Pages:
Author

Topic: did you place all your funds into bitcoin? - page 28. (Read 123608 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
I do not think it's good to put everything in the bitcoin, you have to have liquidity in case the market crash for a while
Placing all the money into bitcoin on any given day is not a good or safe option, invest only some amount of your total money into bitcoin, as nobody can guess the prize of bitcoin as it is volatile.
Activity: 90
Merit: 1
If I were you I would split my investment into crypto markets and gold, to balance the risk.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I think that it depends on who you are an investor or trader.
If the investor then many have really invested their spare money in the BTC as digital gold, in the hope that it will grow for a long time and will probably not give as many X as some alts, but this is a more reliable asset, even given the correction.
And if you are a trader, then most likely you trade different currencies, but since at the moment 90% of alts are traded mostly only to BTC (except for ETH and USDT of course). That all the same it is necessary to have a reserve of a deposit in BTC to make trading operations.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
I think it depends on what you mean by "all your money" and your financial status.

For example if you are a young still in school living with parents and your total money to invest is $1000 or lower, yeah I say go for it and put it all on bitcoin.

If you have a family to support with a job or own business, you should invest in stocks or real estate or whatever, then some in bitcoin.
Activity: 333
Merit: 11
Hell naw! funds should be invested in many different things... Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Activity: 64
I do not think it's good to put everything in the bitcoin, you have to have liquidity in case the market crash for a while
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
Putting everything on bitcoin is a mistake, the best investments are always the ones that are the most diverse.
We all have heard all those stories about a guy who sold everything to invest in bitcoin. We don't know the final of the story, but if he cashed out his money when bitcoin reached 20k$ he surly won. But such decision is crazy. I would never risk all of I have for such target. Maybe I am wrong and only the risk can bring the profit, but it's too much for me.
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
It's not a good idea to invest all your money in one player alone. What if let's say Bitcoin suddenly crash? What is your next plan? If you only place your money solely in Bitcoin, It's clearly loss on your side. That's why it's not ideal to put ALL your money in just one player. Try to maximize and spread your money throughout the market.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Putting everything on bitcoin is a mistake, the best investments are always the ones that are the most diverse.
Activity: 30
I don't spend everything on Bitcoin , i split it into many invesment. It's dangerous when you're focusing everything on one thing.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
No, because it is just very risky to so. Look at the price drop of bitcoin last week, it dropped from ~$20,000 to ~$15,000 in just 5 days, almost 30%! Therefore, instead of placing all my funds into bitcoin, I have chosen to diverse my risk and place part of my funds into some altcoins. Now, my investment portfolio is 40% bitcoin, 40% altcoins and 20% fiat. That 20% fiat is intended for buying bitcoin just in case its price drops to a really low level.

That is a good diversified portfolio - just stick to it and you will be just fine. I don't really think of the decreasing of bitcoin price and don't want to think any negative about it because it give me so much in terms of finances and its rise is even greater than the little decrease of its price recently.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
No, because it is just very risky to so. Look at the price drop of bitcoin last week, it dropped from ~$20,000 to ~$15,000 in just 5 days, almost 30%! Therefore, instead of placing all my funds into bitcoin, I have chosen to diverse my risk and place part of my funds into some altcoins. Now, my investment portfolio is 40% bitcoin, 40% altcoins and 20% fiat. That 20% fiat is intended for buying bitcoin just in case its price drops to a really low level.

No, not because it's risky, it's because I wish to have money on more then one place. All in is risk you take when you are close to lose everything you have, and then you need to risk with what is left to win a lot. I have money in many things and I would like that to stay like that, and to try to increase what I have.
I believe that everyone is in different situation, so what is smart to do depends from individual situations. I don't like to go all in with all the money I have, that is gambling and if you wish to be good at it you never risk everything you have.
Activity: 118
Merit: 5
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
https://streamies.io/
December 31, 2017, 01:57:27 PM
No. although I love Bitcoin and I have gotten from it, I wont put all my money into it. It is too risky. the first investment lesson is that dont put all the eggs in one basket
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
December 31, 2017, 01:15:20 PM
80% of my fund is in bitcoin and I do not care if bitcoin get to $1, I do not sell my bitcoin. Remaining 20% is in ether and other altcoin. ICO is another investment I dedicate certain percentage of my fund to!

Hope those are not exactly all your funds, or better to say you have something outside cryptocurrencies.
Although bitcoin is at the moment the most profitable investment still it's risky and you are exposed to potential loss. So if you have put so much of your funds into bitcoin you are pretty brave person.
I have only about 10% of my funds in bitcoin so far I didn't decide to invest more but even will rather small amount invested the profit could be great.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
December 31, 2017, 12:58:52 PM
80% of my fund is in bitcoin and I do not care if bitcoin get to $1, I do not sell my bitcoin. Remaining 20% is in ether and other altcoin. ICO is another investment I dedicate certain percentage of my fund to!
Activity: 14
December 31, 2017, 12:19:51 PM
I think it is not a good idea because we all know that in trading it is very risky to pit money because you can't say if you're going to win or to earn. Sometimes we didn't know the true attitude of our costumers and we didn't know if they are going to scam us. And may lead us to fall down. I think that kind of strategy isn't hoing to work also for those who are only beginners.
Activity: 8
December 31, 2017, 12:17:28 PM
Not necessarily. I focus on the long term growth of something, and from all options that are available, I pick just one that smiles back to me. In my case that investment option was Bitcoin, and it has not ever disappointed me. Even at current levels, the potential is still massive if you are long term minded. Of course, everyone want to buy at lower than current levels, but these chances will slowly fade away as the price will continue to go up throughout the years. Quick action is required. Wink
Activity: 2
December 31, 2017, 12:07:16 PM
It is not a bad idea but a little bit risky especially when you do have a family that needs your financial support. Investing bitcoins is a long term investment if you want to profit more and the prices of bitcoins is not that stable. What if you need cash right away then price value of btc is in dip? It is a big loss already. So i suggest atleast invest 75% of your to bitcoins then the 25% is to keep for emergencies.
It's really a bad idea and I don't think that invest at least 75% is good. Just spend what you afford to lose. And don't forget that you also have a real life. If you wan't to invest, so do long term investment. Spend 20% or more that you can afford to lose from your salary to Bitcoin every month and spend the rest for your life in a month. Do that every month and you would be rich someday.

I agree with you: Just spend what you afford to lose!
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
December 31, 2017, 11:51:59 AM
it depends on the time i buy. If when Bitcoin prices is the bottom likes now, I will put all my saving money to Bitcoin and hold it until it reaches $30k in 2018
Pages:
Jump to: