Pages:
Author

Topic: DeOS (by Razormind) is most likely a scam! EDIT: Ongoing investigation!!! - page 27. (Read 66953 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 30
More news...

It turns out ISH owns deos.io as well as the D3OS slack channel and has decided to take over the project and mutiny from Jawad. As of now DeOS has been forked before it is even a thing in an attempt to cut Jawad out of the picture.

I will post more as I hear about it.
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
heh, this is something new, I don't even know they have a slack group!!! Thanks for your effort plastick!
Activity: 200
Merit: 30
Here is something new... ISMAIL "ISH" MALIK claims he was added to the "Leadership Team" Razormind page without his consent and without any sort of contract. He seems to be pretty mad about it. Here is what he said in the D3OS slack channel:

"To all community members with immediate effect I'm no longer associated with Razormind and or Jawad or Phil.
Please have it noted that I was added to the razormind website without a contractual agreement and will be having myself removed.
I shall be making a full statement in the very near future and urge all members of this slack group to contact me through private message as the next few days and the subsequent actions taken by myself and those that may or may not join me could result in having a material impact on any investments made."

"Jawad has played a game and I have had enough"

"I will be making a full public statement till then PM me thanks"
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
Not sure if this is legit, but:

big shame on me, I was scammed,

i didn't do due diligence and "invested" early before accessing this very useful information

I just want to mention that i filed a report to the police here

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

and all those who were scammed or were almost scammed can post here as well.

The more of us post, the more the police will look at it.
Even if they can't frame him, with lack of evidence (or lack of crime if he covered his ass correctly) at least he would be put on watch hopefully, and won't be able to do it again.

Lets be crazy, he could even panic, and return the funds...
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240
Thread-puller extraordinaire
Easy to fake no? You just point to an already exiting 6000 address or use one from an old scam.

A user has posted a claim towards verifying at least one of the addresses they know was part of this ICO 'crowdsale' sham:
Hey guys, good to see this thread.

I have a couple of friends who have been burned by the DEOS SCAM, they sent small transactions and the team answered they are not going to give them tokens because they are dust... They also stopped writing back. How odd. There was no mention of that at the beginning of the crowdfund but the page kept on changing over time where new rules applied. I hope someone here has kept copies and screenshots of the pages.

TX 1: https://blockchain.info/address/1GGRoVoQpztuEGS5pHvJiaELsr7VZfVFoL for 0.1 BTC

Tx 2: https://blockchain.info/address/12vZ6B4o5R3D5arUJUCk15ZPuxEAW8Gq8j for 0.15 BTC

So I went and traced their transactions on the blockchain and found the crowdsale money has now been moved to one address:

https://blockchain.info/address/3Q8pgRFtxbUp8wtGbtQqRNXPs1B4i6enu1

A whole 6,119.319402 BTC!!! That's crazy!

That multisig address shows the funds are still there as of this moment.

legendary
@FAILCommunity
Easy to fake no? You just point to an already exiting 6000 address or use one from an old scam.

To be honest, I've never even tried to research that.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
then, anyone got coin???

I've not seen any reports and Razormind's twitter account has only been posting off-topic personal crap.

Nothing says 'official twitter account of legitimate global corporation' better than an incessant stream of personal tweets and pics by the one guy claiming to be heading up said 'global corporation'. /s

I guess you'd have to contact that 'shinichi yoshino' and ask him if he's received his yet.
https://twitter.com/ItWBZ1iOaKhybkw

The interesting part here is from where the hell they got so many BTC... looks like it's not their first scam. Smiley

Did they really get it or just claim to though...

You can see the amount in their address. I doubt that they are just going to post some different address with significant amount of BTC. Smiley

legendary
@FAILCommunity
then, anyone got coin???

I've not seen any reports and Razormind's twitter account has only been posting off-topic personal crap.

Nothing says 'official twitter account of legitimate global corporation' better than an incessant stream of personal tweets and pics by the one guy claiming to be heading up said 'global corporation'. /s

I guess you'd have to contact that 'shinichi yoshino' and ask him if he's received his yet.

The interesting part here is from where the hell they got so many BTC... looks like it's not their first scam. Smiley

You can see the amount in their address. I doubt that they are just going to post some different address with significant amount of BTC. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
then, anyone got coin???

legendary
@FAILCommunity
Hey thanks a lot for bring this thread up. Yes, I did send some bits to test them out. Thank God that I just send 5 usd at first as DEOS was my first ICO. I had to wait as I had run out of funds and then these guys keep changing there terms like first they said there is no minimum amount then they said no dust. Minimum 1 BTC. I backed off and I can afford to loose 5 usd  Wink

I am well aware of trollers who would like to come and troll about this 5 USD investment. Fuck go ahead, who cares! from the place I come from, people are quite happy if they get 1 USD per day.

But I do pray that someone will help those investors who have invested 0.1BTC and above but less than 1BTC. I don't expect the multi sig wallet key holders to help. I mean who the hell knows these guys were working together to horse fuck innocent investors...I guess it's each man for himself..you invest money in bitcoin that you can afford to loose in the process...

Seriously, all senior users of bitcointalk, esp the ones who fight scammers, pls do something if you can. Appreciate everything you guys have been doing. Thanks.

The ones who will eventually mock you about these 5 USD are bunch of brainless and hypocrite douchebags. Don't pay attention to them.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
A Trader & An Investor
Hey thanks a lot for bring this thread up. Yes, I did send some bits to test them out. Thank God that I just send 5 usd at first as DEOS was my first ICO. I had to wait as I had run out of funds and then these guys keep changing there terms like first they said there is no minimum amount then they said no dust. Minimum 1 BTC. I backed off and I can afford to loose 5 usd  Wink

I am well aware of trollers who would like to come and troll about this 5 USD investment. Fuck go ahead, who cares! from the place I come from, people are quite happy if they get 1 USD per day.

But I do pray that someone will help those investors who have invested 0.1BTC and above but less than 1BTC. I don't expect the multi sig wallet key holders to help. I mean who the hell knows these guys were working together to horse fuck innocent investors...I guess it's each man for himself..you invest money in bitcoin that you can afford to loose in the process...

Seriously, all senior users of bitcointalk, esp the ones who fight scammers, pls do something if you can. Appreciate everything you guys have been doing. Thanks.
legendary
@FAILCommunity
Nicely done Spartak, but I won't be holding my breath while waiting for CT to get a conscience about the willing part they play in all the scams that they promote.

Well, I don't blame them since the articles is probably their main source of income. Moreover, scams are sometimes very hard to be revealed on time so... I agree that they should not post articles about some shady businesses though. That is why I told them "Scams should not be promoted, no matter how much they are paying".
legendary
Nicely done Spartak, but I won't be holding my breath while waiting for CT to get a conscience about the willing part they play in all the scams that they promote.

legendary
@FAILCommunity
I'm a relative beginner to crypto, I saw the Cointelegraph article about Razormind and assumed that it was legit, didn't do much research and only invested a very small amount during the bonus period.

Thought as much. Cointelegraph are utterly shameless when it comes to promoting scams. They must be directly responsible for tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars-worth of bitcoin being stolen through their persistent use of fraudulent 'sponsored' articles, banner ads and generally shitty journalism. Promoting services and platforms for which even the slightest of efforts towards due diligence, or even common sense for that matter, would serve to prove them as being suspect.

They appear to be devoid of ethics or morals. I've tried getting them to pull articles or ads that are already proven to be criminally fraudulent scams but they just don't give a shit.

During the research and exposure of the facts of this case I was able to convince a number of ethical journalists to pull the PR puff-pieces Jawad and Phil were trying to con news agencies with. That's the difference between Cointelegraph and actual journalism.

Actually, Cointelegraph just replied us and they will make investigation on the subject.

Source: https://twitter.com/FAILCommunity/status/778572750751424512
legendary
I'm a relative beginner to crypto, I saw the Cointelegraph article about Razormind and assumed that it was legit, didn't do much research and only invested a very small amount during the bonus period.

Thought as much. Cointelegraph are utterly shameless when it comes to promoting scams. They must be directly responsible for tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars-worth of bitcoin being stolen through their persistent use of fraudulent 'sponsored' articles, banner ads and generally shitty journalism. Promoting services and platforms for which even the slightest of efforts towards due diligence, or even common sense for that matter, would serve to prove them as being suspect.

They appear to be devoid of ethics or morals. I've tried getting them to pull articles or ads that are already proven to be criminally fraudulent scams but they just don't give a shit.

During the research and exposure of the facts of this case I was able to convince a number of ethical journalists to pull the PR puff-pieces Jawad and Phil were trying to con news agencies with. That's the difference between Cointelegraph and actual journalism.

Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Why the hell did they send the BTC?! DeOS is a proved scam... in many ways.

I'm reluctant to say that I participated in this crowdsale, I received an email confirming receipt of the BTC and the amount of DEOS to be deposited but so far have received no further communication or instructions on how to download the DEOS, according to the website the platform launches on Oct 11th by which time all DEOS holders should be notified with downloading instructions. Let's see what happens.

I've got to ask, what exactly did you think you were investing in?

I genuinely don't want to sound like that is a mean comment, I would really like to get a sense of what the motivation was for people to send money in to something which was so vague, without so much as a whitepaper on the claimed tech, and for which the supposed global corporation behind it was so easily shown to be a sham.

Did you invest after the many hyped reports spouting about the success of the first week's "rain of bitcoins" or before then?

Because they changed the terms of the ICO exchange rate being offered while it was live, did you know that?

legendary

I'm reluctant to say that I participated in this crowdsale, I received an email confirming receipt of the BTC and the amount of DEOS to be deposited but so far have received no further communication or instructions on how to download the DEOS, according to the website the platform launches on Oct 11th by which time all DEOS holders should be notified with downloading instructions. Let's see what happens.

I've got to ask, what exactly did you think you were investing in?

I genuinely don't want to sound like that is a mean comment, I would really like to get a sense of what the motivation was for people to send money in to something which was so vague, without so much as a whitepaper on the claimed tech, and for which the supposed global corporation behind it was so easily shown to be a sham.

Did you invest after the many hyped reports spouting about the success of the first week's "rain of bitcoins" or before then?

Because they changed the terms of the ICO exchange rate being offered while it was live, did you know that?

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

legendary
@FAILCommunity
then, anyone got coin???

legendary
then, anyone got coin???

Pages:
Jump to: