Pages:
Author

Topic: Deleted - page 14. (Read 26088 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
October 18, 2014, 05:39:57 PM
Hope bitmain come back with the free shipping. Shipping  is costly

You're paying for shipping whether it's an added extra or included in the cost. They've just decided not to hide the shipping cost anymore. The net cost would still be the same.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 18, 2014, 10:11:11 AM
There won't be an S5 available for retail sale, in my opinion. If BitMain develops an S5, they'll stock their DCs with them and if you're lucky they offer some cloudmining up for sale. But most likely it will be just another massive private mining operation.

Home mining is dead. But don't lemme stop ya'll from speculatin' & dreamin'.  Wink

Mining is still alive with cheap electricity.  I will agree it's no longer the 3 month roi guarentee.  At one time I could be sure to be in profit at 90 days, now my calculations are going longer. I think Bitmain will continue to sell to public as it is a benefit for both, with them selling public the gear is cheaper for them as everything is in bigger quantity.

I do agree there will be a day when most are "cloud mining".  As i like hardware i hope it is still a little ways away.  Cloud mining is getting cheaper though and will continue to be more and more attractive.

The problem is you can't get cheap electricity for small user or household..

I would not say cant.  It is just part luck since based on location.   I am lucky enough that I have decent electricity.   
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
October 18, 2014, 03:03:02 AM
I'm waiting for the 10TH miners for $500 to come out.

What do you guys think, like a year from now?
Probably year and a half honestly with power/price has been.

i tend to agree.  i don't we will see a miner like that for some time.  the s2 didn't last very long on the market (bitmain site) at all,  people did not like the power hungry miner.  i hope manufacturers can master the efficiency, i would like to see 1 Th/s at 300 watts.  

Previously there was some news saying some germany company come out with 1TH/s at 200 watts only... But they are still in development stage...
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
October 18, 2014, 02:46:03 AM

Probably year and a half honestly with power/price has been.

i tend to agree.  i don't we will see a miner like that for some time.  the s2 didn't last very long on the market (bitmain site) at all,  people did not like the power hungry miner.  i hope manufacturers can master the efficiency, i would like to see 1 Th/s at 300 watts.  
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 17, 2014, 11:44:15 PM
There won't be an S5 available for retail sale, in my opinion. If BitMain develops an S5, they'll stock their DCs with them and if you're lucky they offer some cloudmining up for sale. But most likely it will be just another massive private mining operation.

Home mining is dead. But don't lemme stop ya'll from speculatin' & dreamin'.  Wink

Mining is still alive with cheap electricity.  I will agree it's no longer the 3 month roi guarentee.  At one time I could be sure to be in profit at 90 days, now my calculations are going longer. I think Bitmain will continue to sell to public as it is a benefit for both, with them selling public the gear is cheaper for them as everything is in bigger quantity.

I do agree there will be a day when most are "cloud mining".  As i like hardware i hope it is still a little ways away.  Cloud mining is getting cheaper though and will continue to be more and more attractive.

The problem is you can't get cheap electricity for small user or household..
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
October 17, 2014, 09:44:46 PM
Hope bitmain come back with the free shipping. Shipping  is costly
legendary
Activity: 1456
October 17, 2014, 08:25:35 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
October 17, 2014, 07:27:41 PM

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
October 17, 2014, 03:50:16 PM
S4s would be flying off the shelf if coins were trading in the US $500+ range!

Speculation: late Q4 + same chip/bigger board + slightly better efficiency ~1TH
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023
Mine at Jonny's Pool
October 17, 2014, 03:03:17 PM
Bitmain is trying to address the density part of the equation with their new C1.  It's effectively two S3+ combined into a single S3-sized chassis.  Water cooled (need to supply your own kit).  It's kind of interesting and goes to show how the manufacturers are trying to make the most of the current generation tech.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
October 17, 2014, 02:35:01 PM
I too will wait until the next generation comes out, with even more denser form factors, and even more energy efficient chips make it out to market.  As technology progresses, we'll see some more drastic price cuts we hope, as home miners.

Either that or we'll buy overpriced, inefficient, heat generating miners that we'll buy like the greedy lizard brain suckers we are.   Cool

In all seriousness though, I'll personally sit it out until maybe 16nm chips are the norm and the sticker shock is in the 3 figures.  Then I might actual consider jumping back in.
legendary
Activity: 992
October 17, 2014, 01:44:30 PM

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
October 17, 2014, 11:55:46 AM
Pages:
Jump to: