Pages:
Author

Topic: DeOS (by Razormind) is most likely a scam! EDIT: Ongoing investigation!!! - page 31. (Read 66953 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
This one is pretty brazen. Amazed there has been no more fuss about it.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240
Thread-puller extraordinaire
Another perspective on the roaring success (/s) that is both the DeOS crowdsale and Razormind:

Razormind's Facebook page:

26,639 total page likes, but only 18 page likes this past week during a time they are actively seeking investment through this crowdsale and claiming a great deal of success so far?

26,639 page likes yet no comments on any of the posts in the timeline?

Anybody thinking that the claim Jawad makes about the mythical "27,000 active users" is actually just this number from his facebook account for Razormind?

That's nearly 27,000 fraudulent 'likes' but, then, seeing as they're already guilty of deceiving people through posting fraudulent customer testimonials, what's a bitcoin or two-worth of fake page-likes to add to the mix?

Jawad, the legal term you are looking for is, "Fraudulent misrepresentation" considering that you are inciting people into buying in to your 'crowdsale' on the premise of information you are presenting to them which is misleading and/or false.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fraudulent_misrepresentation
Fraudulent Misrepresentation
Under contract law, a plaintiff can recover against a defendant on the grounds of fraudulent misrepresentation if (1) a representation was made; (2) that was false; (3) that when made, the representation was known to be false or made recklessly without knowledge of its truth; (4) that it was made with the intention that the plaintiff rely on it; (5) that the plaintiff did rely on it; and (6) that the plaintiff suffered damages as a result.

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
A dilemma is, did Razormind created idea about blockchain integrated OS, or was it taken from somewhere?

That idea is actually quite old (few years). Currently some people are working on something like the Internet, but with many blockchains. Websites, forums, social networks - you name it. Everything decentralized.
legendary

It is a link to a supposed demo that is going to go live later today for 'sale participants'. Don't forget, though, the issue isn't whether there is any software, after all Razormind used to be a clone-coin factory so we know they can copy other people's code and, even if some of it is their code, there is no evidence to suggest that it is even a credible commercial-grade platform.

BTW this:
After a month the platform had acquired 27,000 active users, mostly those using the DeOS Desktop and DeOS Office systems, while another segment of users had already begun to develop smart contracts and to write programs ready to be compiled into DeOS bytecode. This led to the development of mobile DeOS nodes and mature DeOS cellular applications.

ORLY? 27,000 active user have supposedly been testing this platform and have been busy writing contracts and creating mobile nodes and whatever 'mature DeOS cellular applications' might pretend to mean.

I call bullshit on that claim given that there would be a shedload more participants in this thread, which is the the single most active topic on Razormind/DeOS on this forum. 27,000 users of a platform would not stand idly by while the legitimacy of said platform was being challenged. We would see dozens and dozens of posts from multiple forum account every day decrying the negative statements and proffering positive words about their experience in using this platform.

Where are they?

Jawad, the question still stands about the fraudulent customer testimonials, what proof is there that Razormind even has these companies as clients? If you don't have them as clients then what do you have?

27,000 strangely-silent users, apparently.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
icocowntdown did good job to look into DeOS's crowdsale transparency. no escraw is very touchy. way of talk the CEO of Razormind gave me impressions not credible enough. hope the corrected money are not to spend to IS or such tero activities... Cool

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Meanwhile WBB developer's released WBBOS RC1. The idea for WBBOS release was established long before Razormind announced DeOS as a plan. Also I want to point that WBB dev never raised any BTCs through cowdsale, ICO, etc., but is funding developments on his own. A next step is new WBB V5 blockchain with thousands transactions per second (TPS), also wallet will run without need to download blockchain.

Here is a link to latest ann post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15758192

A dilemma is, did Razormind created idea about blockchain integrated OS, or was it taken from somewhere?

Beware, Razormind's DeOS tokens sale can be just a scam. At least WBB has already developed OS release candidate version, and dev plans to do marketing only after fully working blockchain intagreted WBBOS. So, he want to avoid hype for incomplete product. Quite honest attitude, imo...
legendary
Having a quick scan through the interview and I note that Jawad is simply regurgitating the same bullshit excuses as most scammers do for why there is no proof of the things they claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpgsRGczodg
Core TV Episode 03: Jawad Yaqub CEO of Razormind.co.uk
25:20 Interviewer asks why there is no bitcoin address that investors can check to verify the claims being made by Razormind as to having received millions of dollars worth of bitcoin in investment so far. Jawad responds by saying it is because such an address would be a "magnet for hackers", because, you know we all accept that simply giving out a bitcoin address means it can be hacked, right? /s

29:50 Jawad rebuts further concerns about the ongoing total investment by claiming it isn't something he's interested in and that he doesn't want to try and drum up business by reassuring people with independent proof.

30:30 When challenged on the notion that Jawad's apparent disinterest in the money suggests he isn't interested in making the business profitable, he responds with grandiose bollocks about how successful he is at making money so people don't understand his plan.

32:00 Asked about the supposed 260 Employees, Jawad sighs and generalises a few locations, like London, a registered office in Northern Ireland (like, duh! It is your crappy little house, Jawad!) New York, Turkey ("where we're doing a whole bunch of stuff in Instanbul") and how they have coders in Vietnam, Ukraine and that they 'bring people in from India, Bangalore' etc. then he pulls up San Francisco, Vancouver, mentions New York again . . . blah blah blah.

33:33 Interviewer brings up the 'Bank of America' issue concerning 'copied' web content on Razormind's website. Jawad claims, as we've already seen earlier in this thread, that it was a 'PR agency' about 18 months ago who put those pages up. He says he 'should have checked' but that they are still clients of Razormind but that the content of the 'copy' published was wrong so they have pulled those pages so they can be re-written. Jawad resorts to claiming they are so focused on what they are doing that they "don't really care about selling".

35:00 Asked for comment on the fake team-member profile issue, claims he doesn't know what the interviewer is talking about, when given further explanation he goes on to talk about Olga being a very successful business-person and how much she has helped Razormind so very much. Rambles on some more without answering the question by saying she is a very good person. Interviewer pushes again the issue that there is falsified information on the website and Jawad panics and denies it is false information, insists the fraudulent pages were just an innocent mistake and rambles some more.

Rambles on some more about how much he loves his wife and kid.

Rambles on about how great his ideas and business is.

43:20 Interviewer brings up the supposed five million Euro investment they say is gong to happen for a 'European Blockchain Bank', where is the money coming from, the crowdsale funds? Jawad rambles on some more about the blockchain bank and how great it is going to be and how it is all about helping the poor people.

45:20 Interviewer asks again where the money is coming from for this five million and asks if it is coming from Razormind. Jawad insists he is poor but the company is rich and "has decided to make this investment". Asks "has it happened yet. . .where is the money coming from. . .the crowdfund?", Jawad denies this by stating the money comes from, "us, it comes from the network, it comes from our own cash. At the moment DeOS is owned by us, it is commercial private software . . .it does what it is supposed to do. . . we don't need the money from the crowdsale. . .that the best way to get public ownership and publicise it is through this crowdsale".

47:30 Second interviewer brings up the question of what if a borrower on this new European Blockchain Bank doesn't pay back his debt for ten years, how do they prevent that. Jawad goes offline as the question is being asked.

48:40 Two interviewers talk about the problem of lack of transparency with this crowdsale and the escrow (dude, it's pronounced as in the bird 'crow', not 'crowd'! you're welcome).

tl;dr
Nothing has been answered, the fraudulent web-pages were intentionally modified to read 'Razormind', other than these pages they stole from 'SAS' there is no evidence Razormind has any of these multi-national firms as clients.

Fraud. Still fraud.

BTW:
Jawad denies this by stating the money comes from, "us, it comes from the network, it comes from our own cash. At the moment DeOS is owned by us, it is commercial private software . . .it does what it is supposed to do. . . we don't need the money from the crowdsale. . .that the best way to get public ownership and publicise it is through this crowdsale".

Do you know what this means? It means they are offloading DeOS onto the 'public' so it no longer belongs to Razormind. As in once you send your bitcoin in to this 'crowdsale' you are essentially doing a group buy of this software. There is no further requirement for Razormind to do anything more beyond count the profit from all those 'tokens' of software ownership they just sold you.

*That* is how you pull of a totallynotascam scam.

legendary
Well, while we're waiting for information on whether that question was asked and what the answer might have been, it is worth pointing out that at least IBTimes journalists have ethics when shown the facts:

I invited Ian Allison, the author of the IBTimes article on Razormind's ongoing success in collecting lots of money for this 'crowdsale' to learn of the proven fraud being perpetrated by Jawad and Razormind. His response to this new information? The correct one.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/razorminds-deos-crowdsale-raises-1-9m-bitcoin-first-week-1572917

So, all we have left are mostly self-penned articles being posted by Jawad on Linkedin and blogs, plus CoinTelegraph who don't count because, well they've never appeared to give a shit about promoting articles on suspected scams and are unlikely to about this one, either.

After all this astro-turfing by Razormind we are left wondering exactly what the fuck they actually have done, other than all this astro-turfing.

legendary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG66c3fPU40&feature=youtu.be

We are interviewing Razormind today. Please submit questions and be in the chat boxes guys! Make your opinion heard!

Sure, I've got a question:

Razormind's 'Customer Stories' section, which was on their website up until a few days ago, listed a number of supposed testimonials from clients of Razormind, speaking extremely highly of the services provided.

These have since proven beyond any doubt to have been ripped from an unrelated website and fraudulently edited and presented to mislead people into believing they were testimonials about Razormind. Jawad, however, insisted in a comment he made and then deleted on CoinTelegraph's article about the thousands of bitcoin they are receiving for this 'crowdsale' that:
The allegations around 'SAS' are unfounded - the pages were pulled
because we are updating our client pages to reflect the new Big Data and
Blockchain focus.

Yet this is patently untrue. The facts concerning 'SAS' are not merely allegations, they are proven beyond doubt.

So the question is this, what possible justification do Razormind have for all the fraudulent claims they make on their website?

Let me be clear on this, by fraudulent, I mean that they have been easily proven as fraudulent, not anything which can be dismissed with vague hand-wavy excuses while muttering about 'trolls' and 'FUD'. So I'd like to hear a full and frank explanation for this fraud as I don't believe there is one which would justify such false pretence at the same time of them wanting to convince the public to send them lots of money.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG66c3fPU40&feature=youtu.be

We are interviewing Razormind today. Please submit questions and be in the chat boxes guys! Make your opinion heard!
legendary
Good grief, this just gets more ham-fisted an obvious grab for cash fraud every time I look at it:

Let's meet the team
http://www.razormind.co.uk/dev-team/

Only, to continue the Razormind practice of stealing from other company websites, it isn't:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshall/moisture-is-the-essence-of-wetness-and-wetness-is-the-essenc?utm_term=.fozJbeebY#.tfBZPzzP3

Is there anything Razormind haven't just simply ripped from someone else and claimed it as their own?
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
butthurt butthurt everywhere  Grin
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
legendary
I'm here to see if your scam claims have any merit.

So, shill, on what grounds do you claim them to not have merit?

1. The customer testimonials are from another company, not Razormind - True, verified and proven.

2. Razormind posted these fraudulent testimonials with the intent of fooling people into believing they were from corporate customers who were speaking highly of Razormind's services, which they are not - True, verified and proven

3. According to chatlog statements you posted in this thread, Razormind commented that they pulled them, "to update and expand them with respect to the key tech we used in each one", only there was no 'we' because the testimonials are stolen from another company's website and nothing to do with Razormind - True, verified and proven.

Exactly which of the above statements of clearly proven fact are you claiming is not correct?

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
LOL, it's extremely amusing that I can make some of you my emotional bitch without even trying. Put up more evidence of their "scam" or just sit there and wipe your vagina off.

More evidence? cryptodevil called you naive, but I think you are either stupid or just a shill.

How much did you lose? And why are you the only one crying about this?
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
He's answered it, to my satisfaction anyway. The PR firm they hired effed up, those client pages are removed on their site and being revamped.

'PR firm they hired effed up'? Really? You're just going to go with that and accept it?

They posted multiple pages of fraudulent testimony from customers they never had, people who were in fact speaking about the multi-national global corporation, 'SAS'.

All this while they are wanting to raise as much money as possible from their 'crowdsale' and you think a "somebody else made a boo boo but we are totally legit, honest!!!!!!1!!" excuse suffices?

You are either extremely naive or a shill.

LOL, it's extremely amusing that I can make some of you my emotional bitch without even trying. Put up more evidence of their "scam" or just sit there and wipe your vagina off.

You haven't countered the evidence which has already been posted yet. But thanks for showing your true colours in this thread, shill.

I don't have to. I'm not here to convince you of anything. I'm here to see if your scam claims have any merit. All I see is someone who's been butthurt by the scams and can't think objectively. Thanks for reaffirming that.
legendary
[7:51]  
with respect to the client pages - they've been pulled to update and expand them with respect to the key tech we  used in each one.

They've been pulled to update them about the key tech used for each one?

Which part of, "THE CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS WERE STOLEN FROM ANOTHER COMPANY", confuses you? These testimonials were directly ripped from the website of 'SAS' and edited to make it look like they were customers of Razormind.

Razormind intentionally copied another business's website testimonials, intentionally edited them to make them read as though they were about Razormind and then intentionally posted them on their website in order to falsely add an air of legitimacy to their grand business claims.

There is no 'key tech' Razormind used in each one, they were never fucking customers in the first place!

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity

More evidence? cryptodevil called you naive, but I think you are either stupid or just a shill.
legendary
He's answered it, to my satisfaction anyway. The PR firm they hired effed up, those client pages are removed on their site and being revamped.

'PR firm they hired effed up'? Really? You're just going to go with that and accept it?

They posted multiple pages of fraudulent testimony from customers they never had, people who were in fact speaking about the multi-national global corporation, 'SAS'.

All this while they are wanting to raise as much money as possible from their 'crowdsale' and you think a "somebody else made a boo boo but we are totally legit, honest!!!!!!1!!" excuse suffices?

You are either extremely naive or a shill.

You haven't countered the evidence which has already been posted yet. But thanks for showing your true colours in this thread, shill.

Pages:
Jump to: