Pages:
Author

Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9 - page 5. (Read 4583 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8
I think ASICs could work if there is more competition in the market and no monopoly of single company. Another problem is there retail availabilty and pre mining which could be solved if competition increases. Intel only bought good processors for cheap when AMD bought them in the market first. Competition solves many problem and it is necessary for healthy working of capitalism.

But crony capitalist CCP and Bitmain won't allow that to happen. You can't even open a ASIC company in china. Bitmain has all the cards, they control the whole game. SIA founder tried to open a ASIC company in China and lost million dollars due Bitmain's tactics not allowing him to open the company.

We shouldn't let such (or any) company and govt. control the entire ecosystem. Instead of thinking about small personal profit one should think about the big picture but that is the job of the devs as we can't trust the community to act responsibly. The average miner doesn't care about decentralisation or cryptocurrencies, all he cares about is how to get maximum capital gains in least amount of time. One should not hope that one day the community will take the red pill. Only support coins that are against ASICs.

ASICs are still necessary because they lead to more advancement in stronger asic-resistant coin. The problem with majority is that they think if an ASIC has been made for asic-resistant algo then gpu mining is dead. They only look at one side. When powerful missiles came, tank's armour became more thicker and stronger. None of that has stopped to this day. More powerful missiles come with more powerful tank armour. One will come before another. Similarly if there are more powerful ASICs now there will be more powerful ASIC resistant algo in future. No antivirus is virus-proof forever, they keep updating to protect the computer. Same with asic-resistant algos.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Easy to be one sided when you havent made a single profit personally on an asic since 2015. You seem to have a lot invested in gpus. Id be worried too, but not ignorant.

Here's a PRIME example of someone who's emotions is inhibiting their reasoning abilities.  I too have been guilty of this before when I believed in BITMAIN'S grand illusion.

I mentioned in a post earlier [That he or she may or may not have read] "Most all my GPU's have ROI'ed 3 times over.  I began buying a lot of GPU's in May, 2016 and have mined with them consistently since then.  I could sell all of my hardware for GPU mining right now and add another $85,000 easily to my bank roll.  EASILY.... And that's being conservative.

Now I'm the one who's supposed to be worried?  And another thing.  This guy has no idea I'm a professional trader and make additional revenue from my trading profession.

Most importantly, this guy or gal doesn't understand this "IS" about community and consensus.  I'm here partly to fight for GPU's to remain and ASIC's to be RESISTED as promised by several privacy Equihash coins.  I'm also here to hopefully open peoples eyes to the fact "we should come together as a community to promote what is best coin(s) for humanity in regards to currency, privacy, freedom of speech and freedom from tyranny."  Which is in my signature box below.

So, bottom line:  They seem more inclined to be controlled by their emotions rather than the other way around.

I've had to learn the hard way it takes two to reason things out when there's division or confusion.
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
Easy to be one sided when you havent made a single profit personally on an asic since 2015. You seem to have a lot invested in gpus. Id be worried too, but not ignorant.

I unignored you to see if MAYBE your next reply would be an apology.  Apparently not...

Instead, you want to get involved in a shout match and make false accusations.

You ASSUME I made no profit with my ASIC's of old when I actually did.  Barely... But I did...

Now, I'll actually ignore you for 24 hours to give you time to think logically without emotions clouding your mind then unignore you to see if you have come to your senses.

And honestly, you really are acting PATHETIC right now. 

24 hour ignore implemented after this post.

You barely made a profit you say, that will leave me with a bias too, how many u buy again.. oh dam. Well sorry to hear that , theres my sorry.

I unignored you to see if MAYBE your next reply would be an apology.  Apparently not...

You ASSUME I made no profit with my ASIC's of old when I actually did.  Barely... But I did...

Now, I'll actually ignore you for 24 hours to give you time to think logically without emotions clouding your mind then unignore you to see if you have come to your senses.

24 hour ignore implemented after this post.

Lol couldnt help yaself
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I unignored you to see if MAYBE your next reply would be an apology.  Apparently not...

You ASSUME I made no profit with my ASIC's of old when I actually did.  Barely... But I did...

24 hour ignore implemented after this post.  06:29:14 AM, Wednesday, May 23, 2018 is 24h.
This is all about above, just because someones a low poster or a newbie doesnt automatically make them a shriller, forking is futile.

All you're doing now is searching through my posts for ANY EXCUSE to find fault with me to TRY to justify a means and/or reason to continue in your own insanity fostered by your own greed and BITMAIN's ILLUSION.  Plain and simple.

You started it

IF that's what you think, then I'll finish it.

IGNORED>>>

I'm NOT going to get involved in another shouting match.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
bitmain has screwed with your potential future profits, so how are you going to deal with that? Complaining only gets you so far. Its just capitalism comrade.

Capitalism versus community. Wouldn't normally count for much except many of these coins claim to be community coins. Now it's time to hold dev teams to the promises they made when they wrote "asic resistant".

Bitmain has the money and the hashrate, but the community provides credibility. Take that away and the coin fails. Doesn't matter how many asics secure the network if nobody believes in the coin.

Delenda est Zcash.

SPOKEN LIKE A CHAMP!!!

THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT QUOTE AND IT EARNS YOU +1 MERIT FROM ME.
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
bitmain has screwed with your potential future profits, so how are you going to deal with that? Complaining only gets you so far. Its just capitalism comrade.

Capitalism versus community. Wouldn't normally count for much except many of these coins claim to be community coins. Now it's time to hold dev teams to the promises they made when they wrote "asic resistant".

Bitmain has the money and the hashrate, but the community provides credibility. Take that away and the coin fails. Doesn't matter how many asics secure the network if nobody believes in the coin.

Delenda est Zcash.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
This is all about above, just because someones a low poster or a newbie doesnt automatically make them a shriller, forking is futile.

All you're doing now is searching through my posts for ANY EXCUSE to find fault with me to TRY to justify a means and/or reason to continue in your own insanity fostered by your own greed and BITMAIN's ILLUSION.  Plain and simple.

You started it

IF that's what you think, then I'll finish it.

IGNORED>>>

I'm NOT going to get involved in another shouting match.

You started it
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
And calling us pathetic..

If you want to be "pathetic" then so be it.  If it makes you FEEL better for someone to pamper you, hold you and be gentle with you, you've come to the wrong place, dude.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

It will be sweet when they decide forking is a losing battle.

Another "NEW" account shilling.  Having fun, BITMAIN?  I suspect not....

Can anyone pls comment on official ZEN statement on ASICs and changing algo to ASICs resistant, but in a short quick way.
whats the TLDR version?

Thanks.
Potential Equihash Algorithm Change Preparation

Modifying ZenCash to use Equihash-144-5 is doable, and the software development team has started identifying the specific work that would need to be done in order to create and test this change. It would be a Hard Fork change, and for optimal success of the Hard Fork, it would be best to implement such a proposed change as quickly as reasonably possible before too many ASIC miners take over the hashrate of ZenCash.

https://blog.zencash.com/zencash-statement-on-potential-equihash-algorithm-change/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_content=mining&utm_campaign=re+bitmain

GPUs are WAY more available to get then ASICs. To say GPUs are currently hard to get is incorrect. Sure there was a month or 2 when they were overpriced, that was due to the high demand when they had a ROI of 90 days.

Even then you could still buy a smaller graphics card, they were not ALL sold out. The 1070/1080 TIs were the hard ones to get, other models were more available.

What advantage would we have if everyone moved to ASICs? It would just raise the current bar for everyone, reduce us to one supplier of hardware, and starts a arms race. Atleast with GPUs we are all on a level playing field without having to worry someone will have a GPU that does x100 the hashrate for 1/10th the power. All the hardware is relatively close to each other in terms of performance, keeping the difficulty from ramping up x10-x100.

ASICs dont save power, they dont make the network more secure, they are limited in availability, only have 3 to 6 month warrantys, run loud and hot, manufacturers keep a large number of the them for themselves and keep secret other rigs that are far better then sell them as new later while replacing them with new hardware, etc...

This is suppose to be a ASIC resistant coin, why dont you ASIC people go mine other ASIC coins available. Ohhhh ya thats right, you cant make your money back off them ASIC coins anymore because of the difficulty have ramped up so much. So you want to come and ruin Zcash’s difficulty with ASICs to make a quick buck and act like its the future of mining.  I'm HERE to tell you, that QUICK buck is an ILLUSION.

Most who KNOW me, know I've been in the space for a while and have had a LOT of experience with BITMAIN.  My LAST round of ASIC's I bought from them was 42 x Bitmain S7's in late 2015.  All of which I sold in February 2016 and never looked back.  I USED to be the one to DEFEND them when they were attacked by others and I believe many KNOW this.  THEN I TOOK THE RED PILL AND WOKE UP in February, 2016!!!  I did a LOT of research and weighing pros and cons of GPU versus ASIC.  ASIC would be fine "IF" {and it's a big if} the manufacturing of ASIC's were not CENTRALIZED, if governments did not pose a risk of banning ASIC's when they are shipped into their country, [GPU's are not so easily banned; as they have multiple purposes], and manufacturers pulling shenanigans in regards to better hardware while selling the scraps to unwary greedy driven miners trying to make a buck while being oblivious to the true "end" of what Bitmain works towards.  Which is lining their own pockets at the expense of unwary individuals who are being seriously taken advantage of.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I gave SEVERAL reasons in SEVERAL posts a few pages back as to WHY NOT BITMAIN and WHY BITMAIN IS A PLAGUE TO THE INDUSTRY.

That post you quoted also gives some of those reasons. It's NOT just one reason, dude.  It's a CULMINATION of reasons.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Your looking into FPGAs? To buy them i assume.. Your a hypocrite!

Please be careful when accusing someone without gathering all evidence to support your accusation.  

You also need to read previous posts of mine in this forum:  NOTE THE PURPLE TEXT IN THAT QUOTE:

Most who KNOW me, know I've been in the space for a while and have had a LOT of experience with BITMAIN.  My LAST round of ASIC's I bought from them was 42 x Bitmain S7's in late 2015.  All of which I sold in February 2016 and never looked back.  I USED to be the one to DEFEND them when they were attacked by others and I believe many KNOW this.  THEN I TOOK THE RED PILL AND WOKE UP in February, 2016!!!  I did a LOT of research and weighing pros and cons of GPU versus ASIC.  ASIC would be fine "IF" {and it's a big if} the manufacturing of ASIC's were not CENTRALIZED, if governments did not pose a risk of banning ASIC's when they are shipped into their country, [GPU's are not so easily banned; as they have multiple purposes], and manufacturers pulling shenanigans in regards to better hardware while selling the scraps to unwary greedy driven miners trying to make a buck while being oblivious to the true "end" of what Bitmain works towards.  Which is lining their own pockets at the expense of unwary individuals who are being seriously taken advantage of.

Your accusing people of shrilling for bitmain cause they are pro zec non fork

BITMAIN IS "THE" DOMINATING MANUFACTURER... among other reasons.  You STILL don't get it...  Just forget it...   You're not seeing it cause you do not WANT to see it.  You only want to judge and condemn.

Please be careful when accusing someone without gathering all evidence to support your accusation.  

You also need to read previous posts of mine in this forum:  NOTE THE PURPLE TEXT IN THAT QUOTE:

Your accusing people of shrilling for bitmain cause they are pro zec non fork
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
IF YOU READ MY POSTS YOU WILL SEE (UNDERSTAND) WHAT I'M AGAINST.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Your against zec not forking but you want to be apart of a new miner that will destroy the profit of gpu mining for Cn7 and zec and zec if it forks. An FPGA that will greatly centralize hashrate to 1 or 2 major FPGA manufacturers, oh that arent bitmain.

You STILL DON"T GET IT... What's your problem???

Read the last post I just posted where I QUOTE MYSELF then THINK...  GEEEEEEEEZ. So quick to judge.

You have no idea, dude.

Be careful what you say, before writing it down.

Tell me what the difference is between ALL FPGA Manufacturers and one monopolistic manufacturer called, BITMAIN...

The only difference between an FPGA and a GPU is it can be programmed to mine most ANY algo.  However, we don't have the concern of one manufacturer DOMINATING like we do BITMAIN do we?

Your against zec not forking but you want to be apart of a new miner that will destroy the profit of gpu mining for Cn7 and zec and zec if it forks. An FPGA that will greatly centralize hashrate to 1 or 2 major FPGA manufacturers, oh that arent bitmain.
Pages:
Jump to: