Pages:
Author

Topic: Deleted - page 7. (Read 26088 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
November 30, 2014, 12:22:23 AM
Any news on this S5 yet? Being waiting so long..
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
November 18, 2014, 09:12:20 PM
Interesting. Of late, AM have struggled to keep up with efficiency of other h/w. Do you think we can expect something competitive or will someone else trump them to w/GH?
Personally, I'll be surprised if AM is ever really relevant again.  They had the industry by the balls and managed to screw it up over and over. 

I'm hedging my bets, i find all this quite exciting, as we approach a heavy level of difficulty which could, in essence render everything currently hashing, unprofitable. Interesting times.
Well KnC thinks they'll hit 0.07W/GH in 2015.  Who knows if that'll ever come to light, but that would be the end of the line right there.
Activity: 434
November 18, 2014, 03:51:18 PM
so, end of january, beginning feb for new Am rigs?

Details aren't too clear.  My understanding is that they went in on an MPW to validate the design, so first chips expected in Dec.  I would guess we might start seeing new AM (ASICMiner) HW sometime in Mar '15.

Interesting. Of late, AM have struggled to keep up with efficiency of other h/w. Do you think we can expect something competitive or will someone else trump them to w/GH?

I'm hedging my bets, i find all this quite exciting, as we approach a heavy level of difficulty which could, in essence render everything currently hashing, unprofitable. Interesting times.
legendary
November 18, 2014, 03:42:52 PM

Details aren't too clear.  My understanding is that they went in on an MPW to validate the design, so first chips expected in Dec.  I would guess we might start seeing new AM (ASICMiner) HW sometime in Mar '15.
November 18, 2014, 01:54:48 PM
They might use 16nm chip for S5 and push down the watt per gh/s down to like 0.2.

doubt anyone is that far with 14nm in relation to bitcoin mining atm.

Allthough.. if anyone could be.. it would be bitmain or friedcat i would guess..

The ASICMiner BE200 is 40nm. Friedcat is very far away from 14nm. They'd be lucky to have a 28nm chip before the middle of 2015.

Well then FC must have horseshoes up his ass, because rumour has it that AM taped out 28nm in Sept.

I'm assuming by "new Am rigs" you mean the Antminer S5?

no.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
November 18, 2014, 01:50:17 PM
They might use 16nm chip for S5 and push down the watt per gh/s down to like 0.2.

Allthough.. if anyone could be.. it would be bitmain or friedcat i would guess..

The ASICMiner BE200 is 40nm. Friedcat is very far away from 14nm. They'd be lucky to have a 28nm chip before the middle of 2015.

Well then FC must have horseshoes up his ass, because rumour has it that AM taped out 28nm in Sept.

I'm assuming by "new Am rigs" you mean the Antminer S5?
November 18, 2014, 01:07:54 PM

legendary
November 18, 2014, 12:50:59 PM

Activity: 286
November 18, 2014, 10:59:33 AM
I actually prefer them to do S5 as cloud mining, shipment is too costly. Big determine factor for ROI.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
November 18, 2014, 07:50:58 AM
s1 and s2 are using bm1380 55nm
s3, s4 and c1 are using bm1382 28nm

AM can go to other nodes like 32nm, 28nm or even 22nm. going down in the proces fabrication is much easyer then making a brand new chip from scratch.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
November 18, 2014, 07:39:12 AM

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 17, 2014, 10:20:11 PM
bama dropout and even i figured out how to mine  Grin i actually swam there over a decade ago... i live 30 minutes from the swamp now. i'm not saying our fanbase isn't rabid enough, but i think we could support our own crypto. who's down to mine bamacoin with their s5's with me lol

I'm down with using an S5 to mine Bamacoin!

Might like the name, "TideCoin" more.   Grin
Activity: 478
November 17, 2014, 09:56:26 PM
bama dropout and even i figured out how to mine  Grin i actually swam there over a decade ago... i live 30 minutes from the swamp now. i'm not saying our fanbase isn't rabid enough, but i think we could support our own crypto. who's down to mine bamacoin with their s5's with me lol
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 17, 2014, 04:14:05 PM
Holy shit... 2 People from Alabama who are mining?!?! I thought I was the only one.

LOL

ROLL TIDE
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
November 17, 2014, 03:07:48 PM
Holy shit... 2 People from Alabama who are mining?!?! I thought I was the only one.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...
November 17, 2014, 01:38:34 PM
I said this in another thread so it's worth repeating. Business timelines can change, and I have no more info than you on when the S5 will be released, but the Antminer ad in yBitcoin is an official ad. We only print ads with the direct consent and participation of our advertising partners. Thanks for reading the magazine and please share it!

Kind regards,

/db

who said we read the magazine? naaaaah, we just followed the links to the advertisement page  Cheesy

Haha just when I'm starting to get nostalgic over BTF. Well, just so you guys know what we do- we're the world's leading educational bitcoin publication. Our awesome partners (like Bitmain) enable us to give the magazines away for free all over the world- in turn raising awareness and hopefully making your rigs pay out some extra dollars. This year we've been able to print almost 300,000 free magazines reaching an estimated 1-1.3 million potential new bitcoin users. If there is someone in your personal network on the edge or interested about using bitcoin, get them a free magazine shipped right to their door (we even pay shipping within the USA)!

ROLL TIDE, David!

Thank you for your contribution to bitcoin!  Didn't realize we were close to one another until now.  I live in Birmingham.

I'll have to check out the magazine in more detail.

Have a great day!

David Ward

ROLL TIDE!! Proud University of Alabama alum here. There's actally a pretty big bitcoin scene in Tuscaloosa, a few of us got a bunch of students and professors invested in the $10 to $100 range so they have alot of happy supporters and college kids with too much btc for their own good. Actually met my girlfriend of the pat 3 years there and she's now working at BitPay.. bitcoin life.. right? 

Come visit us in Huntsville when you get a chance,  we're actually relocating to Nashville around the start of the year so don't wait too long!

Best,

/db
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
November 17, 2014, 12:57:39 PM
if intel doesn't have a lot of 14nm cpu on the market...22nm looks more realistic
Activity: 457
November 17, 2014, 11:29:53 AM

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
November 17, 2014, 10:46:57 AM
I said this in another thread so it's worth repeating. Business timelines can change, and I have no more info than you on when the S5 will be released, but the Antminer ad in yBitcoin is an official ad. We only print ads with the direct consent and participation of our advertising partners. Thanks for reading the magazine and please share it!

Kind regards,

/db

who said we read the magazine? naaaaah, we just followed the links to the advertisement page  Cheesy

Haha just when I'm starting to get nostalgic over BTF. Well, just so you guys know what we do- we're the world's leading educational bitcoin publication. Our awesome partners (like Bitmain) enable us to give the magazines away for free all over the world- in turn raising awareness and hopefully making your rigs pay out some extra dollars. This year we've been able to print almost 300,000 free magazines reaching an estimated 1-1.3 million potential new bitcoin users. If there is someone in your personal network on the edge or interested about using bitcoin, get them a free magazine shipped right to their door (we even pay shipping within the USA)!

ROLL TIDE, David!

Thank you for your contribution to bitcoin!  Didn't realize we were close to one another until now.  I live in Birmingham.

I'll have to check out the magazine in more detail.

Have a great day!

David Ward
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 17, 2014, 10:38:01 AM
Pages:
Jump to: