbies are simply proxy accounts for asic agenda

Agreed...

so while you are ripping him by simply pointing out the truth another back a mole will pop out.

I'm "ripping" for those who aren't "proxy accounts" who are doing research and trying to learn about crypto.  Some may think it's a lost cause.  I'm sorry, but I don't.

Bitmain is simply really big and can go after coins with no consequences to itself.

Agreed.  The fact that you and I are talking about it now in this thread is a benefit for those [Who are not BITMAIN proxy's] trying to learn.  I simply moderate the proxies and/or those addicted to BITMAIN's illusion.

They are a big business looking to accumulate as much wealth as they can.

Agreed...  I have no problem with that if the best good for humanity was at heart but it's obviously not.

I hang in there and do a little here and there but the truth is they will not be stopped at my level.
FPGAS are not the answer

I agree! "Won't be stopped at our level."  Simply trying to get more on board with what's best for humanity by educating.  Which will hopefully wake up some of them and encourage them to join a project that actually gives a damn about humanity.  I believe ZEN is that project.  My opinion...  I"m still doing research on ZEN but it looks like it fits the bill.

Do you have a discussion going with FPGA's, Phil?  If so, link?

Maybe a new way to spend gpu hash is needed.  Not so much for me or you but for the sake of AMD and NVIDIA

Hmmmmmm, sounds interesting.  Any ideas of how to spend it?

I will continue to mine with my few gpus and see what happens next I did cash a lot of cards out.

Just going to sit and see what zcash does.

I'm kind of straddling the fence at the moment as to whether I should sell some or all of my GPU's yet.  Haven't decided.  It's about to get rough for the GPU miner for sure.

Thanks for chiming in and sharing your opinion, Phil.  You're a respected member of the community.  I took a break from bitcoin talk for a while to educate myself with trading.  I'm back now and BOY things have changed in the short time I was away from here [since the Bitmain S7].

Hopefully, those who visit this thread [who are not Bitmain proxies] might "reason" things out (think logically) and say, "Maybe these two [Who've been around a while] actually know what they're talking about and listen.

Good day, Phil.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
ASICs are so much more efficient than GPUs

Take the new Z9 for example - 300W / 10,000sols  33,3sols/W
I have currently garage full of 1080ti-s - the most i get out of those is 4.1sols/W

What logic you have there, padawon.  lol

You know full well what most miners will do with the extra watts available for Z9 that would have been used for 1080 ti, don't you?  They're going to add more Z9's.  Then what?  All you have to claim is, NETWORK MORE SECURE fellas.

All while "centralized" BITMAIN is increasing the difficulty on all of you WHILE ALSO manipulating the price in exchanges because they hold majority control over mining in their own farms.

What your propagating is BITMAIN's grand illusion.

Yeah but most newbies are simply proxy accounts for asic agenda

so while you are ripping him by simply pointing out the truth  another back a mole will pop out.

Bitmain is simply really big and can go after coins with no consequences to itself.

They are a big business looking to accumulate much wealth as they can.

I hang in there and do a little here and there but the truth is they will not be stopped at my level.
FPGAS are not the answer

Maybe a new way to spend gpu hash is needed.  Not so much for me or you but for the sake of AMD and NVIDIA

I will continue to mine with my few gpus and see what happens next I did cash a lot of cards out.

Just going to sit and see what zcash does.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I have currently garage full of 1080ti-s - the most i get out of those is 4.1sols/W

What logic you have there, padawon.  lol

You know full well what most miners will do with the extra watts available for Z9 that would have been used for 1080 ti, don't you?  They're going to add more Z9's.  Then what?  All you have to claim is, NETWORK MORE SECURE fellas.

All while "centralized" BITMAIN is increasing the difficulty on all of you WHILE ALSO manipulating the price in exchanges because they hold majority control over mining in their own farms.

What your propagating is BITMAIN's grand illusion.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I disagree...
Yes i contradicted myself by saying...

ROFL...

Sure, abandon "principles" you state in you reply for a buck?

Nice work, Player.  True gangsta...

Geeeeeeeez
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I disagree...
You are talking like a idealist not realist.

Believe me when I say, I have "ideals" (Principles).  If we don't have "principles" (guidance) to stand on with a project, what's the point of getting involved with a project.  Since you've made it quite clear with your statements that all you care about is making a buck, it's also clear you have no "principles."  It's damn decentralized currency that promotes privacy, freedom of speech and freedom from tyranny.  Just give me my money!  I'll leave "principles" to everyone else who gives a damn about the best good of humanity.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I disagree...
Yes i contradicted myself by saying that it is job of devs to be responsible (only possible in ideal world) but even if the community abandons use of ASICs that won't stop Bitmain from manufacturing them. There is already enough money in mining from their own miners. ASICs are a reality we have to accept. Only solution is to completely abandon the coin which doesn't use latest asic resistant algo (again only possible in ideal world).
The best we can do is launch an aggressive assault against pro asic coins on forums. It is the duty of High merit members (like you) who have taken red pill to speak against these coins on that coin's forum.

Welcome to PROG Proof of Work:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6B-ZCyP6K8

It's software development like PROG that will make a difference for several years [Possibly permanent because of the "mapping"].  But what do you care?  You're a follower heading towards a cliff.  

You make statements off the cuff like you know what the hell you're talking about and not really thinking about how it makes you appear to the reader.  The appearance is, "Lets make a buck and damn humanity."
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I disagree...

You are saying that we need both miner and devs to keep check on each other but what we "need" doesn't = what we get.Yes awarness is necessary in the community but the fact is majority of miners (95%+) ONLY mine for capital gains without caring about decentralisation or humanity, just have a look at ASICs sale.

So, you're basically saying, "Lay down on the floor and take it up the..."

We have a real smart one here, fellas.  ROFL...  He wants to be a follower and not a leader.  This newbie has no clue...  He's admittedly saying he cares about a buck and not the best good of humanity.

ROFL...
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I disagree...
You are talking like a idealist not realist. It does not matter if ASICs are necessary or not, the thing is that they exist they are here to stay and we have to deal with them.

Sure, you can tell that to developers who actually give a damn and they'll tell you, "Take a hike."
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
I do believe that ASICs are on the losing team in long run.

If for no other reason than they will eventually fall foul of environmental legislation. The colossal waste of power is already ridiculous and neither governments nor conscientious people will leave such an easy target alone.

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

If for no other reason than they will eventually fall foul of environmental legislation. The colossal waste of power is already ridiculous and neither governments nor conscientious people will leave such an easy target alone.
I disagree...
You are talking like a idealist not realist. It does not matter if ASICs are necessary or not, the thing is that they exist they are here to stay and we have to deal with them.
And yes, hurdles like ASICs are necessary for the development of cryptocurrencies. This is how it works everywhere in nature. ASIC resistant algos exists because ASICs exists. More smart ASICs will only lead to more robust asic resistant algos.

Yes i contradicted myself by saying that it is job of devs to be responsible (only possible in ideal world) but even if the community abandons use of ASICs that won't stop Bitmain from manufacturing them. There is already enough money in mining from their own miners. ASICs are a reality we have to accept. Only solution is to completely abandon the coin which doesn't use latest asic resistant algo (again only possible in ideal world).
The best we can do is launch an aggressive assault against pro asic coins on forums. It is the duty of High merit members (like you) who have taken red pill to speak against these coins on that coin's forum.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

We shouldn't let such (or any) company and govt. control the entire ecosystem. Instead of thinking about small personal profit one should think about the big picture but that is the job of the devs as we can't trust the community to act responsibly. The average miner doesn't care about decentralisation or cryptocurrencies, all he cares about is how to get maximum capital gains in least amount of time. One should not hope that one day the community will take the red pill. Only support coins that are against ASICs.

I disagree...

We need both miners and developers to keep each other in check.

Check for what?

"...to promote best coin(s) for humanity in regards to decentralized currency, privacy, freedom of speech and freedom from tyranny."
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Arguing with that retard is like arguing with full-on creationism believer. Or with that other retard in flat earth topic. Guy has no idea what's what. ROFL @ "my friend has" gtfo imbecile

Something wrong with having a friend with S9's and L3's you visit and talk to from time to time?

Something wrong when visiting to see if anything substantially different between the S7 and S9 when talking and/or visiting him?

Do people on bitcoin talk not have friends and/or acquaintances within bitcoin talk who provide information about different hardware?  

Do you not discuss this hardware with one another all the time if an issue should arise, etc...?

Is there something so different between the S7 and S9 that I'm at a total loss and it makes me an "imbecile?"  Am I missing something, other than asking you to look in a mirror?  I think not, and your continued name calling earns you nothing but less respect from those in the community who visit this thread.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

ASICs are still necessary because they lead to more advancement in stronger asic-resistant coin. The problem...[Below]

ASICs could work if there is more competition in the market and no monopoly of single company. Another problem is there retail availabilty and pre mining which could be solved if competition increases. Intel only bought good processors for cheap when AMD bought them in the market first. Competition solves many problem and it is necessary for healthy working of capitalism.

As I've mentioned in previous posts:  "IF" ASIC's could meet those [And other requirements I've mentioned in previous posts], I would be FINE with them."  At this current time... It's a NO for me.  Those criteria are not currently met and may never be.  Time will tell.

Some see ASIC's as a necessary evil.  "Necessary," because of "so-called" security of the network.  "Evil," because of not meeting the requirements I have mentioned in several posts.

This falls pretty much into the same category as FREEDOM.  In what way?  If one decides they will give up some freedom for the sake of some security, they deserve and will get NEITHER!!! - Similar to Benjamin Franklin's quote: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Your against zec not forking but you want to be apart of a new miner that will destroy the profit of gpu mining for Cn7 and zec and zec if it forks. An FPGA that will greatly centralize hashrate to 1 or 2 major FPGA manufacturers, oh that arent bitmain.

You STILL DON"T GET IT... What's your problem???

Read the last post I just posted where I QUOTE MYSELF then THINK...  GEEEEEEEEZ. So quick to judge.

Arguing with that retard is like arguing with full-on creationism believer. Or with that other retard in flat earth topic. Guy has no idea what's what. ROFL @ "my friend has" gtfo imbecile
Pages:
Jump to: