Pages:
Author

Topic: Deleted - page 9. (Read 26088 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 15, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

That guide is garbage.  I suggest any noob here to take Dogie's manuf. trustworthyness guides with a huge grain of salt and do your own due diligence.

this. any free miner is a good miner, eh?
anyhoo.. i've been refreshing the bitmain website page all day and nothing is jumping out at me.

S5 my arse.

Exactly, "S5 my ass!"

An S1 with no upgrade kits is a bad investment in my opinion; UNLESS one does not have to pay for electricity in a college dorm or where ever.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 15, 2014, 12:31:39 PM

That guide is garbage.  I suggest any noob here to take Dogie's manuf. trustworthyness guides with a huge grain of salt and do your own due diligence.

this. any free miner is a good miner, eh?
anyhoo.. i've been refreshing the bitmain website page all day and nothing is jumping out at me.

S5 my arse.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 15, 2014, 10:51:08 AM

Has anyone heard of the magazine it was in before this?

I just got to thinking that would be one heck of a way to get a lot of views, make up a ad.

That's what I mentioned earlier.  Some website just wanting some hits on their site to show to potential customers (advertisers) who would pay to advertise on their website.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 15, 2014, 10:42:34 AM

Has anyone heard of the magazine it was in before this?

I just got to thinking that would be one heck of a way to get a lot of views, make up a ad.
Activity: 357
November 15, 2014, 10:25:40 AM
if there is a huge gain in power and hash rate, then i think they will mine using those asics on their farm till they sell it to home miner.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
November 15, 2014, 10:15:20 AM
It's Bitmain. You should doubt in their promises.  Grin
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 15, 2014, 01:43:32 AM
Still nothing on bitmaintech.com

Now I'm not sure if the S5 will be released or not.

Not looking like it thus far.  I thought it was a bit too soon after the S4.  But, who knows?
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
November 15, 2014, 01:41:58 AM

Now I'm not sure if the S5 will be released or not.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 15, 2014, 01:22:58 AM
legendary
Activity: 1512
November 14, 2014, 10:44:07 PM

That guide is garbage.  I suggest any noob here to take Dogie's manuf. trustworthyness guides with a huge grain of salt and do your own due diligence.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
November 14, 2014, 07:41:59 PM
Is there any way we can have 200 USD per 1TH some day?

Ofcourse.... will it be tomorrow no.  Chances are it will be a much larger TH machine (hard to guess future) and with the more TH they do lower price per TH.  I don't think were very close to the 200 goal you want.

What if i go directly to the source manufactures and buy a really large bulk asic?

The "source manufacturers" are BitMain, KNC, Spondoolies, Bitfury, AsicMiner, Cointerra, Butterfly Labs, HashFast and whoever makes those DragonMiner chips (Bitmine.ch?). I imagine that many of them would give you a bulk discount.

Do your own research though! There are several manufacturers (most of them, really) that you should stay far away from. One is under investigation by the FTC and at least one other is bankrupt. Hint... BFL and HF.

Use Dogies Trustworthyness guide: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-dogies-comprehensive-manufacturer-trustworthiness-guide-1st-feb-2016-456691
November 14, 2014, 06:18:01 PM

Ofcourse.... will it be tomorrow no.  Chances are it will be a much larger TH machine (hard to guess future) and with the more TH they do lower price per TH.  I don't think were very close to the 200 goal you want.

What if i go directly to the source manufactures and buy a really large bulk asic?

The "source manufacturers" are BitMain, KNC, Spondoolies, Bitfury, AsicMiner, Cointerra, Butterfly Labs, HashFast and whoever makes those DragonMiner chips (Bitmine.ch?). I imagine that many of them would give you a bulk discount.

Do your own research though! There are several manufacturers (most of them, really) that you should stay far away from. One is under investigation by the FTC and at least one other is bankrupt. Hint... BFL and HF.

Thank you, this is helpful.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
November 14, 2014, 06:14:31 PM

Ofcourse.... will it be tomorrow no.  Chances are it will be a much larger TH machine (hard to guess future) and with the more TH they do lower price per TH.  I don't think were very close to the 200 goal you want.

November 14, 2014, 05:33:48 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
November 14, 2014, 04:51:12 PM
 Approximately .098 annually per kWH.

I'm stuck at the variable 0.0121

AND EVERYTHING IN MY APARTMENT RUNS ON ELECTRICITY

When I say my approximate annual power rate is .098 cents per kWH, it is an average because of the different costs for the time of year, taxes and fees.  I posted my power costs in the State of Alabama in a previous post in this forum.

We would do well if the S5 has a lower watts per Gh/s rating than the S4.  It could be even better if it actually is liquid cooled to reduce heat which would also reduce electricity costs during the hotter months.  I just hope the price is not outrageous to make the ROI outrageous!

Liquid cooling does not reduce the amount of heat generated. Liquid cooling simply removes the heat from the chip more efficiently than air cooling. The same amount of heat is generated and is emitted from a liquid-cooled device as is from an air-cooled device. Heat doesn't just magically disappear.

xtra8,

I'm curious, approximately how many degrees celsius do these rigs stay at that are liquid cooled?  It sounds like liquid cooling is there only to help units hash faster with no benefit whatsoever regarding keeping the ambient air around the unit cooler.  What a let down.  Maybe they ought to try Nitro Cooling (cooling with nitrogen oxide) or Freon cooling if they are going to bother with tubes and such.  Just a thought.

The only real world experience that I have with liquid cooled miners are two Monarchs. One is running 52c in ambient temps of about 78f. The other Monarch ran much hotter (mid-high 60s) but it melted a PCIe power connector and died.
legendary
November 14, 2014, 04:27:22 PM

November 14, 2014, 04:05:31 PM
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
November 14, 2014, 02:26:18 PM
1 Th per blade, yep.  Wink
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
November 14, 2014, 01:11:12 PM
15 boys, 15!
Hope is still around 2 blades system with 2*6pin sockets/blade
same ~360w or 500w max power and speed around 1.5 times the power
plssssss not to be water cooled yet! Grin
legendary
November 14, 2014, 01:03:35 PM
So where is the S5 information, it was supposed to ship tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on bitmaintech.com as well.  I keep checking their website at least once an hour.  They may have delays for some reason or another.  Maybe doing more extensive testing to avoid another Batch 1 fiasco like the S4 had.  However, all may be well and they just want to wait till tomorrow for whatever reason.  It could be that magazine just wanted to create a stir and try to get hits on their website.  Who knows?

I know how you feel.  I keep checking, I wish there was a official announcement.
Pages:
Jump to: