Pages:
Author

Topic: Deleted - page 8. (Read 26088 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 17, 2014, 10:13:05 AM
I said this in another thread so it's worth repeating. Business timelines can change, and I have no more info than you on when the S5 will be released, but the Antminer ad in yBitcoin is an official ad. We only print ads with the direct consent and participation of our advertising partners. Thanks for reading the magazine and please share it!

Kind regards,

/db

who said we read the magazine? naaaaah, we just followed the links to the advertisement page  Cheesy

Haha just when I'm starting to get nostalgic over BTF. Well, just so you guys know what we do- we're the world's leading educational bitcoin publication. Our awesome partners (like Bitmain) enable us to give the magazines away for free all over the world- in turn raising awareness and hopefully making your rigs pay out some extra dollars. This year we've been able to print almost 300,000 free magazines reaching an estimated 1-1.3 million potential new bitcoin users. If there is someone in your personal network on the edge or interested about using bitcoin, get them a free magazine shipped right to their door (we even pay shipping within the USA)!

in that case, i applaud you. best luck with the endeavour. now - go get us some insider info!  Shocked
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...
November 17, 2014, 10:09:21 AM
I said this in another thread so it's worth repeating. Business timelines can change, and I have no more info than you on when the S5 will be released, but the Antminer ad in yBitcoin is an official ad. We only print ads with the direct consent and participation of our advertising partners. Thanks for reading the magazine and please share it!

Kind regards,

/db

who said we read the magazine? naaaaah, we just followed the links to the advertisement page  Cheesy

Haha just when I'm starting to get nostalgic over BTF. Well, just so you guys know what we do- we're the world's leading educational bitcoin publication. Our awesome partners (like Bitmain) enable us to give the magazines away for free all over the world- in turn raising awareness and hopefully making your rigs pay out some extra dollars. This year we've been able to print almost 300,000 free magazines reaching an estimated 1-1.3 million potential new bitcoin users. If there is someone in your personal network on the edge or interested about using bitcoin, get them a free magazine shipped right to their door (we even pay shipping within the USA)!
November 17, 2014, 09:59:03 AM

Kind regards,

/db

who said we read the magazine? naaaaah, we just followed the links to the advertisement page  Cheesy
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...
November 17, 2014, 09:57:50 AM

Kind regards,

/db
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 17, 2014, 05:07:56 AM

That guide is garbage.  I suggest any noob here to take Dogie's manuf. trustworthyness guides with a huge grain of salt and do your own due diligence.

this. any free miner is a good miner, eh?
anyhoo.. i've been refreshing the bitmain website page all day and nothing is jumping out at me.

S5 my arse.

Exactly, "S5 my ass!"

An S1 with no upgrade kits is a bad investment in my opinion; UNLESS one does not have to pay for electricity in a college dorm or where ever.

And an S1 is only going to earn 86 cents per day even with free electricity. Hardly worth the trouble, lol.

93 cents per day at present difficulty and present cost of bitcoin $408.00.  $27.79 in one month and hardware break even in 97 days.  All of this with free electricity.

Not worth it in my opinion either.  If my electricity costs were free, I would rather have an S4 or S5.  However, it all depends on what one can afford.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
November 16, 2014, 06:49:01 PM

That guide is garbage.  I suggest any noob here to take Dogie's manuf. trustworthyness guides with a huge grain of salt and do your own due diligence.

anyhoo.. i've been refreshing the bitmain website page all day and nothing is jumping out at me.

S5 my arse.

Exactly, "S5 my ass!"

An S1 with no upgrade kits is a bad investment in my opinion; UNLESS one does not have to pay for electricity in a college dorm or where ever.

And an S1 is only going to earn 86 cents per day even with free electricity. Hardly worth the trouble, lol.

is that a 'constant' 86cents, or an average over time?  Cheesy

We'll c'mon now, you know the answer, lol. 86 cents per day for the remainder of this difficulty period... then somewhere around 85 cents for another 2016 blocks... then lower again.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 16, 2014, 10:23:27 AM
Lets just wait for another week for S5, I am pretty sure S5 is much better interm of price per GHS and power.!!

This appears not to have been a official ad, so it could be a week or multiple weeks.    Really no one knows.
Activity: 285
November 16, 2014, 10:15:30 AM
Lets just wait for another week for S5, I am pretty sure S5 is much better interm of price per GHS and power.!!
November 16, 2014, 05:32:11 AM

S5 my arse.

Exactly, "S5 my ass!"

is that a 'constant' 86cents, or an average over time?  Cheesy
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
November 15, 2014, 10:37:08 PM

S5 my arse.

Exactly, "S5 my ass!"

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
November 15, 2014, 06:22:58 PM
So it's 16th in China now. Another one broken promise.  Undecided

They (Bitmain) did not promise anything. It was just one self-promoting website, unrelated to Bitmain.
The only thing that was and still is missing was Bitmain officially saying that it isn't so, hence the confusion.
Considering that Bitmain frequenting these boards it is somewhat surprising that they let this rumor pass unanswered.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 15, 2014, 04:56:42 PM
Some strange magazine. )

That's what I thought.  So, not BITMAIN...

I have to give this site credit on being creative to get clicks.   Made one heck of a ad and even a littte buzz.

I'm about to give up and scrap it all to magazine publicity stunt.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 15, 2014, 03:00:47 PM
Some strange magazine. )

That's what I thought.  So, not BITMAIN...
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
November 15, 2014, 02:58:27 PM
Some strange magazine. )
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 15, 2014, 02:53:44 PM
So it's 16th in China now. Another one broken promise.  Undecided

Who promised it?
legendary
November 15, 2014, 02:44:34 PM
There was not even new chip's datasheet published...
November 15, 2014, 02:33:47 PM
Maybe that's because Bitmain was afraid that they will not be able to keep this promise and they preffered not to make any official announce... I don't know...

possibly, but there was no mention of power specifications, or hashrate, so there was nothing really, to go on.
legendary
November 15, 2014, 02:28:48 PM
Maybe that's because Bitmain was afraid that they will not be able to keep this promise and they preffered not to make any official announce... I don't know...
November 15, 2014, 02:18:39 PM
can we even substantiate that it was bitmain who were advertising this? there was nothing official from Bitmain to say they were even working on an S5? was there?
legendary
November 15, 2014, 02:12:34 PM
Pages:
Jump to: